[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
I love this mudpack, but I would love it more if tinkers construct was up to date.
all of the mod seem to be updated when the Author Updates the pack.
so just wait until a Update comes.
The mod pack has the latest version of tinkers construct, so i have no idea what your on about :p

abf90d765211751f1f6666e7b9e13707.png

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Per MJRLegend's request, I've cleaned up a bunch of posts in this thread. In the future, please be sure to use his issue tracker as mentioned in the OP instead of posting issues here

Reactions: MJRLegends

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Just an FYI for anyone finding issues with tracking down an issue: By default, the github MJRLegends has set up automatically adds into the search box "is issue is open" - in order to find your issue in closed issues, this text should be removed. That explains why I wasn't finding it, and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to MJRLegends by my not seeing this text that appears to be auto-added in his github's search box. I would recommend he look into seeing if that default text could be removed, if possible, as it would make finding closed issues on his github much easier.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Just an FYI for anyone finding issues with tracking down an issue: By default, the github MJRLegends has set up automatically adds into the search box "is issue is open" - in order to find your issue in closed issues, this text should be removed. That explains why I wasn't finding it, and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to MJRLegends by my not seeing this text that appears to be auto-added in his github's search box. I would recommend he look into seeing if that default text could be removed, if possible, as it would make finding closed issues on his github much easier.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
That's default github behavior. I'm pretty sure you can't turn it off. You can just click the closed button to view closed issues.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

That's default github behavior. I'm pretty sure you can't turn it off. You can just click the closed button to view closed issues.
Yeah thats right :p

U

Unistic

Again, Awesome pack. I read through your change-log that says more to come. I like this pack cause it has unique mods that other packs don't included like Advanced Genetics. I'm nearing my version of endgame soon and I'm wondering are you adding any other unique or useful mods to the pack. Me personally I prefer building structures using different mods and in different location around reason for choosing this pack is because of Galaticraft/Planets so I can build throughout the galaxy. Obviously as a modpack builder you don't want to bog down your pack with too many mods that it would lag out servers. Still I like to suggest some mods that I think would fit into the pack but not that you should necessarily add them but hey if you need suggestions :D. :

Matter Overdrive - this mod screams space plus you get to become an Android.... an Android

RF Tools - just one of my favorite mods of all time, good for early game storage, unique tools, and unique/balance mob spawner system (suggest to disable dimension builder for servers and it can make resource gathering too easy i love it though)

Ztones- because I love building who doesn't it allows more creative options.

Buildcraft Compact- buildcraft support mod that allows you to move/build structure faster if you're familiar with the builder.

Securitycraft - rarely seen but a fun mod to play with

Ancient Warfar - fun, unique, rarely seen

Practical Logistics- very unique mod, fun to use in design and early game organization of ores,items, chests, etc

Nuclearcraft,Rotarycraft,Electricraft (triple threat)- these mods are supposedly hard to get into but i find them fun and good for a tech pack. Have you ever tried building a nuclear reactor on a space station (fun!)

Note: these are only suggestions to take with a grain of salt. I love the pack as is and just throwing stuff out. I honestly have no complete. One of my favorite modpacks I've every played. Great job!

logdogzip

Jul 29, 2019
Matter Overdrive
RF Tools
Practical Logistics
Nuclearcraft
I especially agree with these. Matter Overdrive adds cool things, but the Android part is the selling point.

RFTools is a very well made mod - there's a certain professionalism about it, and as Unistic01 says, there's just alot of nice content.

Practical Logistics is something new and interesting, but very powerful and functional there's so much integration and I think it's an underused gem.

I have to say though, that NuclearCraft is now one of my favourites - I wasn't too disappointed when it was removed before - I could understand the move at the time, with better power gen options available. However, this mod has changed a lot over the last couple of months, and it would be awesome to bring it back with all of the new updates. I think this is one of the most underused mods there are.
The new fission and fusion mechanics as well as all of the machines, the epic particle accelerator and all the crazy little gimmicks on the side makes it, for me, now better than Big Reactors, and is certainly not OP - you need to really think about logistics and your setup to get the most out of it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
He's already said no to RFTools because it's every single other mod pack around. I'm not quite sure how Matter Overdrive would fit the pack, unless some of the stuff was confined to other worlds.

U

Unistic

He's already said no to RFTools because it's every single other mod pack around. I'm not quite sure how Matter Overdrive would fit the pack, unless some of the stuff was confined to other worlds.

Not a bad idea to confine the ore spawn of Overdrive to other planets besides the Overworld. Gives players more a reason to space explore and mine besides looking for schematics. (of course all of this is hypothetical talk) if anything i'm hoping on the return of reactor/rotarycraft xD was one of the many reason i started this pack.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
He's already said no to RFTools because it's every single other mod pack around

Doesn't sound like a valid reason to not add it.
Would be like not using NEI because to many other packs use it.
The more Packs in which you can find RFTools, the more you know that it's a freakin' good Mod. xD

i'm hoping on the return of reactor/rotarycraft xD was one of the many reason i started this pack.
irk,
I am happy with the Pack as it is.
I'm just hoping for AOBD,
Magneticraft (but that's more like a Industry mod, so it doesn't fit with Space),
GalaxySpace (It's better than the MorePlanets Addon in many ways...),
or the Edited Minechem Config so that the Machines accept more Power.

*cough*
okkaaaaay, now that MJRlegends is gonna be Angry for Suggestions or something, i'm gonna play Terraria, see ya.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It's a perfectly valid reason, because it makes this pack different from all the others out there. NEI doesn't really add bloat to the pack the way RFTools does with it's quarter of a bajillion dimlets everywhere. It's non-stacking dimlets. It's perhaps too good in other respects.

You'll never see GalaxySpace, since MJR is the author of More Planets.

Might get the Edited Configs, and I think he's got his own version of something like AOBD.

He seems perfectly amenable to suggestions, it's bug reports he hates.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
ok, fair enough. but you can use the Config to Disable Dimlet Loot in Chests, or the Dimensions altogether if that's the Difference, cuz i like the Crafter and the RFMonitor... and Screens
(don't tell him i said something abd about MorePlanets... xD)

U

Unistic

Yeah I stated that as well that rf tools dimension builder as a whole could be disabled with mindtwerker. That's not why we want the mod. the autocrat, the screens that look amazing when you build a spacestation, the builder that allows you to create shapes of multiple sizes that makes building easier espcially on hostile planets or in space. The builder does with the openblock enhanced builder can't do on servers. Some of you guys see RF Tools and freak out cause you think oh dimension builder means easier to obtain ores etc. But that's not the best part of RF tools that's just what most people are familiar with.

Anyways I was only giving out suggestions. Also rotarycraft/reactorcraft was in the pack initially before the conflict with servers (now fixed) gave him the reason to remove it. If it didn't happen I'm sure those mods would still be in the pack xD

OkieTheWarlock

Jul 29, 2019
So I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but on the official server, my base was completely raided. Every little thing was taken, my smeltery, my reactor, everything. I know exactly who did it because in my entire time on the server, I only /trusted one pesron. Of course he's trying to deny any involvement, but bases just don't disappear on their own.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
So I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but on the official server, my base was completely raided. Every little thing was taken, my smeltery, my reactor, everything. I know exactly who did it because in my entire time on the server, I only /trusted one pesron. Of course he's trying to deny any involvement, but bases just don't disappear on their own.
If it was claimed there wouldnt be a griefing issue.... and no its kinda not the correct place

greenowl77

Jul 29, 2019
So quick question, I was trying to plant some water crops- cranberry, water chestnut and seaweed. They are supposed to go on dirt under water (according to Pam's wiki), but I can't get them to plant there. They will plant on farmland but whenever they should grow they disappear. It's not game breaking or anything but does anyone have a solution for this?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
So quick question, I was trying to plant some water crops- cranberry, water chestnut and seaweed. They are supposed to go on dirt under water (according to Pam's wiki), but I can't get them to plant there. They will plant on farmland but whenever they should grow they disappear. It's not game breaking or anything but does anyone have a solution for this?

For the seaweed seed, according to the wiki, you need to plant it on a water source block that has a solid block below it. I'm not sure about the others but if that works for the seaweed seed, try the others and see if you can get any of them to work on water. :D Another wiki article also claimed the Cranberry seed should be plantable on farmland, so maybe that's a bug? If it is, you should go and check you-know-where to find out if you should submit a bug report or not. ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I had a similar problem with Cactus Fruit, where it would plant but then die. I just figured it wouldn't grow outside a desert.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this pack, wihing there were more galactic packs out there! But one thing I have noticed is that one of the most basic things seems to not be configured, at least on my end: There's Bauxtite, Aluminum (Tinker's) Aluminum (Galacticraft) all spawning together, as well as Oil (Buildcraft), Oil (Galacticraft) and Oil (Mekanism) all spawning in the world together. The same problem is unfortunately happening with Nickel Ore and Ferrous Ore!

If you want more Oil, might I suggest making the pack's default config have more Buildcraft geysers appear? Mekanism oil spawns in bubbles underground with no way to tell it's there until you dig into it, Galacticraft's oil spawns in tiny pools above ground, so essentially Buildcraft's geysers seem to be the best bet for Oil.

If you need any help, I could easily tell you the exact line to modify to remove the added ore and oil spawns (Going to do it now in my world and then starting over). I'd also love to help in any capacity for the modpack itself, so if you need some help with the quests, describing them or anything like that, hit me up!

Also, final thing, a suggestion: ExtraTIC and IguanaTweaks would be awesome to add into this modpack, as well as HungerOverhaul. I added all three of those myself, and it's going great! HungerOverhaul is not for everyone though, so I'd understand if it wasn't added in, but ExtraTIC is a definite must, allowing you to make tool parts out of Osmium, Yellorite, and many other metals that you have in the mod right now. IguanaTWeaks is just great for the bility to swap out parts, and the leveling system, but it can be a bit immersion breaking as well, so it's not quite needed.