[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
With that version of forge (and disabling tfcwatercomp) the server starts.

Here is a portion of the log of the previous error just as reference: http://pastebin.com/SvE1cXDF
But I think the problem was a script from other server. Since there is no "Download server" option in the launcher, I used the Technofirma server and moved the mods/configs, but I think the scripts folder was "merged" instead of just replacing it.

Which version of the pack are you using? I am seeing messages from mods that I have recently removed.

The Recommended version is pretty old and still buggy, but it has the most complete questbook. It is possible that the server download for that version is no longer available :(

The most recent versions are very broken, with lots of orphaned recipes and an incomplete questbook, They are really ment for testing in a creative world. However I think FTB may only provide the most recent server version for download, but I cant be certain if this is the case.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of the pack are you using? I am seeing messages from mods that I have recently removed.

The Recommended version is pretty old and still buggy, but it has the most complete questbook. It is possible that the server download for that version is no longer available :(

The most recent versions are very broken, with lots of orphaned recipes and an incomplete questbook, They are really ment for testing in a creative world. However I think FTB may only provide the most recent server version for download, but I cant be certain if this is the case.

Version 1.0.3 I think. Ftb launcher won't let me download any server for the pack.

Here is the crash log, client side: http://pastebin.com/JvR94B3e

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
So do the server and the client run fine on their own? My guess is that you need to have the same forge version on both the client at the server. For TFP 1.0.3 the forge version was 10.13.2.1340.
Oh, I'll try with that version.

Btw, last version in ftb (1.0.92) runs fine (server and client) but the console outputs:
[Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [toast.mobProperties._MobPropertiesMod:console:92]: [MobProperties] [ERROR] Attempted to override invalid attribute "generic.attackDamage" for EntityTFMistWolf['Mist Wolf'/43145, l='world', x=7566,50, y=38,00, z=-5208,50]
[14:16:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [toast.mobProperties._MobPropertiesMod:console:92]: [MobProperties] [ERROR] Attempted to override invalid attribute "generic.attackDamage" for EntityTFMistWolf['Mist Wolf'/44685, l='world', x=7465,50, y=125,00, z=-5226,50]
[14:16:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [toast.mobProperties._MobPropertiesMod:console:92]: [MobProperties] [ERROR] Attempted to override invalid attribute "generic.attackDamage" for EntityTFMazeSlime['Maze Slime'/45257, l='world', x=7459,50, y=102,00, z=-5226,50]
[14:16:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [toast.mobProperties._MobPropertiesMod:console:92]: [MobProperties] [ERROR] Attempted to override invalid attribute "generic.attackDamage" for EntityTFMistWolf['Mist Wolf'/45270, l='world', x=7448,50, y=125,00, z=-5222,50]
[14:16:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [toast.mobProperties._MobPropertiesMod:console:92]: [MobProperties] [ERROR] Attempted to override invalid attribute "generic.attackDamage" for EntityTFMistWolf['Mist Wolf'/45388, l='world', x=7698,50, y=152,00, z=-5118,50]
[14:16:39] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [toast.mobProperties._MobPropertiesMod:console:92]: [MobProperties] [ERROR] Attempted to override invalid attribute "generic.attackDamage" for EntityTFMazeSlime['Maze Slime'/46024, l='world', x=7618,50, y=143,00, z=-5160,50]

And the avg time per tick is like 60-70ms :S

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I'll try with that version.

Btw, last version in ftb (1.0.92) runs fine (server and client) but the console outputs:

And the avg time per tick is like 60-70ms :S

Like I mentioned those are just test version. 1.0.92 has a major issue with mobs spawning in caves and not despawning naturally, so they can easily overwhelm a server. Yet a single player client will never run into this problem. For now you can try disabling the JustAnotherSpawner mod.

If you want to eliminate that string of error messages, simply go into /configs/MobProperties/TwilightForest/ and delete the three files: HostileWolf, MistWolf and MazeSlime.

But the questbook is broken in this version and really isn't suggested for long term play throughs.

And unfortunately the 1.0.3 version is so old and out of date that there isn't any support for the mods in that state.

Last edited:

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Like I mentioned those are just test version. 1.0.92 has a major issue with mobs spawning in caves and not despawning naturally, so they can easily overwhelm a server. Yet a single player client will never run into this problem. For now you can try disabling the JustAnotherSpawner mod.

If you want to eliminate that string of error messages, simply go into /configs/MobProperties/TwilightForest/ and delete the three files: HostileWolf, MistWolf and MazeSlime.

But the questbook is broken in this version and really isn't suggested for long term play throughs.

And unfortunately the 1.0.3 version is so old and out of date that there isn't any support for the mods in that state.

Ok, good to know, thx for the support.

Any ETA on v2.0? We won't be making any fast progress so maybe you are done with it before we break the book :p

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, good to know, thx for the support.

Any ETA on v2.0? We won't be making any fast progress so maybe you are done with it before we break the book :p

Well, I really cant give an exact time, but I have only been working on 2.0 since New Years but I believe I am somewhere around halfway or almost 2/3rds through the tech tree. So I still have all the End Game stuff to figure out, plus some special bonuses that I would like to have ironed out before I can make an official release. But solely based on my current progress I would guess on at least another month. I do have a couple other people helping out this time around so I should be able to keep on top of things better than it was last year. That is just an rough estimation though, I really want to make sure that everything is well set in place first so it may take more time to get it just right. My biggest issue with the early versions of the pack was that none of the End Game Content was ever tested, and much of it either didn't work at all or was completely unbalanced. So this time around I am trying to get more play testing done and trying to focus more on the End Game stuff. I really don't want to release an incomplete pack again.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I really cant give an exact time, but I have only been working on 2.0 since New Years but I believe I am somewhere around halfway or almost 2/3rds through the tech tree. So I still have all the End Game stuff to figure out, plus some special bonuses that I would like to have ironed out before I can make an official release. But solely based on my current progress I would guess on at least another month. I do have a couple other people helping out this time around so I should be able to keep on top of things better than it was last year. That is just an rough estimation though, I really want to make sure that everything is well set in place first so it may take more time to get it just right. My biggest issue with the early versions of the pack was that none of the End Game Content was ever tested, and much of it either didn't work at all or was completely unbalanced. So this time around I am trying to get more play testing done and trying to focus more on the End Game stuff. I really don't want to release an incomplete pack again.

Yeah, I completely understand you (I'm a software developer and made a pack back in the day to play with some friends, the end-game stuff broke the pack, we were like walking gods... XD).
Any estimate is just that, an estimate with a buffer of +/- weeks.
Anyway, do you think the "early game" stuff is more or less stable or is that likely to change too?

Edit: of the top of your head, any mods that add only "decorations/aesthetics" and can be disabled for speed?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: of the top of your head, any mods that add only "decorations/aesthetics" and can be disabled for speed?

Start with all the Client only mods listed above.
Better Foliage is probably the biggest killer of FPS, try adding Optifine as well. Streams can go too, but you need to take it off the server and client, and make sure to get the FarSeek library mod too. Not sure what else can help, above adding ALOT more Ram. I think the FTB default is very low because TFC uses a lot of Ram all on its own.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Start with all the Client only mods listed above.
Better Foliage is probably the biggest killer of FPS, try adding Optifine as well. Streams can go too, but you need to take it off the server and client, and make sure to get the FarSeek library mod too. Not sure what else can help, above adding ALOT more Ram. I think the FTB default is very low because TFC uses a lot of Ram all on its own.
Ops, sorry, I mean, server speed, FTS is not an issue :p

Even running on an I7 + 32Gb (8Gb to server) + SSD the avg tick time is around 50-70ms so it starts skipping and the lag is terrible T_T

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Even running on an I7 + 32Gb (8Gb to server) + SSD the avg tick time is around 50-70ms so it starts skipping and the lag is terrible T_T

I did mention this before, mobs are spawning out of control and not despawning naturally.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

If you could do me a favor and try running the server with ONLY TFC installed?

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
If you could do me a favor and try running the server with ONLY TFC installed?
Already disabled the AnotherSpawner mod but performance barely changed (the world is very new and we played for 5 mins or so trying to NOT generate more chunks). But indeed, the error message are no more.

Then, trying with only this mods:
Bsv08FK.png

Performance seems "playable in multiplayer" (depending on how we define it) with around 8ms for a single player, so I expect it to be under 20 for 2 player (its just a friend and me :p)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Already disabled the AnotherSpawner mod but performance barely changed (the world is very new and we played for 5 mins or so trying to NOT generate more chunks). But indeed, the error message are no more.
Performance seems "playable in multiplayer" (depending on how we define it) with around 8ms for a single player, so I expect it to be under 20 for 2 player (its just a friend and me :p)

Um, is this your home PC? And your running the client from the same machine? I would NEVER consider doing that with any mod pack on the market right now, even with my brand new PC, its just not designed to handle the load most mod packs will put on it. And TFC alone is a massive hog especially with its Amplified world gen. That is why I am curious how the machine handles TFC by itself, and I am betting the performance will remain roughly the same.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Um, is this your home PC? And your running the client from the same machine? I would NEVER consider doing that with any mod pack on the market right now, even with my brand new PC, its just not designed to handle the load most mod packs will put on it. And TFC alone is a massive hog especially with its Amplified world gen. That is why I am curious how the machine handles TFC by itself, and I am betting the performance will remain roughly the same.

I'm testing on my pc but we have a dedicated one. After killing some entities with opis, 1.0.92 seems to be playable with 2 people. We are transferring to the dedicated box now. I wouldn't expect a big diff in performance though, the CPU never gets max out (only 2 cores) and 32Gb of ram is enough to run both. The only potential bottleneck is the CPU cache and bus.
I'll let u know once its running on the other pc.

Some quick and maybe unrelated questions. I decreased the view-distance of the server from 10 to 4 but opis still reports 380 chucks are loaded.... is any of the mods chunk loading some area?
What is the TTL (time to live) of the tile entities? Opis reports like 90 stacks of bones/meat/leather around. Do you know where can I change this?
Finally, there a lot of bats (30 in a 4 chunk radius) and squids, do any of the mods allow to change their spawn rate?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm testing on my pc but we have a dedicated one. After killing some entities with opis, 1.0.92 seems to be playable with 2 people. We are transferring to the dedicated box now. I wouldn't expect a big diff in performance though, the CPU never gets max out (only 2 cores) and 32Gb of ram is enough to run both. The only potential bottleneck is the CPU cache and bus.
I'll let u know once its running on the other pc.

Some quick and maybe unrelated questions. I decreased the view-distance of the server from 10 to 4 but opis still reports 380 chucks are loaded.... is any of the mods chunk loading some area?
What is the TTL (time to live) of the tile entities? Opis reports like 90 stacks of bones/meat/leather around. Do you know where can I change this?
Finally, there a lot of bats (30 in a 4 chunk radius) and squids, do any of the mods allow to change their spawn rate?

mmm thought I disabled bats?
I think one of the TFC configs might control the TTL, and all spawning is, or should be, under the JustAnotherSpawner mod, however Lycanites seems to have a mind of its own sometimes and spawns things where they shouldnt be :p

Thanks for letting me know about the Squids, I hadnt considered them a problem before.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Decreased the view-distance of the server from 10 to 4 but opis still reports 380 chucks are loaded.... is any of the mods chunk loading some area?
I've read in a number of places the Minecraft itself keeps a number of chunks loaded around wherever the spawnpoint is. 17x17 chunks is what I've seen mentioned most although everybody doesn't seem to be in agreement.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
mmm thought I disabled bats?
I think one of the TFC configs might control the TTL, and all spawning is, or should be, under the JustAnotherSpawner mod, however Lycanites seems to have a mind of its own sometimes and spawns things where they shouldnt be :p

Thanks for letting me know about the Squids, I hadnt considered them a problem before.

Ok, the dedicated machine is no good, the processor is worst than mine so we are playing with the server on my machine :p
After deactivating ZombyAwareness, it became playable for 2 players (not in lan) with only some skipped ticks when generating a bunch of chunks or messing with the physics too much.
The monsters seems to move quite oddly (even before disabling the above mod), like "in turns", even if I'm alone and with 0 lag. Do you have some pathfinding mod in there?

Btw, logs can be placed like the normal minecraft logs (no physics) is that a bug or intentional?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
The monsters seems to move quite oddly (even before disabling the above mod), like "in turns", even if I'm alone and with 0 lag. Do you have some pathfinding mod in there?

Only ZombieAwareness and Herdcraft effect pathing that I am aware of, while Herdcraft should only effect passives.

Honestly it really sounds like your computer Can Not handle this kind of mod pack and I strongly suggest that you stick with playing TerraFirmaCraft by itself, especially if you have never played with TFC before. TFP is really ment for people who have done everything in TFC and are looking for more of a challenge. That and it sounds like you have ripped so much out of the pack already that its not really TFP anymore :'(

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
Only ZombieAwareness and Herdcraft effect pathing that I am aware of, while Herdcraft should only effect passives.

Honestly it really sounds like your computer Can Not handle this kind of mod pack and I strongly suggest that you stick with playing TerraFirmaCraft by itself, especially if you have never played with TFC before. TFP is really ment for people who have done everything in TFC and are looking for more of a challenge. That and it sounds like you have ripped so much out of the pack already that its not really TFP anymore :'(

Oh, I'm playing with only ZombyAwareness disabled.

Well, my pc has a quad core I7 (last generation), 32Gb of ram, SSD, dedicated nvidia (870 with 3Gb dedicated memory), so... if that computer can't take 2 players with the full pack, which could?
The dedicated machine we tried to use has a quad core I7 (previous generation), 8Gb ram and was running only the server.

Do you get better numbers in your setup? Playing single-player is not an issue at all since even if the internal server skip ticks, the client handles that nicely and you wouldn't notice at all.

Btw, which OS and Java version are u testing on?