[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

NadeShot

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, is Lycanite's Mobs required? When I killed a sheep, a black ghost thingy mob appeared (couldn't take a closer look), and I immediately crashed.

EDIT. Sigh. Nevermind. Just checked your updates, heh.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
I wish there was a way to ship out more energy by using a full Energy Cell. They contain more energy than the capacitors. Of course my names might be wrong but you know what I mean.

Also wish I got less Bibliocraft BB. I keep getting freakin' framed painting blocks :p

nfmous

Jul 29, 2019
Did the updates for 0.8.1 (The fix I mean)
-Play fine all night
-Wake up start playing (Still super early into the pack)
-Get 97% Cpu usage on a quad core ><, tps at like 15
-Get lag opening chest
-Crash with no error 5 mins later

Tried changing video settings rebooting and the like, still crashes with no error output.
Deleting and trying 0.8, hopefully it fixes it :/

I don't think it is my computer, it handles resonant rise 3 - excessive (300 something mods) at 70% cpu usage and basicly no lag, except for the hour start up time lol

nfmous

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah downgraded and had no problem...
I'll update and try to track it down, has to be something that's loaded in my general area. Didn't have any problem until this morning

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting ocational MASSIVE lag spikes, like MC just stops responding for up to five minutes (that only happened once, usually it's just two). Is it just a bad version?

nfmous

Jul 29, 2019
^ Same problem but mine just closes itself
I downgraded to 0.8 and have no problems atm, he's working on addressing the issue though ;o

---

Edit1:
Re-updated and did the fix to 0.8.1
Running Perfmon to monitor spikes in usage, when it starts lagging ill try to copy the logs

Edit2:
The spike in a neat graph, (Only the right side is relevant, the left side of the graph is post-crash)
cIkG7wV.gif

Crash log: http://paste.ee/p/Okx8W
" EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000005bbbdd80, pid=3580, tid=4624"

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Very odd. Going to look over all the mods I updated in 0.0.8.1 as I go through and get things updated to the new fluid API today. I get the feeling something is going weird between forge changes and some mods...

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
FOR THOSE RUNNING CAULDRON SERVERS
Does Forge 1388 have a good Cauldron version? I'm going to build the update against this for now.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I have two main worlds, one for tech and one for magic. (needless to say the magic one has a lot less potential due to only Botania's quest line being done...) I didn't even intend for it to be this way, but my tech world spawned me next to an extreme hills biome (thus emeralds) and my magic one spawned me in a forest (with lots of botania flowers)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, been working on the 0.1.0 update since 6 am this morning (It is now 1 pm). So far, I've updated forge to 1388, and 30+ mods have been updated. Many of these mods needed to be updated for the new fluid API, others had critical bugs and performance improvements.

I am now expanding out my testing map and updating current questlines to match added items + make detection much better (aka : second round of Quest Fixing).

EDIT : Forgot to mention, so far we're only losing one mod : GrowthCraft. The others have since been updated.

nfmous

Jul 29, 2019
I won't miss GrowthCraft.
The only thing that sucks for me personally is that I'm still new to a lot of the mods (I haven't really played MC since 1.6.4, theres so many fricken cool things now)

Katietarr

Jul 29, 2019
Mess around with Ender IO, nfmous. Ender IO is by far one of the best "Newer" mods to come out. So many options and things to do.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan not sure if it's a contributing factor to the lag of death going on, but around page 50 of a blanks NEI search, (and this might have to do with the fluid API or some such, since lots of BC tanks show up, I believe) the game decides it despises all the pretty liquids and lags out for minutes on end. There's also another problem spot after that that does something similar (page 100ish maybe? I don't remember that one too well).

EDIT: I guess I should add that I get a wee bit of lag when I enter a world, but it's not terribly bad, and pausing while the world loads in usually mitigates it.

Last edited:

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, been working on the 0.1.0 update since 6 am this morning (It is now 1 pm). So far, I've updated forge to 1388, and 30+ mods have been updated. Many of these mods needed to be updated for the new fluid API, others had critical bugs and performance improvements.

I am now expanding out my testing map and updating current questlines to match added items + make detection much better (aka : second round of Quest Fixing).

EDIT : Forgot to mention, so far we're only losing one mod : GrowthCraft. The others have since been updated.
Doh - stupid mix up between mods... :) Still loving the pack :D

Last edited:

Minefinity

Jul 29, 2019
FOR THOSE RUNNING CAULDRON SERVERS
Does Forge 1388 have a good Cauldron version? I'm going to build the update against this for now.

We will need to remove/ban the endertank -> fluid bug.
And there is the usual bug with dimensional anchor: http://pastebin.com/ssAu2N83
Beside this, it works good.

We have not recognise any abnormal lag spikes with the 0.0.8.1 update.