[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
So I just updated to 0.8.1, went to load up my world, and promptly crashed. According to the crash report the problem had to do with ender tanks, anyone else run into a similar issue?
I had to disable Ender Tanks for now. Actually, I had to disable Ender Storage entirely, run the server, save and stop it, re-enable Ender Storage, then not place any more tanks, as they instantly stopped the server. I don't know why, but it runs fine with Ender Chests and Pouches, and we weren't using the tanks for much, so I'm willing to just not use them and find some other way (like tesseracts) to get lava from the nether.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I had to disable Ender Tanks for now.
I get the feeling one of the updated mods is partially using the new fluid API, and older EnderStorage isn't liking it. Just another reason we'll be going to newer forge in the next version, and hope that stuff like GrowthCraft updates in time.

Reactions: Pudding01

Yello Pikmin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a crash (well, Minecraft just closes completely with no report) when a Jengu from Lycanite's Mobs shoots its water projectile. Turned them off in the configs, hopefully that will help.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like forcing the potion/effect ID's for lycanites solved the wrong effect happening, but instead it causes crashes. Thats very highly annoying =T

To fix most of these lycanites issues, go to /config/lycanitesmobs/lycanitesmobs-general.cfg, and change all numbers in "potion effects" to 0. It will look like :

Code:
"potion effects" {
    # Set to false to disable the custom potion effects.
    B:"Enable Custom Effects"=true
    I:"fallresist Effect Override ID"=0
    I:"fear Effect Override ID"=0
    I:"leech Effect Override ID"=0
    I:"paralysis Effect Override ID"=0
    I:"penetration Effect Override ID"=0
    I:"rage Effect Override ID"=0
    I:"recklessness Effect Override ID"=0
    I:"swiftswimming Effect Override ID"=0
    I:"weight Effect Override ID"=0
}

PoezeWoefke

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having Tps issues in single player worlds after the update.

I have a monster of a pc, but tps is 1 and fps = 0 for some reason and i can't find out what the cause of it is.
Just to claridy, i normal have 150 fps, even with the giant base that i have build so far.

Anyone have an idea?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having Tps issues in single player worlds after the update.

I have a monster of a pc, but tps is 1 and fps = 0 for some reason and i can't find out what the cause of it is.
Just to claridy, i normal have 150 fps, even with the giant base that i have build so far.

Anyone have an idea?
Scanned with Opis yet?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE ISSUES
Given the issues with the update, and the complications of the new fluid API and certain mods, I'm going to suggest folks stay on 0.0.8 basic, and hand update Magic Bees to fix the main 'U' key crash issue.

I'm going to work on stabilizing the pack for a 0.1.0 update some time late next week, early the week afterward. I need time to test things very thoroughly, and I have some ideas on how that can be helped by anyone willing. My current test group is locked into both finals time, and a lot of them are moving around the country as classes end/life throws them lemons.

I will probably put out a TEST version of 0.1.0 next week via download, via probably Dropbox or Mediafire or something. I'll work out how that will go later on.

We will be moving to the new fluid API, and most ikely we will lose some mods to start with, primarily GrowthCraft, as the author takes time to update their mod, though they've stated they are already working on the fix.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft NEI Integration : Displays recipes and thaumcraft information in NEI when you unlock them

While I love that this is included, it lacks comp with the thaumic energistics arcane crafting terminal (missing the [?]-function more specifically). Is there any possibility that you could maybe give the authors of those mods a hint that it would be even more awesome if that function was included? I will do it myself, but I'm guessing your name adds more weight to the request :).

PoezeWoefke

Jul 29, 2019
Scanned with Opis yet?

I scanned it. Deleted the 800 chickens that were in my world ( no clue where they actual where hiding ) and removed the electrical pumps from mekanism, had 6 of them in the overworld.
Cannot read opis good enough to be of assistance here, but still TPS stayed at 1 in the overworld. Also downgrading to 0.0.8 did not fix the TPS.

I uploaded my world if people like troubleshooting :p ( keep in mind it's 1gig big though )
Dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fbyadruy8es28r/Livestream - Try 01.7z?dl=0

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Given the issues with the update, and the complications of the new fluid API and certain mods, I'm going to suggest folks stay on 0.0.8 basic, and hand update Magic Bees to fix the main 'U' key crash issue.
Too late. Oh well, the only issue I had was with the Ender Tanks, and the U key works perfectly now, soooo...I'm sticking with the bugfix patch until the next update, probably.
I'm going to work on stabilizing the pack for a 0.1.0 update some time late next week, early the week afterward. I need time to test things very thoroughly, and I have some ideas on how that can be helped by anyone willing. My current test group is locked into both finals time, and a lot of them are moving around the country as classes end/life throws them lemons.

I will probably put out a TEST version of 0.1.0 next week via download, via probably Dropbox or Mediafire or something. I'll work out how that will go later on.
I may have some time to help test next week, as I'm unlikely to be around to access my server and may even be stuck on single-player (surprise business trips ft...w!). It'll depend on whether the testing you want requires a developed world, though I guess I could creative-make a bunch of stuff.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Too late. Oh well, the only issue I had was with the Ender Tanks, and the U key works perfectly now, soooo...I'm sticking with the bugfix patch until the next update, probably.

I may have some time to help test next week, as I'm unlikely to be around to access my server and may even be stuck on single-player (surprise business trips ft...w!). It'll depend on whether the testing you want requires a developed world, though I guess I could creative-make a bunch of stuff.

I need to spend time and build a test world's with every machine /mod at some point, but until after the move I won't have that much time.

Basically developed worlds, creative worlds, etc will would work. People tend to do a lot more things than I can account for.

PoezeWoefke

Jul 29, 2019
I can send a world to you once in a while to do testing on. Or test a particular mod/machine setup ( besides the setups that i do randomly ) or even try out an update before it goes live. I play/stream for like 100 hours a week and i like this modpack alot. More then happy to help the develepment of this modpack

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan Not sure if you've handled it yet, but the Random Things spectral key is super useful, especially when you're on the move and need to store/process stuff. I recommend a quest for it, at some point. (If you've handled it, then my bad, I'm kind of stuck behind the nether star in the Bits o This n That chapter)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan Not sure if you've handled it yet, but the Random Things spectral key is super useful, especially when you're on the move and need to store/process stuff. I recommend a quest for it, at some point. (If you've handled it, then my bad, I'm kind of stuck behind the nether star in the Bits o This n That chapter)

Random Things will be covered in the Pot Pourri section with Open Blocks =)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Random Things will be covered in the Pot Pourri section with Open Blocks =)

Ahh, okay. I wasn't quite sure where it was put, and I definitely plan to use the heck out of that spectre room thing, so I figured I'd point it out.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Using it ands compact machines is great and helps lower lag.
I wish compact machines could output more than 10kRF per tick through one of the connectors, but tesseracts work as a good option around that :) LOL

I've built most of my stuff in my main area though since its cool to see it all LOL (although I may be going overboard with my turbines....)

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had any problem with the bug fix yet. I'll do the potion effect fix and just keep going then. (Not really planning to use any Ender Tanks anytime soon)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan Can confirm (unless I've just got THE most coincidental RNG ever) that Tinker's Construct beheading affects Headcrumbs head drops. I'm thinking it may just be that the Ender doesn't have a terribly big increase in chance. With my 40% Beheading cleaver, I'm getting quite a few heads already.

EDIT: Well, the Lycanite's Mobs heads added through Headcrumbs are dropping more often. The actual player heads, though, seem to not be affected. Weird.

EDIT EDIT: OH DEAR LORD AN ENDERMAN HAD TWO DIFFERENT HEADS! (xD)

Last edited: