[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah, I see. I presumed you'd added SFM to the pack.

Transfer nodes are very fast, though they need speed upgrades for best effect and those are a bit expensive. Stack upgrades can also help, so it moves entire stacks in one draw.

EnderIO, slow? It used to be, but now you can add speed upgrades and it instantly moves stacks.

I've never quite understood why some people store things as dusts. All it does is add crafting lag, though I suppose some of it is an IC2 hold-over from when it couldn't eject anything on it's own.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see. I presumed you'd added SFM to the pack.

Transfer nodes are very fast, though they need speed upgrades for best effect and those are a bit expensive. Stack upgrades can also help, so it moves entire stacks in one draw.

EnderIO, slow? It used to be, but now you can add speed upgrades and it instantly moves stacks.

I've never quite understood why some people store things as dusts. All it does is add crafting lag, though I suppose some of it is an IC2 hold-over from when it couldn't eject anything on it's own.

Simpler to set up and expand in my situation. Apart from that, some recipes require dusts so it's handy to have a few to hand.

I'll maybe play around with those nodes then - and EnderIO tubes! Thanks for the tips.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Less Steps.
i started Storing Certus Dust in my ME instead of the Quartz itself.
it is Much Easier to use the Dust, since it just need a Enriching Factory to make the Crystals, when needed.
the same might apply to some Other Materials.
also, i always used that Setup. Never had ANY lag with Export Busses. plus, it's easier to setup. usually i use Enrichting Factories for All Common Ores. and one SAG Mill for more Rare Ores. which Reduces the amount of Machines and Channels. but Still works very good.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Wonder, did the pack author nerf Mekanism generators? I have a reactor going at Injection of 4 and instead of 400 kRF/t, i'm only getting around 150 kRF/t.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I suspect that was a change in Mekanism itself, since the update to Mek 9. Try out it's turbine instead for better power generation.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure isn't a change on the mod, as you can see the reactor itself says it can make 400 Krf/t, but for some reason is stuck at 149 krf/t.

5OkEjEW.png

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
The issue I'm having is that I can't extract from a chest as fast as I can process the materials in the pulverisers and furnaces - not that the furnaces themselves are too slow.
I usually have several tens of resonant machines with all speed upgrades but I've got just 16 basic pulverisers at the moment and the impulse itemduct with a resonant servo on the chest can't keep up with the pulverisers.

Don't use a servo from your chest, use a retriever on each destination machine. You can then limit the # of items in each machine so that your machines work as parallel as possible. Best way to keep all your machines busy in an efficient manner, AND be infinitely expandable without putting strain on that single servo.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
Don't use a servo from your chest, use a retriever on each destination machine. You can then limit the # of items in each machine so that your machines work as parallel as possible. Best way to keep all your machines busy in an efficient manner, AND be infinitely expandable without putting strain on that single servo.

Hmmm... I guess that would work - but it's going to become a bit tedious when I've got 50 furnaces and 50 pulverisers...

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I still suggest swapping to a speed and energy maxxed 3x Mekanism chain would be quicker. Each Elite Factory is 7 lines through a single machine. And they can auto balance. So you could have four Pulverizers around a single elite factory if you want the TE Bonus dusts. Combined with EnderIO's single block conduits, you could have 10 machines in a 3x3x3 cube.

What are you mining with anyway?

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
I still suggest swapping to a speed and energy maxxed 3x Mekanism chain would be quicker. Each Elite Factory is 7 lines through a single machine. And they can auto balance. So you could have four Pulverizers around a single elite factory if you want the TE Bonus dusts. Combined with EnderIO's single block conduits, you could have 10 machines in a 3x3x3 cube.

What are you mining with anyway?

I've never really used Mekanism's stuff before - I've always played the "Ultimate", "Unleashed", "Infinity" packs and they never include Mekanism. I'm finding it really interesting though, I have to say. The only mods so far in this pack that I've disliked the lack of are: RFTools, Draconic Evolution and Steve's Factory Manager. Though two of those are kinda magic-y so I guess that's why they're not in it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've come to firmly despise RFTools. I'm glad it's not in this pack. Draconic... it's cool, but it heavily cranks the power skywards. Steve's Factory Manager I've played with a few times, but only ever found slightly useful.

Mekanism I've used a few times, and very much come to love. Atomic Disassembler, Jetpack, Flamethrower. And what can ultimately become 5x ore processing, are just so much fun to use. Jetpack is slow, so it's not a preferred travel method, but it's got an absolutely amazing hover.

M

mijaileitor

Hey I'm from Spain and i just started a new series about that mod pack! here's the video :

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
I've come to firmly despise RFTools. I'm glad it's not in this pack. Draconic... it's cool, but it heavily cranks the power skywards. Steve's Factory Manager I've played with a few times, but only ever found slightly useful.

Mekanism I've used a few times, and very much come to love. Atomic Disassembler, Jetpack, Flamethrower. And what can ultimately become 5x ore processing, are just so much fun to use. Jetpack is slow, so it's not a preferred travel method, but it's got an absolutely amazing hover.

What makes you hate RFTools? I found it to be a very useful mod in my limited experience.
Draconic Evolution just means I can easily (once I've mined enough Draconium) store 2 trillion RF. More than I'm likely to ever need depending on how hardcore I go with MFR lasers and Ender Quarries.
SFM is incredibly useful for several situations. When I first saw it, I didn't really think much of it but I figured out how it works and then spent a bit of time setting up some different systems with it. I've barely used all of its capabilities, but just the fact that it can handle the throughput of 1000 machines is enough to make me excited.... Haha! It's also awesomely useful to automate AE Inscribers and AE's "world crafting".

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Aside from being in every pack? Same initial complaint I had about Mystcraft, which was the void worlds. People who go to all the effort to make a void world, which negates all the interesting Terrain generation, in the name of not lagging, which is fine, and then proceed to cram all their everything in the smallest possible space, and then wonder why the void world is lagging. I had a similar complaint about Mystcraft, but that was much harder to get a stable world in, even a void world, so it wasn't as dislikable.

Draconic is fine, but I can't imagine why I'd want to store that much RF, except for the one experiment with a Reactorcraft Tokamak. If I can generate enough to fill it, I have no need to store that much to begin with.

SFM's use with AE is filled out by AE2Stuff. Auto Inscriber, and Crystal Growth Chamber both fix the silly sidedness, and world crafting issues resepectively.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
"world crafting".

you do know that we have AE2stuff for that Installed?
i just say Crystal Growth Chamber :p

but, i would be for RFtools. Even if it had no Dimensions. The Sceens, RF Monitor, Force Field, Crafter. all Very Awesome Machines.
and DrEvo. is a Mid/End-Game mod for Easy RF Storage and Powerful Gear. it would Kinda Destroy the pack.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
you do know that we have AE2stuff for that Installed?
i just say Crystal Growth Chamber :p

but, i would be for RFtools. Even if it had no Dimensions. The Sceens, RF Monitor, Force Field, Crafter. all Very Awesome Machines.
and DrEvo. is a Mid/End-Game mod for Easy RF Storage and Powerful Gear. it would Kinda Destroy the pack.

Oh, don't you worry - I've figured that out. That thing is a BEAST! The advanced inscribers are not too difficult to automate either - but I still prefer SFM.

M

MyPokeballzHurt

@MJRLegends , Would it be possible to have a list or something of the quests? I've been playing on the default server and HQM is disabled and I'd like to have some kind of guide.

P

ptacca442

i see a youtube channel and he makes video in this mode pack an d i like it so i will dowload

T

Tr1skaid3ka

Hey, I've been playing this pack for a while and I love it, but there's a lot of key conflicts by default. I've been changing them one by one as I run into problems, but I'd like to know if anybody has their key bindings set up to remove all conflicts for this modpack, if you did, I'd like to see your set-up for it if you don't mind sharing. Don't have to give me files or anything just screenshots of the whole controls screen under spoiler would be fine.

Of course I could do my own but I don't want to take the time if somebody already has a good set of controls for this modpack.

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but it seemed like it was. Also sorry if anybody has posted one before hand, I didn't read the thread, did however do a ctrl + f for "key binding" on each page of the thread and found nothing but I could see it being called controls or what have you as well...