[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
You can get Ghostwoods out of Witchery, or so one of my friends/players informs me.

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this was mentioned or not but the large precious material crate quest will not accept project red saphire, ruby or periodot. so far this pack is amazing, adds a quest line to an open orld which is a great refresher to normal packs. although i hate having to kill your evil doppleganger caigan.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this was mentioned or not but the large precious material crate quest will not accept project red saphire, ruby or periodot.
I mentioned it. I think Caigan said he'd update the OreDict definitions with the next version, or sooner if he does a sub-version. Has anyone tried to find a way to convert that stuff to BoP blocks? I think Mekanism has something.

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
first thought was chisel but alas no :( not to far into the game well into my tech line to know yet

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
A little sneak at one of the things I'm working on during breaks in my busy day :

LeYfgbX.png
Hype!

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
I mentioned it. I think Caigan said he'd update the OreDict definitions with the next version, or sooner if he does a sub-version. Has anyone tried to find a way to convert that stuff to BoP blocks? I think Mekanism has something.
if you mean the sapphire, ect. blocks then use the unifier to change them. you may have to indicate that you want the BoP blocks

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so far I've fixed
  • Ruby, Sapphire, Peridot blocks being ore dictionaried (and thus, crate-able)
  • EnderIO Powered Dark Steel quest is changed slightly : You don't have to craft the Powered versions, as detecting them in HQM is difficult, but the quest explains what each thing does.
  • Added recipe for Ghostwood Sapplings. Will add more special sapling recipes another update.
  • Fixed Lycanites Mobs food/creatures from giving the wrong effects.
  • Fixed EnderIO Capacitor Bank quest to look for the appropriate capacitor banks.
Still working on a few other things and waiting to see if Magic Bees updates. I'm aiming for submitting the fix update on Monday. if there are other bugged quests, let me know please.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so far I've fixed
  • Ruby, Sapphire, Peridot blocks being ore dictionaried (and thus, crate-able)
  • EnderIO Powered Dark Steel quest is changed slightly : You don't have to craft the Powered versions, as detecting them in HQM is difficult, but the quest explains what each thing does.
  • Added recipe for Ghostwood Sapplings. Will add more special sapling recipes another update.
  • Fixed Lycanites Mobs food/creatures from giving the wrong effects.
  • Fixed EnderIO Capacitor Bank quest to look for the appropriate capacitor banks.
Still working on a few other things and waiting to see if Magic Bees updates. I'm aiming for submitting the fix update on Monday. if there are other bugged quests, let me know please.
Magic Bees did fix that bug already. The release version of 2.3.0 fixed it...

Reactions: Caigan

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Magic Bees did fix that bug already. The release version of 2.3.0 fixed it...
It did? I could swear that's the version I actually have in 0.0.8...

OH, I see, the file names from the curseforge page were exactly the same, so I was under the impression that the version in 0.0.8 was the release version. Checking, the file sizes are NOT the same.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's just on my part, but while trying to mine redstone, I did the shift-mine, trying to mine it all in one go, but it wouldn't vein mine.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's just on my part, but while trying to mine redstone, I did the shift-mine, trying to mine it all in one go, but it wouldn't vein mine.

Veinminer doesn't seem to recognize dense ores as the same thing as their regular versions and they can "cut" ore veins, that may be what's going on.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone ore isn't veinminer-friendly, no. It almost never works, and when it does, I get two at most out of the vein.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone Ore is an odd block. When you start to mine it, it changes MetaID and starts to glow. This is usually when you finish breaking it, and its not, in the configs, connected to the non-activated Redstone Ore.

Both this and Dense Ores are something I need to poke the configs and 'connect' them together at some point.

Reactions: Pudding01

YakuzaTheKid

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get to play this pack it's like impossible, is it that hard on your computer? I played most HQM launched and not even blast off had problems running, when i try to play this one i get nearly 2 FPS i don't know why

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get to play this pack it's like impossible, is it that hard on your computer? I played most HQM launched and not even blast off had problems running, when i try to play this one i get nearly 2 FPS i don't know why

This is a fairly large pack, larger than BlastOff if I remember correctly.
  • Make sure you are running the latest Java 8.
  • Don't allocate more than 4 gigs of memory to Minecraft: while some users have no problems with more, it causes a lot of issues for others.
  • Download MultiMC, and in the options point it to your FTB download directory. It will see all your FTB packs, and allow you to make a copy of them and run it through MultiMC, which tends to run modpacks better
  • Install Optifine and tweak the settings.
  • Disable Optifine and FastCraft, and try the COFH Tweaks, which I've found to work better than FastCraft, but it isn't compatible with either FastCraft or Optifine yet.
  • Disable JourneyMap. You'll lose a minimap, but you can use Antique Atlas for a nice in-game map.
  • Disable OPIS.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that the Skylus drops downy feathers. I find this a little odd since I've only seen them swimming in the water.

Vidinston

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack isn't loading. I've done a force update, deleted all files and re downloaded the files twice... Help! It worked in 0.0.7

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that the Skylus drops downy feathers. I find this a little odd since I've only seen them swimming in the water.
Whoops, they should be dropping tentacles, not feathers.

The modpack isn't loading. I've done a force update, deleted all files and re downloaded the files twice... Help! It worked in 0.0.7
Be sure to also change download location when you try forcing an update. You might have connection issues to a specific server.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan while I'm thinking about it, are Silex supposed to rarely drop sulfur? I know they drop lapis and their meat, and occasionally some crafting clay, but the sulfur seems a bit strange. Maybe they're supposed to be dropping shimmering scales?