[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I'm playing with only ZombyAwareness disabled.

Do you get better numbers in your setup? Playing single-player is not an issue at all since even if the internal server skip ticks, the client handles that nicely and you wouldn't notice at all.

Btw, which OS and Java version are u testing on?

Yes, I have Win7 on my home PC with Java 8 something, but the servers I use are all Linux based Rent-A-Server with mostly low end packages. The servers do appear to struggle a bit, but I am not experiencing the FPS and Lag issues you have mentioned previously. Other than once last week when there were to many mobs spawning in the caves. But I do agree that the newest version of the pack is definitely not optimized and I really appreciate all of these comments as it helps me identify the current problems. I hope that the next update will have some of them taken care of ...

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have Win7 on my home PC with Java 8 something, but the servers I use are all Linux based Rent-A-Server with mostly low end packages. The servers do appear to struggle a bit, but I am not experiencing the FPS and Lag issues you have mentioned previously. Other than once last week when there were to many mobs spawning in the caves. But I do agree that the newest version of the pack is definitely not optimized and I really appreciate all of these comments as it helps me identify the current problems. I hope that the next update will have some of them taken care of ...
I'll run it on linux today after work to see how it does there :p

Opis throws some nice numbers. Firepits (even when out of wood) seem to be somewhat "slow". Idk if a furnace does better but since the pits are so easy/cheap to create, they are easy to spam (this is not something you can affect I assume).
Animals wise, seems the cow is the most expensive one :S

Loaded chunks wise, I decreased the spawn protected area to 1, and kept the view-distance at 4 yet opis reports 450+ chunks loaded just after starting the server and login in locally, really weird (I should compare with some other pack to see if there's a diff)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I'll run it on linux today after work to see how it does there :p

Loaded chunks wise, I decreased the spawn protected area to 1, and kept the view-distance at 4 yet opis reports 450+ chunks loaded just after starting the server and login in locally, really weird (I should compare with some other pack to see if there's a diff)

I honestly don't think Spawn chunks should be that high. I wonder if there is something in the ruins that is keeping them loaded? Possible the boss spawners. It might also be the pack is loading the spawn chunks for each Dim in the pack. If I am correct there should be 5 Dims including the Overworld.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly don't think Spawn chunks should be that high. I wonder if there is something in the ruins that is keeping them loaded? Possible the boss spawners. It might also be the pack is loading the spawn chunks for each Dim in the pack. If I am correct there should be 5 Dims including the Overworld.

Since I couldn't decrease the number of loaded chunks in the spawn, we simple moved the spawn to where our base is :p
This reduced the total loaded chunks by around 150 (still a little high with 300 loaded) but linux gives us that performance boost we needed for a somewhat "smooth" experience.
We have some lag spikes but overall playable.

Edit: 150 not 15 chunks

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Since I couldn't decrease the number of loaded chunks in the spawn, we simple moved the spawn to where our base is :p
This reduced the total loaded chunks by around 15 (still a little high with 300 loaded) but linux gives us that performance boost we needed for a somewhat "smooth" experience.
We have some lag spikes but overall playable.

Glad everything is working out for you :D

kandio

Jul 29, 2019
Playing this pack on my server, but having a problem. Cave ins don't happen? Gravity on sand works perfectly, but mining stone is too easy now. Don't need supports or anything because cave ins don't happen. Which kinde removes a lot of the tfc experience ;p

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
On the last (beta) version it works, although maybe not that much to be a real treat :S

Btw, all the mobs spawned by this crazy events (the ones with a voice announcer) have 20-30 hp which mean they can be 1-hitted with any tool :S

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Playing this pack on my server, but having a problem. Cave ins don't happen? Gravity on sand works perfectly, but mining stone is too easy now. Don't need supports or anything because cave ins don't happen. Which kinde removes a lot of the tfc experience ;p

That is really strange. I guess you could consider yourself very luck because I have never seen that before. There are options in the TFCconfigs file for adjusting cavins, my other guess would be to disable MultiMine.

On the last (beta) version it works, although maybe not that much to be a real treat :S

Btw, all the mobs spawned by this crazy events (the ones with a voice announcer) have 20-30 hp which mean they can be 1-hitted with any tool :S

There are still quite alot of mobs that I have to tweak. I suggest turning off those random events since they were never actually intended and drop alot of vanilla items that should not be in the game :(

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
There are still quite alot of mobs that I have to tweak. I suggest turning off those random events since they were never actually intended and drop alot of vanilla items that should not be in the game :(

The entire mod or is there a config to disable only the events?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
The entire mod or is there a config to disable only the events?

Yes, lycanitesmobs-mobevents.cfg controls all those events. I have changed their settings in the next update so they should be less obnoxious, but do not know how soon the update will come out. I am hoping for monday.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, lycanitesmobs-mobevents.cfg controls all those events. I have changed their settings in the next update so they should be less obnoxious, but do not know how soon the update will come out. I am hoping for monday.

Nice.

Btw, we are living in a huge island and for some reason, mobs seem to cluster in the coast (even on the water) rather than inland. Seems really weird and I never heard of a mod that would cause that but idk all the mods in this pack so I'm letting you know.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Nice.

Btw, we are living in a huge island and for some reason, mobs seem to cluster in the coast (even on the water) rather than inland. Seems really weird and I never heard of a mod that would cause that but idk all the mods in this pack so I'm letting you know.

That is one of the reasons why I dont recommend playing version 91 or 92. I think ive got most of the spawning issues under control in 93.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
That is one of the reasons why I dont recommend playing version 91 or 92. I think ive got most of the spawning issues under control in 93.

Did u consider the drawers mod for this pack? Seems low-tech enough and would fit in the cog/machine age nicely :p

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, running with this parameters on Java 8 made it 1000% FASTER.

Note that some may be unused (because I changed the GC to G1) and may not be supported by all machines.

Code:
java \
-Xms2G \
-Xmx8G \
-XX:+UseG1GC \
-XX:+UseStringDeduplication \
-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing \
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled \
-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 \
-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 \
-Xnoclassgc \
-oss4M \
-ss4M \
-XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods \
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 \
-XX:UseSSE=4 \
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 \
-XX:+AggressiveOpts \
-XX:+UseLargePages  \
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G \
-jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1566-1.7.10-universal.jar nogui

Reactions: OneWolfe

kandio

Jul 29, 2019
Oh btw the jack-o-lantern quest won't accept the jack-o-lanterns. I know I can easily bypass this with hqm edit but just you oughte know

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh btw the jack-o-lantern quest won't accept the jack-o-lanterns. I know I can easily bypass this with hqm edit but just you oughte know

The quest works fine, it always has! Have you tried giving it all 10 or just 1 at a time?

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I am running the current recommended version on ftb. I am not getting time and/or season shown in my hud. I didn't see any similar messages in this thread but it is possible that I just missed them.

Also, there a list of outdated mods running across the top of the screen that I am currently unable to remove.