[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
Orma, in tfconfig i think, you can configure the posibility of roof fall on dig. I hate the posibility of solid rock falling, in normal TFC you dont have grave, and you dont have map :p on TFP the normal posibility of that is 1:10 :(((((((((((

Reactions: OneWolfe

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if this happens in normal TFC or if it is just happening in my pack. If it is only occurring in my pack my guess it might have something to do with the RotaryCraft API since it changes almost all of the vanilla items.
i mentioned before i have had issues with things like that from rotarycraft. it changes vanilla items and if tfc tries to overwrite the same things rotarycraft is then that would be the cause.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
i have been able to get a lot of nickle more so then tin and zinc. which is very unusual for any tfc map ive played on. guess im lucky and unlucky since im still stuck in copper age with only a little black bronze. even then i might have to make a rosegold anvil if thats still possible.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
i have been able to get a lot of nickle more so then tin and zinc. which is very unusual for any tfc map ive played on. guess im lucky and unlucky since im still stuck in copper age with only a little black bronze. even then i might have to make a rosegold anvil if thats still possible.

It may happen sometimes, especially if your in a biome where your surrounded by a lot of Gabbro near the surface. I that case you will probably be finding more nickel than anything else. On my last map we had to go thousands of blocks to find anything other than limestone :( We had iron ore for days and a little copper, but nothing to make bronze from :(

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
I think a solution can be a tipe of alchemy, with some magic, and a lot of ratio 5:1 for example.

In the pack regrowth, the mechanics can give you some inpiration

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
It may happen sometimes, especially if your in a biome where your surrounded by a lot of Gabbro near the surface. I that case you will probably be finding more nickel than anything else. On my last map we had to go thousands of blocks to find anything other than limestone :( We had iron ore for days and a little copper, but nothing to make bronze from :(
yeah ive had that before but never nickle. i also need to get graphite still and i have a lot of gold, silver, and copper. if i recall isn't their an api for tfc?

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
When i made my map i went in creative mode, found a nice BIG landmass with andesite and sat mah bum down there. Also flew around and explored the area to see what was around (1-2k blocks or untill i hit a coast).
And while playing normally i have found within 1-5k blocks from my base i have found; andesite - diorite - granite - marble - phyllite - conglomerate(love this name) and chert.
Sadly no limestone or rock salt :(

Thats the best tip tbh .. make a new map and fly/teleport around untill you find some nice land (not exploring caves/ravines ofc).

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
yeah ive had that before but never nickle. i also need to get graphite still and i have a lot of gold, silver, and copper. if i recall isn't their an api for tfc?

The ores config file allows you to tweak the frequency and size of ore deposits and I think it even lets you change which rocks they spawn in.

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
Another posible solution is a little change to find some minerals or metals, with an higt level of prospeting (this logic "solution" maybe it is easy to configure, and you need to walk a loot for find places for use gold pan)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
The ores config file allows you to tweak the frequency and size of ore deposits and I think it even lets you change which rocks they spawn in.
yeah i dont like messing with the basic options. i was actually hoping that someone could integrate the blue, black, and red steel into other mods.
so we can use other machines and stuff to make the alloy and parts of new machines maybe.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i dont like messing with the basic options. i was actually hoping that someone could integrate the blue, black, and red steel into other mods.

I had considered using one of those for RotaryCraft but the RC developer, Reika has forbidden that option for now. The other way would be to add BuildCraft and have Red or Blue steel as part of the recipe for the quarries. If I do find any high tech mods that might fight I would certainly consider using those alloys as base materials :D

Reactions: Ultimaheart4

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I had considered using one of those for RotaryCraft but the RC developer, Reika has forbidden that option for now. The other way would be to add BuildCraft and have Red or Blue steel as part of the recipe for the quarries. If I do find any high tech mods that might fight I would certainly consider using those alloys as base materials :D
yea i actually was wondering why you added it in? rotarycraft that is.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft is awesome, love that mod. Sadly most people get all pissy about not being able to change the configs, eventho its balanced and stable and refuse to add the mod :(.

So lots of <33 to you for adding it :D.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft is awesome, love that mod. Sadly most people get all pissy about not being able to change the configs, eventho its balanced and stable and refuse to add the mod :(.

So lots of <33 to you for adding it :D.
i have no issue with the mod not allowing change to it. i wouldnt no offense. i refuse it because it changes vanilla items and causes great big issues in vanilla minecraft.
if i recall my main reason for removing it from one of my modpacks was that it would mess up thaumcraft crafting. it changed the vanilla diamond. so each time i would go to craft an axe of the stream my game would crash. any recipe that needed vanilla items in thaumcraft would crash the game.
and when i removed the mod and dragon api from my mods folder i couldnt use the world due to it changing to many blocks and corrupting the world.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
yea i actually was wondering why you added it in? rotarycraft that is.

Aside from being basicly steam powered, all of the tech mods in this pack have one thing in common ... They all have alot of moving parts! RailCraft of course does not have moving parts on all of its machines, but it is entirely steam powered and moving items/liquids/cattle around with trains is just visually alot cooler than some of the other tech out there that use hidden pipes or conduits. So for what may seem like purely aesthetic reasons I thought RotaryCraft was a good addition to this pack. This was before I found out how much DragonApi changes things and if it is removed will seriously corrupt all pre-existing world. So I have left it in the pack and decided to work with it instead of against it.

Reactions: Ultimaheart4

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
its in the direwolf20 pack. its almost like redpower2 frames but works well with a lot of things. should check it out.

It is built off of Thermal Expansion and requires RF to work so I dont see this as a option any time soon. Yes I know RotaryCraft has a means to produce RF, but this mod appears like it will be alot of work to integrate :(

Thank you for the cool suggestion, I am always excited to check out new stuff :D

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
It is built off of Thermal Expansion and requires RF to work so I dont see this as a option any time soon. Yes I know RotaryCraft has a means to produce RF, but this mod appears like it will be alot of work to integrate :(

Thank you for the cool suggestion, I am always excited to check out new stuff :D
umm.... buildcraft now uses rf and so does railcraft.... and you can change the basic material for crafting things easily...