[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Cmon,
Atleast both mods had to do with growing stuff.

So do Natura (berry bushes and trees), Biomes O'Plenty (more trees), Tinker's Construct (oreberry bushes and slimy trees), Thaumcraft (Silverwood and Greatwood trees), Forestry (even more trees), The Twilight Forest (again, trees), Pam's Harvestcraft (fruit trees), Magical Crops (essence plants), and Witchery (eyup, more trees, as well as some production crops). All those mods "have to do with growing stuff," but they have significant differences. Like how Agricraft has the crops (the sticks, to be clear) and stats that are the core mechanism of growing things while Growthcraft has (according to NEI) only grapes, rice, hops, and an apple tree, as well as a few associated items.

Last edited:

nfmous

Jul 29, 2019
Will do.
Since you run a server (which I looked at), how does this pack fair in a multiplayer environment?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
We will need to remove/ban the endertank -> fluid bug.
Did you test this with an updated Ender Storage, Code Chicken Core, and let CodeChickenLib update in the /1.7.10 folder? Unless this is a different bug you are talking about...

And there is the usual bug with dimensional anchor: http://pastebin.com/ssAu2N83
Odd. I haven't encountered this myself, but I'm wondering...
Could you try opening forgeChunkLoading.cfg, and under the Defaults section set I:maximumTicketCount to 400 instead of 200?

Minefinity

Jul 29, 2019
Will do.
Since you run a server (which I looked at), how does this pack fair in a multiplayer environment?
Pretty good. We have a lot of players who formed teams.
Our only rule works , no hassle with bad players.
Flourishing trade among the players and a server economy system is under construction.
Just give it a look we are happy about every nice player.

Did you test this with an updated Ender Storage, Code Chicken Core, and let CodeChickenLib update in the /1.7.10 folder? Unless this is a different bug you are talking about...

Odd. I haven't encountered this myself, but I'm wondering...
Could you try opening forgeChunkLoading.cfg, and under the Defaults section set I:maximumTicketCount to 400 instead of 200?

We use your 0.0.8.1 public pack from the ftb client. Dont want that user need to change their mods.
It's the report i have posted here earlier.

TickCount is on 300 right now, but i will try to increase it again.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
We use your 0.0.8.1 public pack from the ftb client. Dont want that user need to change their mods.
It's the report i have posted here earlier.
Ah yeah, the ender tank crash was due to the chicken core library file I mentioned updating itself during testing between 0.0.8 and 0.0.8.1, so EnderStorage was calling on library functions that pointed to the new fluid API when an Ender Tank was out.

TickCount is on 300 right now, but i will try to increase it again.
I mention this cause preliminary research has me noticing this MIGHT be due to some mods trying to chunkload more than Forge Chunkloading is allowing them to, and each mod can have a maximum overall number of chunks.

nfmous

Jul 29, 2019
annnnd the crashes begin,

Code:
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Loading NBT data
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:631) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) ~[bsx.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]
Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 106
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_152448_b(SourceFile:322) ~[dh.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_152446_a(SourceFile:38) ~[dh.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagList.func_152446_a(NBTTagList.java:52) ~[dq.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_152449_a(SourceFile:329) ~[dh.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_152446_a(SourceFile:41) ~[dh.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_152455_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:168) ~[du.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_152456_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:125) ~[du.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74794_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:120) ~[du.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadChunk__Async(AnvilChunkLoader.java:121) ~[aqk.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage1(ChunkIOProvider.java:20) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage1(ChunkIOProvider.java:12) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:343) ~[AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302) ~[AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12) ~[ChunkIOExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126) ~[ms.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101) ~[ms.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199) ~[ms.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419) ~[ahb.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_147456_g(WorldServer.java:313) ~[mt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:183) ~[mt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
    ... 4 more

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
This is pointing to a block in your world getting corrupted NBT data. What you can try doing is loading the world in MCEdit, select the chunks with your stuff, and then pruning to regen everything else to see if its outside your base.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019

Code:
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Loading NBT data
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:631) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) ~[bsx.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]
Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 106
    at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_152448_b(SourceFile:322) ~[dh.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_152446_a(SourceFile:38) ~[dh.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagList.func_152446_a(NBTTagList.java:52) ~[dq.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_152455_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:168) ~[du.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_152456_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:125) ~[du.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74794_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:120) ~[du.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadChunk__Async(AnvilChunkLoader.java:121) ~[aqk.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage1(ChunkIOProvider.java:20) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage1(ChunkIOProvider.java:12) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.skipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:343) ~[AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.util.AsynchronousExecutor.getSkipQueue(AsynchronousExecutor.java:302) ~[AsynchronousExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.syncChunkLoad(ChunkIOExecutor.java:12) ~[ChunkIOExecutor.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:126) ~[ms.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101) ~[ms.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199) ~[ms.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419) ~[ahb.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_147456_g(WorldServer.java:313) ~[mt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:183) ~[mt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:625) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
    ... 4 more

It has begun...

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, if I have to have one complaint about this pack, it's that a lot of quests are eating up my diamonds. Like, I keep meaning to make some jeweled apples so I can start upgrading my health, but I never have enough diamonds to do it because I spend them all on quests and stuff.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan While I'm sure you've already considered the possibility, is it possible to just disable the ender tanks (or the crafting recipe for them) from Ender Storage if it doesn't update to the new fluid API in time? That way, people will still have access to the ender chests and pouches, and the tanks (other than preexisting ones) won't be an issue. This said, I've no idea what the actual issue is with the fluid API, so if it borks the mod across the board regardless of the tanks, I apologize.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan While I'm sure you've already considered the possibility, is it possible to just disable the ender tanks (or the crafting recipe for them) from Ender Storage if it doesn't update to the new fluid API in time? That way, people will still have access to the ender chests and pouches, and the tanks (other than preexisting ones) won't be an issue. This said, I've no idea what the actual issue is with the fluid API, so if it borks the mod across the board regardless of the tanks, I apologize.
Oh, no, it's already updated to the new fluid api on my end. The only mod so far that hasn't is growth craft.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, no, it's already updated to the new fluid api on my end. The only mod so far that hasn't is growth craft.

Ahh, cool. Honestly, (unless Growthcraft is the core for something else, I suppose, but that seems unlikely) losing growthcraft won't be a super-huge loss. The biggest thing (for me, anyway) is that if it gets added back in, I'll have to go back out for hops and grapes again, but that's not a terribly big deal.

Also, just wondering, but did you turn up the drop rates for red hearts and necrotic bones from Tinker's Construct? Maybe I've just been super lucky there, but it feels like I've been getting them a lot, even before my 50% beheading, looting III cleaver of slowly growing doom.

I'd also like to take this moment to say that the best way to level a hammer is to get a cacodemon morph (lava immunity and you're big enough to not have to sweep left and right), go to the top of the nether with the hammer (preferably with a wooden head for faster leveling and cheaper repairs) and just go to town busting through netherrack. Have a spectral key on hand to have a storage area, and you can go on so long as you've got wood, food, and storage. A netherrack head may be slightly better, I suppose, but it also takes a bit longer to level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

HeroGabe

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be doing an RP form of this. Also, apparently they call all of their employees "Bandit". I am not sure why.

I had went to a place... and I am not sure what happened, but the next thing I knew, I was in a world... in a forest. I must have been lucky, since I heard that some of the others appeared in worlds with just dust and a ship... or were teleported into a very difficult situation... trying to collect what they seem to call "Space-Time Wools". Even others might have teleported into the same world, and have gone insane. Well, I am now in a hole... a 3x3x3 hole, since it is the smallest size that I can fit in.
-"Bandit" (FKA HeroGabe)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just wondering, but did you turn up the drop rates for red hearts and necrotic bones from Tinker's Construct?
Nope, I usually don't touch drop rates for most things.

Also, apparently they call all of their employees "Bandit". I am not sure why.
Bandit is a very common name for a pet ferret. In fact, all the names I use in the HQM, aside from my own, are normal pet ferret names. =)

nfmous

Jul 29, 2019
Ferrets are the best pets.

Anyhow,
Crash when trying to load after I copied house and moved it.
"Can't assign light value to woodenshelf biblio craft" :(
Guess I gota just copy my chests