[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
Due to FTB's complete incompetence this month here is a direct link to version 16!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cg80ngilek47n75/TerraFirmaPunk_0.0.16.zip

Why thank you, good sir! Finally I can get started on my steam-powered tea making contraption. Such a dapper gentleman! Good show!

...Victorian Steampunk-related silliness aside, honestly surprised you didn't do this sooner but yea, FTB is probably up their necks in PAX or there's some sort of anti-steampunk conspiracy going on here. Regardless, Thank you and I can't wait to try this later tonight.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Why thank you, good sir! Finally I can get started on my steam-powered tea making contraption. Such a dapper gentleman! Good show!

...Victorian Steampunk-related silliness aside, honestly surprised you didn't do this sooner but yea, FTB is probably up their necks in PAX or there's some sort of anti-steampunk conspiracy going on here. Regardless, Thank you and I can't wait to try this later tonight.

Well for one, you cant just plug it into the FTB launcher and make it work. v16 requires a newer version of forge so you would have to run it from MultiMC or other kind of launchers.

Reactions: remolachax

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Well for one, you cant just plug it into the FTB launcher and make it work. v16 requires a newer version of forge so you would have to run it from MultiMC or other kind of launchers.

thats not true im running it right now on the old/original forge version from FTB

however you didnt turn off the ruins mods updates on the server console oneWolfe

Last edited:

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you :D

At the moment my update thread is stuck on 'Waiting' status and I have sent several replies asking why the delay and have not received any replies :(

I will have another update ready by the end of the week so hopefully a repost will get things rolling again.
You're not replying to your own thread, are you? IIRC, they tell you not to do that because they work from the oldest thread first, and bumping your own thread just pushes it to the end of the list.

Edit: found it... http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/3rd-party-modpack-guidelines.18250/ in the Forum Tags spoiler
Do not bump update threads. We work from the oldest unanswered thread to the newest, so bumping your thread will only result in taking longer for us to address it.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
FTB is probably up their necks in PAX or there's some sort of anti-steampunk conspiracy going on here. Regardless, Thank you and I can't wait to try this later tonight.

If they are all at a convention this kind of makes sense, but then again dosnt clarify why there hasn't been a response in over a week :(

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
thats not true im running it right now on the old/original forge version from FTB

however you didnt turn off the ruins mods updates on the server console oneWolfe
I also just deleted the 3 folders and added in the new one's. And it worked fine from the FTB launcher.

Reactions: remolachax

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
# This is how many days are in a year. Keep this to multiples of 12.
I:yearLength=360

Lol, change to 96!

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I just planned on doing an overwrite of the FTB's latest version of TerraFirmaPunk using the .16 files. Unless you removed anything, this would probably be most efficient way of doing so...

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
If you dont remove the old files you might get some duplicates since some mod updates got a different number in their name then the old versions.

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
I have some lag, i add fastcraft, the game goes fine now. I start a new world with the seed recomended, and i make some quests of the frist charpenter. Seems to need 100 poins for unlock 2 charpenter. 100 points are the "normal" quests", the pumkins, the pig and the salt. Normaly you find one tipe of rock, and do the chain of tools is dificult, more dificult is find salt, and more more is kill 5 zombies, 5 spiders and 10 skeletons, normaly you find a lot of special mobs, and kill them with an axe, mace, javelin of stone, is so dangerous with 5 lifes. I think that a more calibrated points to unlock charpenter 2, are 80-90, personaly i clone 10 salt, and 32 rock of gabbro, because i cant do the change, earlier in the game. Or you can change to lees mobs, or some point rewards for make the ceramic tools for example.
I like so much much much the bag rewards and dynamic lights, fantastic changes!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: cannajan

flammehawk

Jul 29, 2019
So, i just installed the pack and createtd a world with the seed of your youtube videos but I seem to be missing the Questbook and "/hqm enable" dos'nt work since its already enabled and disabling it I have no Permissions and spawing a questbook in is giving me the questbook for editing the quests so how to get the questbook?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have some lag, i add fastcraft, the game goes fine now. I start a new world with the seed recomended, and i make some quests of the frist charpenter. Seems to need 100 poins for unlock 2 charpenter. 100 points are the "normal" quests", the pumkins, the pig and the salt. Normaly you find one tipe of rock, and do the chain of tools is dificult, more dificult is find salt, and more more is kill 5 zombies, 5 spiders and 10 skeletons, normaly you find a lot of special mobs, and kill them with an axe, mace, javelin of stone, is so dangerous with 5 lifes. I think that a more calibrated points to unlock charpenter 2, are 80-90, personaly i clone 10 salt, and 32 rock of gabbro, because i cant do the change, earlier in the game. Or you can change to lees mobs, or some point rewards for make the ceramic tools for example.
I like so much much much the bag rewards and dynamic lights, fantastic changes!!!

Thank you for letting my know about the balance issue :D

Chapter 2 should open once you have all of the clay quests, the vessel, water jug and the bowls. Even if chapter 2 did open there isnt anything that can be completed with out the ceramic bowl to make a gold pan.

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
I have send a PM again to watchful11 and included you in it this time as well onewolfe.

I hope it helps with the pack update to the launcher.
If not may I suggest moving to AT launcher?

I suggest this because I moved the FTB infinity pack to that launcher as it is the only launcher that seems to behave and spawn minecraft on my main screen ( not my secondary screen ) also so I could add some mods to it that I found where missing with more ease.
After I moved it I noticed that I don't have to reboot minecraft every 1~2 hours anymore because my FPS dropped to 1 frame a minute or crafting tables becoming very slow in responding...

NOTE: the performance went up _before_ I added a mod to the infinity pack!

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
Heya OneWolfe, what's your opinion on Smart Moving? I know it might Robin Hood-esque OP coupled with Ropes+ but it certainly helps with early-game exploration especially with TFC's mountainous generation.