[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question - how do we get essences (essence dust, weak essence, etc.) from Magical Crops?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question - how do we get essences (essence dust, weak essence, etc.) from Magical Crops?
Its supposed to be a rare drop from any magical crop, but it appears you can only get them if you don't grow the crops in an MFR or Agricraft system.

I'll enable Essence Seed drops from tall grass, as I was previously under the impression that Weak Essence would drop from any crop, regardless of method.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Its supposed to be a rare drop from any magical crop, but it appears you can only get them if you don't grow the crops in an MFR or Agricraft system.

I'll enable Essence Seed drops from tall grass, as I was previously under the impression that Weak Essence would drop from any crop, regardless of method.

Hmmm. . . Ok. . . so presently no way I guess.

I know a different pack I was able to grow Magic crops with agricraft and essences did drop. Unless magic crops changed that in one of the later updates.

Thanks for the reply.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I know a different pack I was able to grow Magic crops with agricraft and essences did drop. Unless magic crops changed that in one of the later updates.
Hm, I tested it growing 3 full stacks of magical crops, no nature OR weak essence drops, so its either slightly broken in my pack, they added a custom drop thing to it (not sure how to do that), or I was just super unlucky.

I'll update what I can and do some more quick testing. I probably won't be able to submit the update until late tonight/tomorrow morning anyways, today is shaping up to be extremely busy and annoying Real Life wise.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
bremmon tell Caigan what pack allowed you to use agricraft and allowed essence drops so he can maybe message the developer of that pack to see if he made any changes to allow it to work? Would probably save Caigan a few hours of testing random stuff if he had a lead on where to look for it and Caigan you could just make a small side bag maybe worth 10-20$ in the shop for a essence seed? probably be more useful than spending 30-40 minutes looking for it in the grass.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So, since the update is going to be submitted later than I like, I'll give everyone another little sneak peak into the update :

qlT6pSa.png
There are two more Initial Research main researches that lead to new pages! These two pages are only half done, mind you.

Also, there is now a repeatable quest for an instruction booklet, including a rundown of major changes to the modpack, and a summarized changelog for each update. This book will be updated for every release!

(You also get a nice sneak peak at how I lay out quest unlocking)

tf9XTEj.png
The General Store has been updated slightly. You can re-bag coins, and you will need to for the larger Voucher trade-ins (these are 10+ equivalent, instead of the 5x equivalent of the current version).

yJGYgLY.png
The Hardware Store now has a Shipment for each Ore instead of random boxes. Each Shipment has a 10% chance of giving you extra ore!

6eG4o5k.png
The Armament shop is still somewhat bare, but the first item has been added : The Tinker Construct Green Heart! A recipe has also been added to turn it into Green Heart Canisters.

bY2YsQb.png
The initial Production Contracts have been added. Mostly right now, only DecoCraft is used in these crates, but I'll hopefully get Bibliocraft added as well before I submit it.

Each contract is for a set number of crates (1 or 25). You get coins and Trader Rank in return, and each one has a cooldown period to encourage you to make a larger factory to keep the coins rolling in.

E7KkIAg.png
Three new questlines for a total of 28 new quests! Not to mention about 14 other quests have been updated with new items and new information!

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question do the basic bags still have sucky loot? i mainly go for the coins since i don't like the bags with the chance of basic being as bad as they are.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question do the basic bags still have sucky loot? i mainly go for the coins since i don't like the bags with the chance of basic being as bad as they are.
The non-bag loot for Basic Bags was redone slightly from 1 of an item, to an 'okay' amount of an item, depending on what it is. You might still get 3 apples for example, but you might instead get 6 Blackout Curtains, or 32 Purple Bricks, or 3 Progressive Automation Iron Upgrades.

Its why I have it set as a choice between coins or a Blind Bag Blind Bag. If your luck isn't that great, the coins may be a better choice. But I've had one of my testers draw 2 legendary bags from the basic bags in a row before.

On that note, I 'HAVE' slightly fussed with values on what the Blind Bag Blind Bag can give already for this patch(forgot to note it in my WIP changelog). It will lean a little less towards a non-bag item, more towards any sort of actual Blind Bag.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan i don't know if its another mod but is there any chance of getting the advance diamond drill being added into the pack? I find its a good way to get away from tinkers hammers and its somewhat hard to get but still mid game easy way to gather resources?

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
bremmon tell Caigan what pack allowed you to use agricraft and allowed essence drops so he can maybe message the developer of that pack to see if he made any changes to allow it to work? Would probably save Caigan a few hours of testing random stuff if he had a lead on where to look for it and Caigan you could just make a small side bag maybe worth 10-20$ in the shop for a essence seed? probably be more useful than spending 30-40 minutes looking for it in the grass.

That's what I thought. I can't tell why it is working there. It is the Regrowth Pack. I looked through the AGRICRAFT and MAGIC CROPS configs and couldn't see many differences. Not a difference that would account for harvesting Essence. It definitely was working though. I am still looking. If I find something I will let him know ASAP.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
advance diamond drill being added into the pack?
I believe that is an IC2 item added by GraviSuite, which is one of those mods I'm trying to shy away from (along with Modular Power Suits), as both of those, my previous players would use nothing else, ever, due to how 'good' they were. To boot, I'm more interested in extending RF options than IC2 options.

It is the Regrowth Pack.
Hmmm I'll update my copy of it and poke around the configs, see if I'm just missing some setting on them.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. . . I went back in to regrowth (it has been awhile) I harvested everything I had but no essence. . . but, I do have essence in my chests. The modpack does not gen it in rocks as far as I know so I had to get them from the plants. This time I didn't get any. Not sure what is up. Sorry. Wish I could help more. . . I will keep thinking about it and go back in to regrowth and see if I can remember how I got essence.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh guess i'll have to go back to my good old flux colbolt pickaxe and flux hammer for mining since ender pearls at the time are a pain to gather with all the other mobs around. On a side note found out you can use item conduits to pull a item from a activator, charge it and send it back which makes grinders not as useful now since sewers + weapon with looting 3 will give a better haul even better if looking for ender or wither heads.

Blub108

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a question.
I build some tinkers tools, but why I get no modifires?
The skill level rise, but I dont get extras, like haste or luck or something.
Is it right or a issue?

JankelSmaserTv

Jul 29, 2019
it is the iguana tinker tweaks
u need to use ur tools a lot
to get modifires on it
Hello, I have a question.
I build some tinkers tools, but why I get no modifires?
The skill level rise, but I dont get extras, like haste or luck or something.
Is it right or a issue?

Blub108

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I know, but I dont get a modifire. For example my pickaxe has the skill level accustomed. I think it level up 2 or 3 times, but it dont got any modifires :(

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
idk what u do go and talk to the caigan
I assume your trying to upgrade a stone pick to something that can do copper? I'm at that stage in my LP (episode out in a few hours) and I think I'll be going to upgrade my leveled pick with a bone head soon