[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
add like Extra TiC and metarllugy
Extra TiC I'll consider for the next version, as I'm in the final testing stages of 0.0.6. Metallurgy adds a bit too much for my liking with the current state of the pack.

I think it level up 2 or 3 times, but it dont got any modifires
0.0.6 will be changing the levels you get random/extra modifiers a bit. It will also slightly decrease the xp needed for each level as well.
Bonuses (extra modifiers / random modifiers) will alternate every few levels. Starting with Random, the lower levels will look like : 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, etc.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. . . I went back in to regrowth (it has been awhile) I harvested everything I had but no essence. . . but, I do have essence in my chests. The modpack does not gen it in rocks as far as I know so I had to get them from the plants. This time I didn't get any. Not sure what is up. Sorry. Wish I could help more. . . I will keep thinking about it and go back in to regrowth and see if I can remember how I got essence.

Ok. . . went back in. . . Apparently it has been a while and I forgot something pretty important. . . ESSENCE SEEDS were what gave us the dust. I guess in this pack just have to figure out how to get us essence seeds.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
0.0.6 will be changing the levels you get random/extra modifiers a bit. It will also slightly decrease the xp needed for each level as well.
Bonuses (extra modifiers / random modifiers) will alternate every few levels. Starting with Random, the lower levels will look like : 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, etc.

I think theres a cofig option that does this already but i could be wrong and Caigan your still gonna put essence seeds in the starting bags with earth,fire,water and wind seeds? Since there pretty much all basic seeds i think it would be a good way to go another route if people have trouble finding seeds in the tall grass.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
your still gonna put essence seeds in the starting bags with earth,fire,water and wind seeds?
Yep, already added on my end.

---------------

Just about done testing. All I need to do is test the updated server version, clean up files, package and upload it.

Here's a little sample of my testing notes, cause I'm waiting for MInecraft to load up for the 20th time while switching in and out of HQM Edit mode.

Code:
JABBA
    Better Space Anomolies
        Why are there 30 basic bags as a reward?!

PROGRESSIVE AUTOMATION
    Ignoring NBT on the wrench doesn't work? Gotta go Fuzzy I guess.

General Store
    Bag It Up!
        Kind of hard to bag coins if the quest can't be repeated...

Hardware Store
    Lead Ore Shipment
        Apparently I forgot to change it from the Large Shipment.
    Ruby Ore Shipment
        I got halfway through writing this quest then stopped...for some odd reason

Armarment Shop
    Green and Healthy
        Not repeatable.

Production Contracts
    Decent JOb Deco
        Not craftable, oops?
        On that note, forgot to even add the quests for it!
    Cheap Thematic Deco
        Why is it asking for FURNITURE?

Check those Cooldowns...something is odd....

Jexsam

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan not sure if someone has told you already or if you've already found it but in my server with a friend I was using a Diamond Miner from Progressive Automation and it would not register that it had upgrades. Not quite sure if I was doing something wrong or not. It would take a wither upgrade when I was messing with it in creative but whenever I put in a diamond upgrade the range would not go up. From what I could tell it was just that machine and none of the others. I know the Chopper would take them and the Planter.
Gonna test all of the machines again in creative as it has been a little while but not long enough for there to be an update since I had the problem. I'll edit with information from that.

EDIT: I was wrong XD Only the Planter is accepting the diamond upgrades currently for me.
Tested with the other tiers as well. All of them take their respected upgrades. The only problem seems to be with the Diamond Chopper and Miner.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan not sure if someone has told you already or if you've already found it but in my server with a friend I was using a Diamond Miner from Progressive Automation and it would not register that it had upgrades.
Yep, PA is updated in 0.0.6 and it fixes that issue =)

wakafanykai123

Jul 29, 2019
Just about done testing. All I need to do is test the updated server version, clean up files, package and upload it.

Can't wait! Playing the pack and I really love some of the mods you have in here.

Also, are the icons generated from the texturepack you use? They look very squished to me. The blind bag's icons are basically a bunch of icons from the particular mod the blind bag is from.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
And the new update has been submitted to the FTB Third Party Team. It will most likely take a few days before it is up on the launcher, but you can always check out the Changelog to see all what this update has in store! 28 new quests, 6 new mods (most of them being small cross-mod improvements), a lot of new production contracts, some new shop items, and more!

Also, are the icons generated from the texturepack you use?
No, they are layered icons (like how Tinker Construct tools are made). Each mod icon is one I've edited in photoshop to fit on the bag.

The Blind Bags right now are, honestly, placeholders that get the job done, I haven't sat down and whipped up h a better set of graphics for them yet.

wakafanykai123

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, as soon as I rebooted my game the icons went to how they are supposed to look! I guess I was experiencing a bug before.

The actual icons look great. Thanks for the squid change, I had a giant explosion of them near my swamp.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Heya guys, well I have decided to keep going with my RP-LP on The Ferret Business and here is the continuation from the pilot episode..

Still struggling a little bit coming to terms with the new progressions but I think I'll get there

Reactions: Zarvoxbe

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Still struggling a little bit coming to terms with the new progressions but I think I'll get there
Excellent work so far =) You are rolling well with the odd progression system Iguana Tweaks adds, but thankfully (or unfortunately) with 0.0.6 it turns back to normal vanilla progression.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Oh darn, well I was going to upgrade he pickaxe to bone to the next level anyway. Might also look at some moss balls, this pick axe and I will have a long life together :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that was a fast turnaround! 0.0.6 should now (or shortly, depending on download location) be available on the launcher! I'll write up a proper summarized changelog and update the main post shortly, I wasn't expecting it to be up within a few hours!

diii

Jul 29, 2019
come on caigan, where's dat changlelog man, i need to know new stuff.

soooooooooo most of my quests been reset , all reputation back to 0, was that intended?
not pleased.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
soooooooooo most of my quests been reset , all reputation back to 0, was that intended?
not pleased.
Unfortunately, this is a side effect that happens sometimes when quests are updated. Its not really something I can control without having to make a new quest every time a mod adds an item or two, and with HQM's hard limit of quests (that don't get released if you delete quests), theres not much that can be done.

You can use the /hqm edit playername to bring yourself back up to where you were in the quests with the Edit Book.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
0.0.6 UPDATE : The Search for the 0.0.4 Update!
Summarized Changelog :
  • 28 New Quests - Progressive Automation, JABBA, and Compact Machines
  • 10+ Updated Quests and lots of quest fixes
  • 13 new Blind Bags
    • Bags have been renamed to be clearer at what you are choosing as a reward.
  • New Mods
    • Forbidden Magic - Adds cross-mod functions for Botania, Blood Magic, and Thaumcraft
    • Extra Cells - Enables larger storage cells and fluid storage in AE2
    • Thaumic Energistics - Enables new storage cells that can store Thaumcraft Essentia in AE2
    • Travelers Gear - Adds a nice equipment interface
    • WAILA Plugins - Adds more information for various mod blocks to the WAILA popup
  • Blind Bag Blind Bag rewards have been slightly reworked : You have a slightly lower chance of getting a non-bag reward, and the non-bag rewards have been improved a bit
  • You can now bag coins, and can turn in larger amounts of coins for vouchers at once.
  • Magical Crop Seed Bags are now cheaper
  • You can now purchase individual Ores in the Hardware Shop
  • Green Hearts have been added to the Armament Shop, and can be crafted into Green Heart Canisters.
  • 25+ Production Contracts have been added
    • RF Energy contracts : Fill Flux Capacitors for coins and reputation
    • Product Contracts : Craft and crate various goods in multiple categories for profit.
      • Right now, DecoCraft and BiblioCraft are set up for contracts. More will be added with every update
  • Squids have been disabled due to a Vanilla bug, you can still craft Squid Ink though
  • Researchology monster drop rate has been more than doubled, and are clearer what they are for.
  • Gold Ore Generation has been increased.
  • Bibliocraft and Bibliowoods items are filtered in NEI now, so only one of each furniture type for each mod will show up
  • LOTS of bug fixes, lag improvements, fixed recipes, and more!

KNOWN ISSUES
As usual with a big quest update, you may lose your current Quest progress. You can get back quest progress by using the HQM Edit Command.
/hqm edit playername
You will be given an enchanted HQM book with your name on it, it iwll have instructions in it on how to auto-complete quests.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan curious in the next update maybe a shop place to exchange a certain # of lower tier bags for higher tier bags? like 15-20 basic bags for 1 good bag than again for an epic bag? Would make all the bags i get from my grinder worth it instead of wasting them for useless stuff xD.