[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
steam turbines are for ic2. they produce eu. but yes the engines produce rf.

how much do you know about the mods you have put into the pack?

i would like to admit... for some reason in this pack they do not produce rf/t...

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
steam turbines are for ic2... but yes they do.

Cool, at the moment I know that Archimedes Ships work very similarly to this and you can fly around with Flaxbeard's or RC machines attached :D

At the moment I am very close to having version 1.0.0 of this pack complete, and I am hesitant to add mods that will take alot of work to integrate. They are definitly on the books for a reworking and a second version in which I will probably redo the entire quest book and add things like thaumcraft or some other crazy stuff :)

But for this month I really want to focus on getting what ive got streamlined and squash as many bugs as possible :)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, at the moment I know that Archimedes Ships work very similarly to this and you can fly around with Flaxbeard's or RC machines attached :D

At the moment I am very close to having version 1.0.0 of this pack complete, and I am hesitant to add mods that will take alot of work to integrate. They are definitly on the books for a reworking and a second version in which I will probably redo the entire quest book and add things like thaumcraft or some other crazy stuff :)

But for this month I really want to focus on getting what ive got streamlined and squash as many bugs as possible :)

question is can you fix the bugs from rotarycraft? and what kind of bugs are you looking for ;)

it seems that they produce mj... let me test real quick.

because if i am correct. Buildcraft in version 6.5 or something like that. uses RF/t i know that. and i am using railcraft engines to power my buildcraft stuff with the new knises pipes from buildcraft (the rf/t ones) so it may need buildcraft to be installed for that to use rf/t.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
if you would like any help with things i am very skilled with mods, knowing how they work together with each other such as the railcraft being able to produce rf/t. i like the idea of your modpack. its worth the time you put into it. i would like to see the whole thing when its completed fully and how you implement the mods together. however i would like to see a few more things early game if you plan to add anything. something magical would be nice. and maybe some expanding on your story/journal that you start to understand as you progress.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
question is can you fix the bugs from rotarycraft? and what kind of bugs are you looking for ;)

Well the decayed fish turning to vanilla fish is a bug. Is it fixable, sadly I dont know :(

Most of what I am looking for now are balance issues, like with Zombie Awareness filling the mob cap with Zombies so none of the other mobs will spawn. Or chapter 2 quests being unreachable because I set the minimum too high. Or the RailCraft Lanterns being uncraftable because they require vanilla torches, or at one time the Rock Crusher was uncraftable with out materials you could only get from a finished Rock Crusher. LOL

These are some of the bugs I have found from watching LPs, live streams, and reading everyone's comments here. All of these really help me a great deal as having to play through the pack myself would take alot of time, and I tend to miss some of the little things along the way.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Most of what I am looking for now are balance issues, like with Zombie Awareness filling the mob cap with Zombies so none of the other mobs will spawn.

It is much better now, seeing abit more variety. But i would still like to say its 60% zombie versions 30% skeleton versions.
Seeing alot of wolfs, but not that many spiders.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Well the decayed fish turning to vanilla fish is a bug. Is it fixable, sadly I dont know :(

Most of what I am looking for now are balance issues, like with Zombie Awareness filling the mob cap with Zombies so none of the other mobs will spawn. Or chapter 2 quests being unreachable because I set the minimum too high. Or the RailCraft Lanterns being uncraftable because they require vanilla torches, or at one time the Rock Crusher was uncraftable with out materials you could only get from a finished Rock Crusher. LOL

These are some of the bugs I have found from watching LPs, live streams, and reading everyone's comments here. All of these really help me a great deal as having to play through the pack myself would take alot of time, and I tend to miss some of the little things along the way.

you are correct it is hard to test modpacks without playing them through to the end. you are right balance is an issue in some packs. i feel that regrowth has a good balance and a good tier system for crafting and things. its your pack so do what you want with it and its good so far and tfc has good basic balance already.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
if you would like any help with things i am very skilled with mods, knowing how they work together with each other such as the railcraft being able to produce rf/t. i like the idea of your modpack. its worth the time you put into it. i would like to see the whole thing when its completed fully and how you implement the mods together. however i would like to see a few more things early game if you plan to add anything. something magical would be nice. and maybe some expanding on your story/journal that you start to understand as you progress.

Thaumcraft and Witcher are definitly do-able but even with ModTweaker seem like they would require a complete over haul.

I have looked at a few mods that might fit early in the tech tree, for example one mod I think was called Ancient Warfare or something like that, I thought it was going to include alot of catapults and more 'Better Than Wolves' style machines, but its main focus seems to be around NPCs, and the machines it did have were the All-In-One-Block style that you seen in most tech mods besides their waterwheel power source didnt recognize TFC water so they were entirely unusable :(

Certainly feel free to slap in any mods that you think might work and give them a test run, but also consider how they would work with the others and the amount of work it would take to integrate them. For example Flaxbeard's Steam Power took almost zero tweaking to integrate, at most all I had to do was change up the vanilla furnace recipe to use Igneous rock instead of any cobblestone. The hardest part about Flaxbeards was deciding how to get them to work with TFC water.

Reactions: Ultimaheart4

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
It is much better now, seeing abit more variety. But i would still like to say its 60% zombie versions 30% skeleton versions.
Seeing alot of wolfs, but not that many spiders.

I am curious what the spawn rates are like with out ZA because I really want to see more of the custom mobs like the goblins(Redhats) and minotaurs. Balancing those spawn rates is going to be pretty important to the later quests.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft and Witcher are definitly do-able but even with ModTweaker seem like they would require a complete over haul.

I have looked at a few mods that might fit early in the tech tree, for example one mod I think was called Ancient Warfare or something like that, I thought it was going to include alot of catapults and more 'Better Than Wolves' style machines, but its main focus seems to be around NPCs, and the machines it did have were the All-In-One-Block style that you seen in most tech mods besides their waterwheel power source didnt recognize TFC water so they were entirely unusable :(

Certainly feel free to slap in any mods that you think might work and give them a test run, but also consider how they would work with the others and the amount of work it would take to integrate them. For example Flaxbeard's Steam Power took almost zero tweaking to integrate, at most all I had to do was change up the vanilla furnace recipe to use Igneous rock instead of any cobblestone. The hardest part about Flaxbeards was deciding how to get them to work with TFC water.
making mods work with tfc is hard. some mods its easier. i have tried a lot of different mods.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
you are correct it is hard to test modpacks without playing them through to the end. you are right balance is an issue in some packs. i feel that regrowth has a good balance and a good tier system for crafting and things. its your pack so do what you want with it and its good so far and tfc has good basic balance already.

I really wanted this pack to feel like the uphill challenge you get from packs like Crash Landing and Sky Factory, where you start with nothing and slowly work into something grand and amazing! I had even considered throwing in something like ExNihlo to see what happened.

One of the big things I want to avoid is that 'its your pack, do what you want' feeling. This was never a solo project and I dont want it to be Just-Me. The pack was originally intended for the guys I played TFC with on the E-Cubed server, Wooly, Joe The Pirate, Benito, and Albinac. We brought in Spud_Gunn then sat down and discussed what we wanted the pack to be, it was really a collaborative, but I took the reins and made it happen. Now the quest book is nearly complete some three months after the rest of the guys on E-Cubed have stopped playing it. Now this forum thread has and I do want you guys to feel that its not just "MY" pack but your all part of it. :D However there is only so much time I have between work and YouTube so I have to kind of keep myself focused and on track. In the recent update I added several small mods to the pack that took almost no work to integrate many of them were extension or addons to pre-existing mods. This is a huge project and I have lots of plans, such as adding more tech, magic, more RPG aspects and even a Custom Built Map to explore like the one that comes with Crash Landing. The custom map should add alot more story elements and I hope will be interesting enough to have alot of replaybility.

For now I have a task list taped to my bedroom wall that I want to get completed before I can call the pack finished, out of beta, and into an official full release, so all the help you guys provide is greatly appreciated :D

Reactions: remolachax

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
making mods work with tfc is hard. some mods its easier. i have tried a lot of different mods.

Yeah, there is a very large list of current mods that do not work with TFC at all :(

Here is an example for thaumcraft:
To make Thaumcraft a viable part of TFP I would have to first fully understand the Thaumcraft aspect system and then remap all of the aspects to TFC/TFP materials. There are already thousands of items in TFC not including all the items added by the other mods. Even with ModTweaker to script all of the items and their aspects it could take me a month to get it all written. Then there will be alot of extensive testing and debugging of the recipes, mobs, tools, weapons ect. It is just something I would rather put off at this point. I had even considered making a completely separate Magical TFC pack just to see what I could make out of it, maybe even an ExNihlo skyblock style one. LOL

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to be able to use Flaxbeard's casting crucible to craft TFC ingots. I know that it is possible through ModTweaker but I havent had time to sit down and develop to scripts yet.

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to be able to use Flaxbeard's casting crucible to craft TFC ingots. I know that it is possible through ModTweaker but I havent had time to sit down and develop to scripts yet.
Im not an expert, but some packs change automatic some ingots for others, and unificate the materials for uncompatibility problems. Is posible change some metals and chunks of metals for another metals with diferent propieties but same grapics? Maybe I'm saying silly

Last edited:

KillyMac

Jul 29, 2019
I love the idea, but think it would be nice if you added the decorations add-on for terrafirmacraft.
The mod adds mud bricks, lanterns, and much more!

Trevis42

Jul 29, 2019
I added this pack a few days ago and when I started the world I did not get a quest book. Is this normal or are we supposed to start with one to help us on the journey?

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
I added this pack a few days ago and when I started the world I did not get a quest book. Is this normal or are we supposed to start with one to help us on the journey?

Playing the .15 or .16 version? Since this was fixed in the latest one. Which came out recently on the launcher.