[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Scotty110

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to replace mapwriter with journeymap, but having a hard time removing mapwriter as I can't find it in the mods folder. Is it under another name? or another folder? I had found the config files for it but not the actual mod.

Scotty110

Jul 29, 2019
That was it, weird though because I did think it was that at first, but when I did a search, I didn't see any mention of mapwriter on the opis page I found, and mapwriter had it's own page with no mention of opis that I could find.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to replace mapwriter with journeymap, but having a hard time removing mapwriter as I can't find it in the mods folder. Is it under another name? or another folder? I had found the config files for it but not the actual mod.

Opis, perhaps.

Yes it comes with Opis. If you are not running a server, or have no need of its server tools you can simply just remove Opis and Mobius Core from your copy of the pack. Honestly I have forgotten exactly how to disable Map Writer but will be installing Journey Map in the next update.

G

gurubab14

Noticed that Flaxbeard pistons are no longer craftable -- bummer. Otherwise many cool changes in the last update, some of which make the game much harder (blaze powder no longer craftable --)

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed that Flaxbeard pistons are no longer craftable -- bummer. Otherwise many cool changes in the last update, some of which make the game much harder (blaze powder no longer craftable --)

I thought I would make mob farming more of a key part of this pack. As for Blaze, I am still looking for a good way to get them to spawn in the world. Several ideas have not panned out so far, but I am still working with some things so now worries. Try looking for some Blaze spawners in dungeons and ruins for now. :D

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to ask, but is there any way in the Bronze age to area mine? Trying to collect enough smooth gabbro to build my house is getting kind of monotonous. :p

P

PsycoSwan

I really think that you should add Immersive Engineering to the pack. It's a more realistic tech mod where most of the machinery is actually multiblock structures, and power is transmitted through actual power lines. It would suit the pack well.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to ask, but is there any way in the Bronze age to area mine? Trying to collect enough smooth gabbro to build my house is getting kind of monotonous. :p
Try Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power. There is a machine called the Thumper that might be what your looking for.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I really think that you should add Immersive Engineering to the pack. It's a more realistic tech mod where most of the machinery is actually multiblock structures, and power is transmitted through actual power lines. It would suit the pack well.

Who is saying that it is not in the pack?

G

gurubab14

I thought I would make mob farming more of a key part of this pack. As for Blaze, I am still looking for a good way to get them to spawn in the world. Several ideas have not panned out so far, but I am still working with some things so now worries. Try looking for some Blaze spawners in dungeons and ruins for now. :D

But what about the pistons? So many things are unavailable without them. And pistons are quite a rare drop.

About the Blazes, I remember that Thaumcraft had flowers in the desert that yielded blaze pearls. That would be a nice reason to explore towards the equator, beyond the creepy monster-infested Acacia forest

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
But what about the pistons? So many things are unavailable without them. And pistons are quite a rare drop.

About the Blazes, I remember that Thaumcraft had flowers in the desert that yielded blaze pearls. That would be a nice reason to explore towards the equator, beyond the creepy monster-infested Acacia forest

The Steam Pistons should not be too terribly rare. I dont want to give too much away just yet, but all the Steam Powered and Brotherhood of Steam mobs should be dropping them. Some will drop them more often than others, you just have to figure out which ones.

Blaze rods should not be impossible to find, but I am working on make them, or at least blaze powder, more common.

Please remember that versions 1.0.9x are currently only for testing and not ment for a full play through, so many parts may be missing or just completely out of balance. I really do appreciate all of these comments and suggestions, it helps me out alot to catch bugs and balance issues I would otherwise miss in my own testing.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
This weekend I am really focusing on adding another chapter to the new questbook and make some serious progress towards getting 2.0 ready for release. I wont be making an official release until the HQM is at least 90%.

So far today I have been adding Clockwork Automatons to the pack, and getting the Immersive Engineering recipes to fit into the new tech tree. Plus tweaking several of the mob drops to be more rewarding, for example: fighting a 10k health infernal Skeleton Druid who drops a single piece of paper is kind of disappointing. So now I have increased the chance to drop loot bags, added Fireflys, and a very small chance to drop a Moonworm Queen. This should make farming Druids alot more lucrative :D I will be working to have more mobs like this, and adding better drops to the tougher and rarer mobs.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have control over ore generation?
I would change it to make ore veins more common, but in turn, smaller so it would not change the total amount of ores but let you find them a lot easier. We had to walk almost 2k blocks to find graphite/iron, after moving our base 1.5k blocks south of the spawn point because there were no clay at all over there T_T

Alternatively, add some better "backpack" like item and some kind of sleeping bag (I think there is one but has no recipe) so we can do "mining expeditions" for a couple days :p
Better boats would be nice too.

Just throwing in random ideas.

Reactions: OneWolfe

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Try Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power. There is a machine called the Thumper that might be what your looking for.
Looked it up, but it doesn't seem to do what I'm looking for. I'd like to know if there are any tools like the hammer from tinkers' construct so that I can make a bunch of smooth gabbro and then mine it in a 3x3.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Looked it up, but it doesn't seem to do what I'm looking for. I'd like to know if there are any tools like the hammer from tinkers' construct so that I can make a bunch of smooth gabbro and then mine it in a 3x3.

Try using the Giant's Pickaxe ;)

Also, the Clockwork Pick should be able to mine more than one block at a time, but I have not given it much testing in the current version.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have control over ore generation?
I would change it to make ore veins more common, but in turn, smaller so it would not change the total amount of ores but let you find them a lot easier. We had to walk almost 2k blocks to find graphite/iron, after moving our base 1.5k blocks south of the spawn point because there were no clay at all over there T_T

If you only searched for 2000 blocks for Graphite, then you got off easy!