[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Umbrakinetic

Jul 29, 2019
I just got a new laptop, and because My old one couldn't play this well, I tried it again. I was not disappointed! I love all the lore, the story progresses really nicely, and the quests... SO MANY QUESTS...

Reactions: Pudding01

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan i gotta ask if your lowering the mutation and spreading of the magic seeds maybe it would be better to be allowed to buy the seeds by themselves since buying lots might be easier than depending on mutation and spreading of seeds.

Awerick11

Jul 29, 2019
Why do we need to make floral fertilizer in the botania quest- is it so we have to go out at night?
Also- I'm thinking about making a base in a rougelike dungeon. Will lycanites mobs spawn in there?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan i gotta ask if your lowering the mutation and spreading of the magic seeds maybe it would be better to be allowed to buy the seeds by themselves since buying lots might be easier than depending on mutation and spreading of seeds.
Its one of the things I'm considering.

Since 0.0.8 NEI crashes when looking up recipes.
Very weird, NEI wasn't touched at all...

Initial Research, Got More Ore quest is buggy for me, not accepting ANY of the four inputs.
Which quest is this? I'm not sure which one you are referring to.

Why do we need to make floral fertilizer in the botania quest- is it so we have to go out at night?
Because its one of the initial starting points of the mod, and I'm showing you how to make more Magical Flowers without having to explore to the ends of the world. =)

Will lycanites mobs spawn in there?
Nothing stopping them. Its like a normal cave, except better lit and more organized.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
0.0.8 : The Factory Line Update is out!
Condensed Changelog
  • Finished Questline : The Factory Line
    • 27 MineFactory Reloaded quests added
  • 13 New Blind Bags added
  • Trader Rank reputation track increased
  • Some small changes to the Store and Supply Contracts : You can see what the next Tier for exchange rate is, Ancient Staff payout lowered, and more
  • Magical Crops grown in AgriCraft now match how they are grown via Vanilla Farming
    • Seeds grow slower
    • Seeds have only a 1% chance of spreading to an adjacent Cross Crop.
    • Next version, seeds will be less random in obtaining.
  • Biomes O Plenty and Natura quests pruned down, they will no longer require you to find EVERYTHING.
  • New tasks added to Botania covering the new items and flowers
  • Tinkers Construct Tool Changes
    • You can now repair your tool in any crafting grid
    • Gravel can be converted directly into flint
    • Tool parts used to cast metal molds will now burn away.
    • And more
  • Lots of mods updated, more performance tweaks!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if NEI crashes when you use the U(se) key, it will crash once or twice more, but then not crash again.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
The one where you need tin and copper ores as well as ingots. Somehow it doesn't accept either the ores NOR the ingots. For me it looks like an oredictionary hiccup.

What mod is the ore from and i don't think the gravel ore from tinkers works for it so make sure its not that.

Love the new update Caigan i don't gotta bring a tool station and that along now to fix my pick when deep cave mining.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Any mod removals that will drastacially increase my fps?
You could disable Journeymap and use the newly included Antique Atlas, which isn't a minimap mod, but it works nicely. Could also disable Opis.

Make sure, as well, you are running latest Java, not allocating more than 4 gigs to FTB, and I also suggest using MultiMC and bringing the modpack over to it from FTB.

Awerick11

Jul 29, 2019
Latest Java 7 or 8? I need journeymap, what does opis do? I get a steady 10-20 fps and just started btw.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Latest Java 8. Opis is a tool that helps show what could be lagging your game, but if yo aure just starting out, it won't be as helpful.