[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Try using the Giant's Pickaxe ;)

Also, the Clockwork Pick should be able to mine more than one block at a time, but I have not given it much testing in the current version.
Thanks, testing in a creative world and Giant's actually mines in a 4x4. 0_o

Can I use the terrafirmacraft diamonds to create a portal to the twilight or do I need to try and loot a vanilla diamond out of a dungeon?

And at bronze age I don't think I'm quite ready for Cogs. XD

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, testing in a creative world and Giant's actually mines in a 4x4. 0_o

Can I use the terrafirmacraft diamonds to create a portal to the twilight or do I need to try and loot a vanilla diamond out of a dungeon?

And at bronze age I don't think I'm quite ready for Cogs. XD

There is no need to actually go to the Twilight Forest, and its probably best not to even try.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
???

Have you not seen the giant miners wandering around the mountains and high hills?
No? Hell, I've been mining on an island with giant hills as well.

I'll keep on searching and get back to you if I find one.

EDIT: Found one, it was spawning from one of the little houses.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneWolfe

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
After 2000 blocks I only found like... 5 graphite ores XD

Anyway, you need to give food (or at least eggs) a better life spam, they spoil before actually hatching (using the nests)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, you need to give food (or at least eggs) a better life spam, they spoil before actually hatching (using the nests)

Thanks, this should be fixed in the next update. Never realized food decay would effect chickens so badly :(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
After 2000 blocks I only found like... 5 graphite ores XD

It is really strange that graphite is so hard to find because it has the same rarity as kaolinite. It is possible that the rock types are adversely limiting the spawn rates. Kaolinite can spawn in an entire group of rock while Graphite can only spawn in 4 specific types. I have no intention of ever changing the rock types that ores can spawn in because I feel it would stray too far from the original TFC mechanics and make their Wiki useless. However I am raising the rarity values of most of the ores that get used in this pack.

In the mean time try checking for these rocks; marble, gneiss, quartzite, schist. The deposits might be below ground so digging test shafts may be required.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
In my experience graphite is very rarely on the surface, making it harder to find whereas you'll run across kaolinite fairly quickly as long as you're getting the correct rock types. The TF wiki has the rock/ore tables to let you know where you should look.

This page has the info. http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Ores_&_Minerals

Looking at the table kaolinite gens in 8 types of sedimentary stone, all top layer whereas Graphite only spawns in 4 metamorphic which can be top but are usually middle in my experience.

Depth

Jul 29, 2019
Spawned at z -14800. Done nothing except prepare for the inevitable winter

This is really fun, haven't played TFC in ages

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Spawned at z -14800. Done nothing except prepare for the inevitable winter

This is really fun, haven't played TFC in ages

I am glad your enjoying the pack :D

14000 isn't so bad. A lot of my friends prefer the big seasonal changes, but me I like it around 5000 or 6000 where it rarely snows and the only crops that die in the winter are Jute.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Can we use the bees or you added forestry for another reason? We need wood slabs for the bee house but they have no recipe :S

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Can we use the bees or you added forestry for another reason? We need wood slabs for the bee house but they have no recipe :S

The first recipe I see is for TFC lumber instead of halfslabs. And im pretty sure I didnt add that one myself.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did add that recipe :p It should be in the most recent version already. If not it will be in the next one.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, the things from cog of the machine are almost useless right now, and the ores from it and steam are not in the dicc.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Today I thought I would put up a rough example of my ideas for the new Tech Tree for the mods and machines. Not all mods will fit nicely into any single Tier but will cross over between several.

• Tier 0: Very basic tools and devices for survival and simple crafting.
    • TFC
  • Tier 1: Gears, Pistons and simple machines that can be crafted by hand or through simple Blacksmithing.
    • Cogs of the Machine
    • Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Powered Mod
  • Tier 2: Complex devices crafted from Tier 1 parts and either Produce or Require power (RF) to operate.
    • Railcraft
    • Forestry
  • Tier 3: Intricate and very complex machines crafted by Tier 2 machines and require much larger amounts of power (RF)
    • Immersive Engineering
    • Magneticraft
  • Tier 3+: Consumes immense amounts of power (RF) and must be crafted by Tier 3 machines.
    • Buildcraft

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Today I thought I would put up a rough example of my ideas for the new Tech Tree for the mods and machines. Not all mods will fit nicely into any single Tier but will cross over between several.

• Tier 0: Very basic tools and devices for survival and simple crafting.
    • TFC
  • Tier 1: Gears, Pistons and simple machines that can be crafted by hand or through simple Blacksmithing.
    • Cogs of the Machine
    • Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Powered Mod
  • Tier 2: Complex devices crafted from Tier 1 parts and either Produce or Require power (RF) to operate.
    • Railcraft
    • Forestry
  • Tier 3: Intricate and very complex machines crafted by Tier 2 machines and require much larger amounts of power (RF)
    • Immersive Engineering
    • Magneticraft
  • Tier 3+: Consumes immense amounts of power (RF) and must be crafted by Tier 3 machines.
    • Buildcraft

My personal opinion on this:

PFWSP is quite OP in terms of its armor, I would put some of the armor modules in T3 and the jetpack to last tier.

Forestry offers some basics that could fit in T1. Like basic bee keeping and so. The autofarm would fit at the end of T2 nicely.

Buildcraft: which part of this mod are you thinking of? the pipe system should be T2 as it doesn't really add much value to the pack (there is no fluids to move except for water and oil). The quarry thingy is a lot more low tech than Inmersive Engineering. I would remove the generators/motors at all and work with energy generation from inmersive or railcraft (there is a steam engine I think)

Aside from the above, I think a good exercise is to match means to ends.
I mean, a lot of packs (and even mods themselves) suffer from: why would I want to build the big machine, that consumes a lot of power, if it only gives me more ores/power that I wouldn't need any more once I have the big machine :S

What I'm trying to say is, big machines and setups should be means, and not ends. Put them in intermediate tiers and use them to improve the quality of life (like the autofarm) or to allow getting gear to fight a dungeon, explore a dimension, etc.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Today on TFC Teusday!
hwr2jqvh.png

Flying Whales?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Should I wait for 2.0 to come (ETA?) or play current version?

I am trying to shoot for the end of the month. :D

I guess it really depends on what you want to get out of it, the pack is currently in a bit of a disarray while play testing uncovers more and more bugs. The new questbook is also disabled while I work on rearranging and simplifying it. So if you don't mind play testing or just practicing then feel free to jump in anytime. Or you can always wait for a more complete version in the next few weeks.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

Beengalas

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to shoot for the end of the month. :D

I guess it really depends on what you want to get out of it, the pack is currently in a bit of a disarray while play testing uncovers more and more bugs. The new questbook is also disabled while I work on rearranging and simplifying it. So if you don't mind play testing or just practicing then feel free to jump in anytime. Or you can always wait for a more complete version in the next few weeks.

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

Thanks. I'll wait for 2.0. :)