[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
would anyone have any ideas why my server would time out all players and constantly spam the console with generating different ruins? i have never had issues with players being timed out for things like that. would it be that their is a bug with the pack that i haven't seen in the messages here?

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Wolf!! I've ssen another 3rd party mod pack get added to the launcher today.. multiple getting updated, yet yours still hasn't been updated(even tho you submitted the update over a week ago) I'm pritty sure it had to do with Pax being on, and the post that is applying for new people to help with the distributing of the updates. Also it didn't help that one of the newer people went afk for a week.

Hopefully this wont happen in the future :) This is a brilliant pack, Keep up the great work!

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
would anyone have any ideas why my server would time out all players and constantly spam the console with generating different ruins? i have never had issues with players being timed out for things like that. would it be that their is a bug with the pack that i haven't seen in the messages here?

Sounds like the 'Bad Ruin' bug. One of the ruins has an illegal block or something that causes servers to crash. I thought I had taken care of that one a long time ago :(

Is this a new server or well established? If its a new server try generating a new seed, if the server has been running for a while you will have to move the nearby players away from the area, or just delete their data.

Also I thought I had turned off the console spam from ruins.

If the problem still continues feel free to PM me.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Wolf!! I've ssen another 3rd party mod pack get added to the launcher today.. multiple getting updated, yet yours still hasn't been updated(even tho you submitted the update over a week ago) I'm pritty sure it had to do with Pax being on, and the post that is applying for new people to help with the distributing of the updates. Also it didn't help that one of the newer people went afk for a week.

Hopefully this wont happen in the future :) This is a brilliant pack, Keep up the great work!

Thank you :D

At the moment my update thread is stuck on 'Waiting' status and I have sent several replies asking why the delay and have not received any replies :(

I will have another update ready by the end of the week so hopefully a repost will get things rolling again.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
thank you for your reply. its funny you say crash because my server doesn't make a crash log and it wont let me stop it with a console command. maybe the new pack 0.0.16 will fix it. also I have tested that bug on a few worlds now and it has done it on all 4 of the new worlds. i really do enjoy your packs idea more then the way it seems to play. i feel the beginning is a lot harder then TFC with the mobs and all. i feel their should be someway to turn off some of the harder mobs until a player gets their first metals or something like after a few days into the world. i also miss magic in survival packs. magic in this mod pack would be awesome to see. i have attempted personal testing packs like this but without TFC due to it being less friendly with other mods, mainly so i could add magic mods.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019

Something wierd is going on since packs that submitted AFTER onewolfe wrote he submitted his, has been updated. Conspiracy indeed.

Due to FTB's complete incompetence this month here is a direct link to version 16!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cg80ngilek47n75/TerraFirmaPunk_0.0.16.zip

Does this work for servers aswell? Removing client only side mods first ofc.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
thank you for your reply. its funny you say crash because my server doesn't make a crash log and it wont let me stop it with a console command. maybe the new pack 0.0.16 will fix it. also I have tested that bug on a few worlds now and it has done it on all 4 of the new worlds. i really do enjoy your packs idea more then the way it seems to play. i feel the beginning is a lot harder then TFC with the mobs and all. i feel their should be someway to turn off some of the harder mobs until a player gets their first metals or something like after a few days into the world. i also miss magic in survival packs. magic in this mod pack would be awesome to see. i have attempted personal testing packs like this but without TFC due to it being less friendly with other mods, mainly so i could add magic mods.

Here are a couple of options I can think of;

1: Check the console log for the very last ruin to generate before the server resets. Delete the ruin from \mods\resources\ folders. Repeat if the problem continues.

2: Disable ruins when generating a new map, then re-enable after the map loads.

If neither of these work then its some other mod that is causing the issues :(

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019

1: Check the console log for the very last ruin to generate before the server resets. Delete the ruin from \mods\resources\ folders. Repeat if the problem continues.

i will gladly test that. i havnt added any mods but not to dis on any mods either but rotarycraft has given me a lot of problems before with modpacks. if i recall correctly they change a bunch of vanilla items?

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Ty. Finaly me and my friend can go back to playing. I did a SP world, the streams are freakin amazing. Just saying :D
i feel really dumb again. i believe and didn't see that a few mod/mods were added. i would've checked a changelog if there was one but dynamic lights mod. and a few others. i keep finding ones. its probably best if you hunt them down i am very tired today was up all night coding.

and or it wasn't in my server mods folder at all before the "update" ;)

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
the whole list of mods to remove are sound filters, armor status hud, damage indicators, dynamic lights, but also add in fastcraft. it helps with loading new chunks.

for the server files you would need.

Reactions: Orma

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
One problem in tfc is the seed, if your world have bad luck, the clay is imposible found, if the bioma is to hot o cold, crops dont grow, o fresh water, ets etc, one clever solution, is give player a big hide, for make the frist bed, for use to have a spawn, but the problem of resources is luck o bad luck, and sometimes you need to do km to find a decent place for some of the basic resources. One solution can be magic, because tfc is a crude game, with rudimentary sistems, i dont know if a chamanic magic mod can be add to tfp, with rudimentary and basic solutions, i thinck in a rudimentary mod like ex nilo, with less change of loot, launch stones for protection, chauldrons for the metals, and a sistem for sieve for metals, etc etc, and ex nilo is also very configurable i think. Until you have the real bed, you have a lot of time at nights, and sieve or magic may be interesant.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
One problem in tfc is the seed, if your world have bad luck, the clay is imposible found, if the bioma is to hot o cold, crops dont grow, o fresh water, ets etc, one clever solution, is give player a big hide, for make the frist bed, for use to have a spawn, but the problem of resources is luck o bad luck, and sometimes you need to do km to find a decent place for some of the basic resources. One solution can be magic, because tfc is a crude game, with rudimentary sistems, i dont know if a chamanic magic mod can be add to tfp, with rudimentary and basic solutions, i thinck in a rudimentary mod like ex nilo, with less change of loot, launch stones for protection, chauldrons for the metals, and a sistem for sieve for metals, etc etc, and ex nilo is also very configurable i think. Until you have the real bed, you have a lot of time at nights, and sieve or magic may be interesant.

i would have to agree. it is hard to get past steel without finding nickle. However some of the basic need to find ore is neat. gives you a better reason to use all that stone you accumulate early on. copper generation has gotten better over the past 3 years (mainly due to needing copper for the first basic metal tools now.) i always have insane amounts of copper. secondary ores like nickle, zinc and tin seems to have gotten hard depending on the world.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019

onewolfe, you wouldnt happen to remember the dungeon that was causing this crash? i dont seem to be able to find the dungeon since i never was able to see it and i think of removing a dungeon from the list or the mod, since it might have been in the pack intentionally. i stray from removing mods from packs even if i dont like them.