[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I added Glenn's Gases. I've not yet had anything blow up spectacularly on me yet - but the anticipation is tingling! I added it after initial world-gen and have never used it in any other world - so it's a complete unkown to me. It might require some tweaking - I don't know?

I have not seen this mod before but I am looking for something to add to the next update.

Various permissions have opened up so there may be a few surprises coming out soon :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Its a great poster. :D

I had to pull the forge server jars from a different pack and the libraries from the main ftb directory but that got it working.

Let me see if I can put something together for the next update. I really need to get a local server on my PC for testing anyways.

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
BUGS: Can you be more specific which quest is giving you the premature completion? I am guessing it is the copper tools. I find that recorded Video examples of the bugs or even screenshots are the best.

I'll see if I can figure out what it was when I get back to playing tonight. It was one of the copper tool quests - I just don't remember which one. Edit-although now that I wrote that I do remember that it was exactly the first quest to give a bonus-life-heart as a reward.

On a totally different thought: the blood on the ground after being injured - is that from Zombie Awareness?

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
TerraFirma Punk thoughts:

Downloaded TerraFirma Punk late last week and have played a few days - long enough to have worn through a few copper tools but not long enough to have a copper anvil. Here are my thoughts:

First, wow. Thanks for your efforts OneWolfe - as is TF Punk is playable and very enjoyable.

Where do I start? Following is a list of thoughts in no order of importance - writing this on a phone on a bus, for what it's worth.

HQM - this is what prompted me to play TF Punk in the first place. Had fun with Crash Landing and have since thought that TFC could use the HQM. Still some bugs to work out - for example HQM gave me credit for completing some of the tools after crafting the clay mold, but before crafting the tool from the mold. <- I appologise for the horrid "bug report". I just wasn't concerned with it at the time.

Zombie Awareness / Infernal Mobs: I'm torn on this one. First part of me really loves the additional challenge. I've had "super-jump" Steam Powered Zombies "fly" over my fence to chase me down. I've had infernal I-have-no-idea-what-it-was-because-I-was-to-busy-fleeing-in-terror shoot fireballs at me. I came back after yet another night spent out on a boat to find my first shelter burned to the ground from that one. And these are actually the things that make me want to keep these mods! But the hording is too much. It's like Crash Landing - you really just can't go out at night. TFC's spawn protection is irrelevant, they just track in from afar and call reinforcements. If I don't get a special mob that jumps my fence or shoots death rays out of his eyeballs at me (to chase me back out to the boat for the evening) in the morning there are upwards of 40+ zombies crowded outside my fence. I realize I can play with the configs to modify this - or just disable them - I'm not asking you to change anything just wanted to give you one more player's perspective.

I'm my ideal TFC night the following parameters apply: 1. boats are disabled, to cheaty to just hop on a boat and be safe from all. 2. Beds don't pass the night - zombies happen - deal with it. 3. There are few enough mobs that one can conceivably play run - away all night long. 4. With TFCs spawn protection and a good fence you'll probably only see a zombie or two at night - perhaps a skeleton shoots at you - or a spider (in vanilla TFC spiders are the most dangerous of all in my opinion). I barely see spiders at all in my world as currently configured.

Ruins: very cool. I like the addition. But I think they're to frequent - I modified the configs to make them quite rare in my world. (1024 blocks min between ruins). Sounds like a lot but keep in mind even with that I've still found a second ruin before finding anything but schist!

I added Jabba. I know, kind of against the whole tfc inventory stacks and weights and such - but the game is a game, and managing a ton of dirts/stone/whatever just because things don't stack just isn't fun for me. I'd rather be fleeing from fireball shooting, flying, regenerating, steam powered zombies. I minetweaked the jabba recipies to craft with a tfc plank (instead of a slab) with a tfc chest and tfc logs. I minetweaked the upgrade to be a shapeless tfc vat, tfc barrel, and jabba barrel (instead of 2x piston and jabba barrel). I set the upgrades to use plank, copper ingot, bronze sheet, and blue steel sheet in order (for only 4 upgrades). I also set the minecraft:fence in the jabba config to be any tfc chest.

Mapwriter doesn't keep my waypoints from session to session. It even starts over new - only showing on the map the area right nearby - from session to session. I've not gotten into Atlas Map yet. I hope that nerfing map writer is intentional so that Atlas Map use is relevant.

I added Glenn's Gases. I've not yet had anything blow up spectacularly on me yet - but the anticipation is tingling! I added it after initial world-gen and have never used it in any other world - so it's a complete unkown to me. It might require some tweaking - I don't know?

Yeah - of course there should be a chance that necromancy minions will turn on you! <- just my two cents.

Appologies for the unstuctured run-on. I'll keep playing TFPunk and perhaps post more thoughts after a few more tiers of play.

Thanks again to the TerraFirma Punk crew - job well done.
I like to know what I need to disable to get rid of the fireball ability not sure my luck but always get that zombie. Sucks in a wood dependent mod.
And boats are not op I had to travel 35k blocks to get salt once the rest of your post I like.

Reactions: OneWolfe

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
TerraFirma Punk thoughts:

Zombie Awareness / Infernal Mobs: I'm torn on this one. First part of me really loves the additional challenge. I've had "super-jump" Steam Powered Zombies "fly" over my fence to chase me down. I've had infernal I-have-no-idea-what-it-was-because-I-was-to-busy-fleeing-in-terror shoot fireballs at me. I came back after yet another night spent out on a boat to find my first shelter burned to the ground from that one. And these are actually the things that make me want to keep these mods! But the hording is too much. It's like Crash Landing - you really just can't go out at night. TFC's spawn protection is irrelevant, they just track in from afar and call reinforcements. If I don't get a special mob that jumps my fence or shoots death rays out of his eyeballs at me (to chase me back out to the boat for the evening) in the morning there are upwards of 40+ zombies crowded outside my fence. I realize I can play with the configs to modify this - or just disable them - I'm not asking you to change anything just wanted to give you one more player's perspective.

I'm my ideal TFC night the following parameters apply: 1. boats are disabled, to cheaty to just hop on a boat and be safe from all. 2. Beds don't pass the night - zombies happen - deal with it. 3. There are few enough mobs that one can conceivably play run - away all night long. 4. With TFCs spawn protection and a good fence you'll probably only see a zombie or two at night - perhaps a skeleton shoots at you - or a spider (in vanilla TFC spiders are the most dangerous of all in my opinion). I barely see spiders at all in my world as currently configured.

[snip]

I never had the steam powered zombies 'jump' the wall of my base.. and in general I find even the MASSIVE hordes fun to play with. as I don't have the materials to make a bed jet I tend to entertain myself and occasionally the stream ( for when I am streaming ) by playing "follow the leader" and/or "tag" with the zombies trying to kill them in the processes. this because in my opinion the XP is extremely valuable as higher levels will increase your max HP, Hunger and Thirst.

[snip]

Ruins: very cool. I like the addition. But I think they're to frequent - I modified the configs to make them quite rare in my world. (1024 blocks min between ruins). Sounds like a lot but keep in mind even with that I've still found a second ruin before finding anything but schist!

[snip]

the ruins are kinda okay with me as in my of stream world they are my only source of other stones then chalk. I even traveled 7000+(!) block to STILL only find chalk...

[snip]

I added Jabba. I know, kind of against the whole tfc inventory stacks and weights and such - but the game is a game, and managing a ton of dirts/stone/whatever just because things don't stack just isn't fun for me. I'd rather be fleeing from fireball shooting, flying, regenerating, steam powered zombies. I minetweaked the jabba recipies to craft with a tfc plank (instead of a slab) with a tfc chest and tfc logs. I minetweaked the upgrade to be a shapeless tfc vat, tfc barrel, and jabba barrel (instead of 2x piston and jabba barrel). I set the upgrades to use plank, copper ingot, bronze sheet, and blue steel sheet in order (for only 4 upgrades). I also set the minecraft:fence in the jabba config to be any tfc chest.

[snip]

I solved the storage problem recursively: storing stuff in jars and storing the jars in chests/vessels/barrels. it seems more true to real life as you don't store salt in a pile in a cabinet next to a pile of sugar but a jar of salt and next to a jar of sugar.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I solved the storage problem recursively: storing stuff in jars and storing the jars in chests/vessels/barrels. it seems more true to real life as you don't store salt in a pile in a cabinet next to a pile of sugar but a jar of salt and next to a jar of sugar.

That is the way it should be :D

There are however some vanilla chests hidden around the world in ruins and dungeons :D (You can put items in vessels then into barrels and then put those barrels into vanilla chests)

Reactions: Kuro-Maii

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
That is the way it should be :D

There are however some vanilla chests hidden around the world in ruins and dungeons :D (You can put items in vessels then into barrels and then put those barrels into vanilla chests)

I find the vanilla chests kinda cheaty but if you want you can indeed go the extra step.

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that in FTB infinity waila updated to show hearts only when the MAX HP is low enough as it is apparently linked to the current HP that would be a nice fix to stick in the next update of TFP

Momicajack

Jul 29, 2019
I have downloaded this modpack, created a couple of worlds, but I still have not gotten a hqm book when playing. Is this something I will have to make? Any "lets plays" that I watch always seem to just have the book when they start playing, but I've downloaded and redownloaded, and I'm just not getting the book. I really would like to play, using the hqm book. Is there something I need to do to make the book appear, or do I need to make one (which is going to take a while before that will happen)?

Sorry to be so noobie. I understand some of the mechanics and have been surviving by the skin of my teeth so far, but I just don't know if there was something wrong that I was doing to not get a hqm book to start off. I always get a message saying that I am in hqm mode and I have 5 lives when I start, just no book.

TwilightWalker

Jul 29, 2019
I have downloaded this modpack, created a couple of worlds, but I still have not gotten a hqm book when playing. Is this something I will have to make? Any "lets plays" that I watch always seem to just have the book when they start playing, but I've downloaded and redownloaded, and I'm just not getting the book. I really would like to play, using the hqm book. Is there something I need to do to make the book appear, or do I need to make one (which is going to take a while before that will happen)?

Sorry to be so noobie. I understand some of the mechanics and have been surviving by the skin of my teeth so far, but I just don't know if there was something wrong that I was doing to not get a hqm book to start off. I always get a message saying that I am in hqm mode and I have 5 lives when I start, just no book.

Starting the game with cheats enabled seems to do it for me.

Momicajack

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your reply, but I actually started out that way, with cheats enabled. Thinking that might be the problem, I redownloaded the pack and started a new world without cheats enabled, but still didn't get a book. Believe me, I have started several times (first try, I couldn't find any food at all and starved, then went into some weird mode that made the world all around me look washed out and smokey. Thought I was a ghost or something and just couldn't respawn but after quitting and making a new world to try again, I starved to death and was able to respawn.) I am just having a crazy time trying to get a start up in this game! Lol! I did finally get a decent start, and have died several times in that world, but to date, I have not been able to start a world with a quest book.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry, I forgot to turn of the HQM Edit Mode before submitting the pack last time :(

To fix it go to \config\hqm\editmode.cfg and set B:UseEditor=false

Version 0.0.14 and 0.0.15 are identical copies so the same issue applies to both versions :(

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
I'll see if I can figure out what it was when I get back to playing tonight. It was one of the copper tool quests - I just don't remember which one. Edit-although now that I wrote that I do remember that it was exactly the first quest to give a bonus-life-heart as a reward.

The quest that gave me credit - after creating the clay mold, but before actually putting the mold into the pit kiln, was either the water jar quest, or the vessel quest. There's memory for you - it wasn't one of the copper tools quests at all.

Momicajack

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I forgot to turn of the HQM Edit Mode before submitting the pack last time :(

To fix it go to \config\hqm\editmode.cfg and set B:UseEditor=false

Version 0.0.14 and 0.0.15 are identical copies so the same issue applies to both versions :(

Thanks so much! This is a fun and new way to play!

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
The quest that gave me credit - after creating the clay mold, but before actually putting the mold into the pit kiln, was either the water jar quest, or the vessel quest. There's memory for you - it wasn't one of the copper tools quests at all.

I have recently tested both of these quests several times today and have not had any unusual results so far. I definitely appreciate all the bugs and suggestions so far, keep them coming! :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

I think I know why now!. I just remembered that once you place items into a vessel the quest no longer recognizes them :(
So I set the quest to accept ANY vessel regardless of meta-data so I guess it is also picking up the un-fired clay vessel instead of the finished one.

Now I just have to decide which of the two settings to go with ...

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
I have not seen this mod before but I am looking for something to add to the next update.

Concerning Glenn's Gases:

It appears that it might need a bit of work to integrate into TerraFirmaCraft. The TFC pit kiln doesn't seem to put out any smoke. On the other hand, the fires in the trees from the Ghastly Infernal Zombies do produce smoke. I'm guessing that TFC has its own version of fire. I haven't tried to produce steam with TFC water (pouring it onto lava should do so) but I suspect that it to may also not register with Glenn's Gases.

In addition, I suspect that the Glenn's Gases world generation doesn't generate in a TFC world - though I wonder if adding appropriate entries into the TFC ore generation config file might get gas pockets to be created using TFC generation.

Again. I've never played around with Glenn's Gases in any modpack before, so my ignorance is substantial, but from what I can tell, if it can be made to work, it'd be a nifty addition to TerraFirma Punk.

Edit - Right after I finished writing this I started watching "Etho's Modded Minecraft #12: Digital Miner". At 4:00, he has a neat demonstration of Glenn's Gases. I cringe thinking what something like that would do in TFC with the cave-in mechanics.

Last edited: