[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a changelog for this version? :p

um ... a lot of work was done ...
Most of what I have been doing recently has been testing to see if I can even make all the new mods even work at all in TFC. There really isn't any official version as of yet because right now more than 75% of what I have added isn't even configured and only works half the time in creative but I can provide a list of the tech mods added.

New Mods coming out in TFP 2.0:
Immersive Engineering
Magneticraft
Steamcraft2
Forestry
Ex-Nihilo
Electrical Age
(Some Surprise Mods That I Hope You Will Like) ;)

Mods removed:
RotaryCraft
ElectriCraft
MeteorCraft
CritterPets

New Features Added in TFP 2.0
Mob Spawning is now Biome Dependent (Warning, Some Biomes may be much more Dangerous than others)
Mob Dependent Crafting Recipes (Mob Farming will be required for Tech Progression)
More Interesting Boss Fights (Someone Pointed out to me that the Twilight Forest Bosses are a Bit Dull, and I do not disagree with that statement)
Necromancy Minions will require Clockwork Technology in order to craft so they fit better with the SteamPunk Theme
More Ruins and Dungeons to explore
Tech will be more Interdependent and require a lot of crossing over and not have such a smooth straight forward linear path

I can probably post something more comprehensive once I am ready to post a full version of 2.0.

Thank you for everyone helping me and giving these intermediate versions a try :D

Shunkaha

Jul 29, 2019
Hi OneWolfe,

I really love your modpack. And I'm really excited to play the 2.0
I would like to know if you plan to release a serverpack as well ?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi OneWolfe,

I really love your modpack. And I'm really excited to play the 2.0
I would like to know if you plan to release a serverpack as well ?

Thank you :D

A serverpack? The server files should be available from the launcher. The only difference should be that I have removed all of the Client-Only mods such as Dynamic Lighting and Back Tools. If you cant find the Server Download please let me know.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
um ... a lot of work was done ...
Most of what I have been doing recently has been testing to see if I can even make all the new mods even work at all in TFC. There really isn't any official version as of yet because right now more than 75% of what I have added isn't even configured and only works half the time in creative but I can provide a list of the tech mods added.

Thank you for everyone helping me and giving these intermediate versions a try :D

I also wanted to add that I fixed the Damage Values for the Guns in Flaxbeard's Steam Power. The Blunderbuss is extremely Over Powered right now, but I thought it was worth testing to see how the high damage balances out with the scarcity and cost of ammo.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a screenshot from this weekend's test world

vDcR4Joh.png

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Your test world doesn't seem to have the pack of helmet crabs that assaulted my beachfront encampment.

L

lifeofsenpai

Mr. One Wolfe, would you be able to explain what you did to get IE to work with TFC. I've been trying to get them compatible for ages.

L

lifeofsenpai

Quick reply and right to the point, wasn't expecting that. I'm guessing the only way to make them compatible is through black magic.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Mr. One Wolfe, would you be able to explain what you did to get IE to work with TFC. I've been trying to get them compatible for ages.

I have not had any issues with Immersive Engineering so far. The Water Wheel and Windmills seem to work just fine, however if your still having troubles try installing TFC-Tweaks http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/...eaks-unifies-water-auto-food-merge-on-pickup/ As for the crafting recipes it has been a long arduous road with hours of scripting and re-scripting in MineTweaker to get to a point where I am happy with the tech progression. Immersive Engineering is not a mod that can be simply plugged into TFC like Flaxbeard's was, but I feel that for an end game tech it is worth rewriting all the recipes into TFC equivalents.

Please note that everything in that picture was build in Creative solely for the purpose of testing and recipe creation.

By the way, exactly what issues are you running into with IE? IE works well for me because I have several other mods installed that compliment and enhance its functionality. Although its not in my pack at the moment there is a mod I found called Dust To Dust that should allow IE to grind and smelt TFC ores. I also hope that ModTweaker can add IE support soon so we will be able to add or alter the recipes it's machines can produce.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
in ftb launcher download button grey ( can it be downloaded somewhere aslo?

I made sure to include the server files when I posted the update to FTB so I dont understand why the button is grey. This has happened a few times in the past and I am not impressed. For now just use the client download and remove all of the client only mods:
ArmorStausHUD
DamageIndicators
BackTools
DynamicLights
SoundFilters

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
I made sure to include the server files when I posted the update to FTB so I dont understand why the button is grey. This has happened a few times in the past and I am not impressed. For now just use the client download and remove all of the client only mods:
ArmorStausHUD
DamageIndicators
BackTools
DynamicLights
SoundFilters

Coulnd't get a server to start, which version of forge should be used?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Coulnd't get a server to start, which version of forge should be used?

I believe I am using 1566, yet ive never had any issues with anything newer. Its possible I missed a client only mod in that list, the server log usually puts up a big RED error message when it encounters them so they shouldn't be hard to spot.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
I believe I am using 1566, yet ive never had any issues with anything newer. Its possible I missed a client only mod in that list, the server log usually puts up a big RED error message when it encounters them so they shouldn't be hard to spot.
Nope, it outputs an error with minetweker3 saying there's an error with an operand and then prints a memory dump (all hexa) and no crash report is logged :S

I'll try with that version and post again.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, it outputs an error with minetweker3 saying there's an error with an operand and then prints a memory dump (all hexa) and no crash report is logged :S

I'll try with that version and post again.

That is really strange, I have not seen MineTweaker cause the server to fail before. In the /root minecraft folder on your server their should be a folder called /logs. Under that folder should be a file called Latest_Log or something like that. The memory dump is MineTweaker saying it cant find and item or block id, its is pretty common if mods are removed or updated. You can try deleting the Scripts folder and see if the server is still crashing.

Also check under /mods/1.7.10/ for a mod that looks like bskpr ... something something something. I don't remember the correct spelling, but I believe it is a client only mod.

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
That is really strange, I have not seen MineTweaker cause the server to fail before. In the /root minecraft folder on your server their should be a folder called /logs. Under that folder should be a file called Latest_Log or something like that. The memory dump is MineTweaker saying it cant find and item or block id, its is pretty common if mods are removed or updated. You can try deleting the Scripts folder and see if the server is still crashing.

Also check under /mods/1.7.10/ for a mod that looks like bskpr ... something something something. I don't remember the correct spelling, but I believe it is a client only mod.

With that version of forge (and disabling tfcwatercomp) the server starts.

Here is a portion of the log of the previous error just as reference: http://pastebin.com/SvE1cXDF
But I think the problem was a script from other server. Since there is no "Download server" option in the launcher, I used the Technofirma server and moved the mods/configs, but I think the scripts folder was "merged" instead of just replaced.

Edit: the server and client crashes when trying to login, here is the log: http://pastebin.com/Wmgd1ee8

Last edited: