[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I heard last night that FTB will be adding more people with the job of processing the updates. It's been mostly a few people and sometimes one person, trying to do what is now a massive amount of updates each week. Unpaid work, i might add, that also takes away from work they do on their own modpacks. Hopefully with more people doing the work, things stabilize and they get caught back up.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Heya OneWolfe, what's your opinion on Smart Moving? I know it might Robin Hood-esque OP coupled with Ropes+ but it certainly helps with early-game exploration especially with TFC's mountainous generation.

Of course it is a great mod, but after about a week I really got sick of it, especially from creative mode.

Reactions: thebarbarian09

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have send a PM again to watchful11 and included you in it this time as well onewolfe.

I hope it helps with the pack update to the launcher.
If not may I suggest moving to AT launcher?

I suggest this because I moved the FTB infinity pack to that launcher as it is the only launcher that seems to behave and spawn minecraft on my main screen ( not my secondary screen ) also so I could add some mods to it that I found where missing with more ease.
After I moved it I noticed that I don't have to reboot minecraft every 1~2 hours anymore because my FPS dropped to 1 frame a minute or crafting tables becoming very slow in responding...

NOTE: the performance went up _before_ I added a mod to the infinity pack!

I have not received any replies from AT to my applications. :(

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
Of course it is a great mod, but after about a week I really got sick of it, especially from creative mode.
Well coming from a guy who almost religiously stays away from creative mode (not that it has its uses), Smart Moving is one of those mods I feel should have been part of minecraft from the beginning and it just feels weird playing without it. That said, most of its features are configurable and toggle-able to the most part so if you honestly hate the creative flying, you can always turn that part off (or temporarily turn off Smart Moving entirely).

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Apperently the quest "Smooth Opperator" where it asks for 4 smooth granite does not accept Smooth Andesite.

Intentional or derp?

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, this quest and 16 rich copper, cant accept any other valid stone, tetraedrite is copper with another pic. I have problems with skeletons for the seam reason i think.
The dought quest too!
I have problems with the map too :(

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Apperently the quest "Smooth Opperator" where it asks for 4 smooth granite does not accept Smooth Andesite.

Intentional or derp?

Depending on the way that stones are added to the ore dictionary it may be difficult to get HQM to recognize 'any' smooth block. I will check it out when I get home.

Yes, this quest and 16 rich copper, cant accept any other valid stone, tetraedrite is copper with another pic. I have problems with skeletons for the seam reason i think.
The dought quest too!
I have problems with the map too :(

The quest book will never recognize tetrahedrite or malachite as copper so you will have to acquire the specific nuggets. If this is for the main quest in chapter 2 then panning for them should always give you the correct ores. If its a latter quest asking for rich copper nuggets then it could take some time to find the right vein.

All of the food quests were broken for a long time so there may be a few lurking about that I still need to fix.

Are you killing normal skeletons or the taller wither skeletons? The quest should accept either.

Thank you both for letting me know some of the quests are being derpy :D
OneWolfe-

Reactions: Orma and remolachax

RaptorSB

Jul 29, 2019
v16 is live, and I am about to dive into it, however...

DLed the server files, and had Scripts, Mods and Config folders in the DL. Put those into my Forge 1291 ready server, and it crashes before it gets to the worldgen portion of startup (http://pastebin.com/8dNWwR0q). I'm hit or miss with being able to read through those logs and tell what caused the issue, but here it's definitely a miss. Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks!

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
v16 is live, and I am about to dive into it, however...

DLed the server files, and had Scripts, Mods and Config folders in the DL. Put those into my Forge 1291 ready server, and it crashes before it gets to the worldgen portion of startup (http://pastebin.com/8dNWwR0q). I'm hit or miss with being able to read through those logs and tell what caused the issue, but here it's definitely a miss. Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks!

At first glance I would guess that the server needs a newer version of forge, but I am no expert at reading crash logs either.

Thank you for posting a copy of the crash log, I will try to dig through it some more and see if I can come up with a better solution.

Also double check to see if I didn't accidently leave any 'client only' mods in there.

EDIT: I am not sure but I think Damage Indicators Mod is client side only :(

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
I found a little bug, if you pres d for clean the decay on a fish, you obtain a minecraft fish, the problem is if you press D and you have a decayed fish on inventory. Is a minor bug

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I found a little bug, if you pres d for clean the decay on a fish, you obtain a minecraft fish, the problem is if you press D and you have a decayed fish on inventory. Is a minor bug

I wonder if this happens in normal TFC or if it is just happening in my pack. If it is only occurring in my pack my guess it might have something to do with the RotaryCraft API since it changes almost all of the vanilla items.

Reactions: Ultimaheart4

RaptorSB

Jul 29, 2019
Well spit, OneWolfe. lol! I feel kinda dumb now, I saw DamageIndicators in there, and just it just slid through my mind. That was the issue. Thanks!

Reactions: OneWolfe

RaptorSB

Jul 29, 2019
No worries, I should have seen it when I went through looking, after reading your previous post about checking for client sides.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if this happens in normal TFC or if it is just happening in my pack. If it is only occurring in my pack my guess it might have something to do with the RotaryCraft API since it changes almost all of the vanilla items.
That's definitely not a normal TFC thing...

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
That's definitely not a normal TFC thing...

I saw it happen on Nemsun's episode yesterday, but it looked like the fish may have had more decay than good meat, so im not sure if that is a factor, but I will certainly test this out when I get home. At the moment I don't know of a viable way around the issue.

By the way if anyone is curious, the vanilla fish was only ment for taming and feeding the ocelot you get as a reward in chapter 2.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
TFC is mean .. i went as i usually do in MC on a big exploration mission, i had a bed and a barrel on my back and lots of food.
I find some ore here and there and new stone types that i mark up. And then there down in a hole in the ground i see tin(this is after 1½-2h exploration).
I quickly make my way down and start digging, its the rich version! \o/

So i start mining and i get around 8 stacks of it and just as im about to get the last ore, all hell breaks loose.
The roof starts caving in and all the 10 layers of dirt and gravel follow. That lined the walls.

And i went down in this tiny 4x5 hole .. so yeah i instantly die and now im 3.5k blocks from my base and atleast 7k blocks from my grave.

Cave in's are the most evil function ever.

Reactions: Greystoke