[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I just want to know if I'm crazy or not. I've spent 3 hours now running around trying to complete "Flora of the World" from the exploration chain under BOP. I've found the first few flowers already. For the life of me, I cannot find the Pink Daffodil, Dandelion Puff, Goldenrod, or the BOP version of Bluebells. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm playing on a hosted server and I'm just curious if this is specific to this environment, or if maybe the spawn chances of these flowers is different. I can probably just set up an automated flower patch, but was trying to do it through exploration, in the spirit of the quest chain.

Yeah, there are a LOT of biomes, and flowers spawn depending on what biome is which. I recommend just going out on a massive loot run (get a spectral key first!) and just ransack villages and structures, as well as get one of every sapling and plant you come across (at least hold it once, if nothing else). From there, you can only hope that you get the right biomes in your travels (oh, and kill a firebat so you can use flying morphs, I recommend a wisp; the hitbox is a touch large, but the particle effects aren't super-obnoxious and you don't loose hearts like a standard bat morph does). Honestly, after hours of exploring, I just spawned in a few of the flowers I couldn't find. Also, make all the BoP flower wreaths, or get the flowers you'll need to make them all.

And @Caigan in the Strong Magical seed bags, regen seeds are listed under the magical soul seeds. Granted, this may well be intended considering that this way, the bags in this quest are all 5 seeds each.

Jul 29, 2019
I also find that just "bat" morph is pretty good for flying around. You are going to be up in the air so the reduced hearts isn't much of a threat.

Also there ate BOP/Natura boxes you can buy for cheap in the store. Might get lucky out of there, and if not you'll have a lot of nature to play around with.

pandax

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I've flown around for hours and no dice. I even went into a separate farm world and twilight forest, on the server, just in case. I've hunted down countless biomes over multiple very large areas. I am at a loss. Looks like I'm going to have to cheese it with an automated grass/flower system... Maybe I'm just the victim of the end god's whims.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there are a LOT of biomes, and flowers spawn depending on what biome is which. I recommend just going out on a massive loot run (get a spectral key first!) and just ransack villages and structures, as well as get one of every sapling and plant you come across (at least hold it once, if nothing else). From there, you can only hope that you get the right biomes in your travels (oh, and kill a firebat so you can use flying morphs, I recommend a wisp; the hitbox is a touch large, but the particle effects aren't super-obnoxious and you don't loose hearts like a standard bat morph does). Honestly, after hours of exploring, I just spawned in a few of the flowers I couldn't find. Also, make all the BoP flower wreaths, or get the flowers you'll need to make them all.
Blaze is nice if it's not raining, wisp is good for general use to fly, but I find the short profile when you're on the ground quite annoying. If you want to use a Blaze, though, turn particles to Minimal for at least the time you're using it.

I just got an Ender Dragon morph - might see if it flies, and use it to sca...I mean go exploring.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Each of these spawn normally in a handful of biomes. I'm still working out ways to still make this questline viable so it can encourage more exploration.

And @Caigan in the Strong Magical seed bags, regen seeds are listed under the magical soul seeds.
Yep, intended.

We got a new crash/errorlog:
Gendustry is updated a bunch of versions in 0.1.0 so hopefully that fixes whatever happened.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, did you say you were going to post a test pack here, or on your player.me site?
I'll make mention of it on my player.me and twitter, but the link will be posted here. I'm an hour or two away I hope from putting up the beta for folks.

Reactions: Pudding01

Zephyr_

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing for a good 20 minutes, then i killed a spider (not the first one i have killed) and my world became corrupt. I can join my world for about half a second but not fast enough for my world to render in. Crash-Log: http://pastebin.com/Dvh0FUks

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Ferret Business 0.1.0 BETA is now available to download!
This is a test of mods and some quest updates. DO NOT USE THIS ON ESTABLISHED SAVES. Make a copy of your save and backups!

PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TEST IT

How to install :
  1. Download MultiMC at http://multimc.org/ and install it.
  2. Download The Beta and unzip it into MultiMC/Instances/
    1. Make sure the folder looks like MultiMC/instances/The Ferret Business 0.1.0 BETA/ and this folder has instance.cfg in it. If it doesn't, you might need to move the inner folder out.
  3. Load MultiMC (or close and load it again)
  4. Launch
  5. Test!
If you load into vanilla MC, in MultiMC with the beta selected, hit Edit Instance, and hit Install Forge. Choose 1388 from the list.

THINGS TO NOTE
  • That MultiMC instance is set to use around 4 gigs of ram. If you have less, you'll need to Edit Instance and lower the ram. I do not suggest going higher than 4 gigs.
  • I'm looking mostly for mods working right, especially in established worlds. Copy the world save from your older TFB and try it.
  • Draconic Evolution recipes are not disabled yet. THEY WILL BE THOUGH.
  • I am not providing a server version of this, to save my max download limit. It isn't too hard to remove a few mods (status/armor hud, custom main menu, resource loader) and replace journeymap with journeyserver
  • Recurrent Complex isn't added just yet, waiting on word back about valid Cauldron versions.
  • A lot of quest fixes are in, but a lot of the new planned contracts are NOT yet.

Jul 29, 2019
I am making a new Youtube series for Minecraft and I am about 10 episodes into the game (I stockpile footage) and I see all this talk about 1.0. Oh to clarify I am using your pack as a base for a let's build series, but I am not focusing on the HQM as a showcase. Would you still want it submitted to your page? I know it probably won't be the best advertisement until I get machines and mods going and really work into your pack. I really won't be upset if you say no.

ALSO

Is 1.0 going to impact world gen or need a restart? Kinda would like to know before I continue :p

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Would you still want it submitted to your page?
Sure!

Is 1.0 going to impact world gen or need a restart?
0.1.0 may or may not have new worldgen stuff, but that just means you have to explore further out for them, and aren't required.

HQM progress may or may not be reset, as usual I'm not sure if my quest tinkering will trigger this or not. If it does, its fairly simple to recomplete quests and regain reputation with the /hqm edit command.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
Playing .0.0.8 and my mini-map has gone dark. No matter what I do it's dark. Anyone have any ideas? First time I've run into this, but I think I read about it on the FTB reddit, but I can't find it.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Playing .0.0.8 and my mini-map has gone dark. No matter what I do it's dark. Anyone have any ideas? First time I've run into this, but I think I read about it on the FTB reddit, but I can't find it.
Delete colorpallete.html and colorpallete.json from minecraft\journeymap, and hit J and go into options and disable cave mode as well. =)

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan, I found a bug, don't know what's going on exactly, but I went out exploring at night and was attacked by one of those water spirits from Lycanite's Mobs. As soon as the attack hit, the game crashed, and when I went to reload, the mob was still there, and immediately crashed my game again before I had time to do anything about it. Could be a bug in Lycanite's Mobs? But since it was in your pack, I thought I had better bring it to your attention.

Do you want the pastebin link? Or is this a thing I should send to the mod author?

Also, I love this pack! Can't wait to see more updates on it! I totally want to use it in a Let's Play when it's done!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan, I found a bug, don't know what's going on exactly, but I went out exploring at night and was attacked by one of those water spirits from Lycanite's Mobs. As soon as the attack hit, the game crashed, and when I went to reload, the mob was still there, and immediately crashed my game again before I had time to do anything about it. Could be a bug in Lycanite's Mobs? But since it was in your pack, I thought I had better bring it to your attention.

Do you want the pastebin link? Or is this a thing I should send to the mod author?

Also, I love this pack! Can't wait to see more updates on it! I totally want to use it in a Let's Play when it's done!

This has been addressed multiple times. I recommend a thread search or maybe look at the most recent update post by Caigan.