[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Maridia

Loving this mod so far, but am starting to feel the wear and tear of surface travel. Are there any portal-type items in this pack, that I can use to teleport back to my base when I'm away?

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this mod so far, but am starting to feel the wear and tear of surface travel. Are there any portal-type items in this pack, that I can use to teleport back to my base when I'm away?

hmm, some servers have a "/home" function.
but well, you are just gonna need a Waypoint.
Since i never had the Problem, and besides you always caring a Telepad and Tesseract for Power with you, i can't see a Teleportation way to get to your Base.

If you want more Oil, might I suggest making the pack's default config have more Buildcraft geysers appear? Mekanism oil spawns in bubbles underground with no way to tell it's there until you dig into it, Galacticraft's oil spawns in tiny pools above ground, so essentially Buildcraft's geysers seem to be the best bet for Oil.

wtf, ok first:
BC Oil spawns as Geysers and Lakes on the Surface, and GC Spawns as Bubbles in the Underground, and Mek. has no fuckin' Oil. xD

with a fully Upgraded Mek. Pump you can suck a Geyser dry in like 5min.
also, multiply Generations of anything are not a Problem, Multiply Types of Liquids/Ores are actually cool. but would mostly require... AOBD

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

There's Gravitation Suite - does that mean there's a Gravigun in this modpack, or, more likely, am I thinking of a similar yet different mod? EnderIO has the Staff of Travel, if it's not disabled, it can teleport you across several blocks in the direction you right-click or to travel anchors, not sure what else there is in this modpack. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Aroma's Mining thing has a teleportation device that can kick you back to the over world, to your spawn, or world spawn I believe.

greenowl77

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply about the seeds. Yeah I did find some articles after my post on how to deal with this. I found that just aquiring the actual food- cranberry, rice, water chestnut, seaweed and cactus fruit from the corresponding gardens was much simpler and way less stressful. Also, I added minetweaker recipe maker so I could add a recipe to fix the issue with fresh water using up your bottles (not game breaking but kinda annoying). Also added the biomes o plenty wood add on for bibliocraft- just seemed to make sense to be able to match the shelves to the woods we were using to build. Neither mod has caused issues thus far.

Loving this pack btw!

I

IronicPacifist

You should add this modpack to the technic launcher because the only ones that are there are fake ones that dont work. I just dont want to download the FTB or curse launcher and all that.

M

mateus_f9888

Where I can Download this Modpack ??!!! Help me asap please!!

tofuturkey

Jul 29, 2019
You can download it from the Curse launcher, or from the FTB launcher (extremely light-weight, really no reason not to use it) using this code: SpaceA

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
You can download it from the Curse launcher, or from the FTB launcher (extremely light-weight, really no reason not to use it) using this code: SpaceA
funny, i use Curse and FTB Launcher.
my Internet was gone for a Week, and (for some reason) Curse can't let you play Packs without Internet, so the FTB Launcher was the next best thing : P

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Also, everytime i start the game (Curse Launcher) it Resets the Mekeanism Energy unit to Joules, and the Temperature to Kelvin.
also:
Selecting Jupiter, launching to it, Landing on Pluto, Fiding a Dungeon, Fighting the Tier 4 Diona Creeper Boss, Getting the Tier 4 Kay (as Expected), Finding a Tier 5 Treasure Chest. *Confused*

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using this mod pack for a couple of days with some friends on a private server and it seems pretty awesome!

We've got to the point where we have too many resources to manually process them and we've automated them. I've used Steve's Factory Manager for dealing with my processing since I found out about it but it's not in this pack.

What systems can keep up with SFM? I've built crystal chests with impulse itemducts and a resonant servo but it can only keep up with about 10 machines (TE Pulverisers or Redstone Furnaces).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Are those speed maxed Resonant versions? Because those are very fast and hard on power.

Alternately, Mekanism Elite Factories with full sets of energy and speed upgrades. Hideously fast, and eventually able to 5x ore process.

But don't forget, SFM can extract as well as insert. Set the sides of your TE machines to uncolored and SFM can interact with all in/outputs.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
never used SFM.
just a Export Bus on a SAG Mill.
which Outputs into a Fully Upgraded Elite Smelting Factory (Fastest Furnace in the game, as far as i know :p) and then back into the ME via ME Interface.
It can Easily Keep up with my 3 Excavators xD
That System doesn't requre any Pipes/Conduits. because teh Export bus can Insert into a SAG Mill.

Funnly, a ME Interface can't Insert Stuff from a AC-Process int oa Mek. Machine. which means that i need to use Item Conduits and a Chest. but luckly the Conduits are Fast.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Nuclearcraft's Nuclear furnace is actually even faster, but it's not in the pack. 1 stack in the same time as vanilla does 1 item. The only thing fast enough to keep up with it is a translocator. Or two if you want throughput.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
Are those speed maxed Resonant versions? Because those are very fast and hard on power.

Alternately, Mekanism Elite Factories with full sets of energy and speed upgrades. Hideously fast, and eventually able to 5x ore process.

But don't forget, SFM can extract as well as insert. Set the sides of your TE machines to uncolored and SFM can interact with all in/outputs.

Nuclearcraft's Nuclear furnace is actually even faster, but it's not in the pack. 1 stack in the same time as vanilla does 1 item. The only thing fast enough to keep up with it is a translocator. Or two if you want throughput.

never used SFM.
just a Export Bus on a SAG Mill.
which Outputs into a Fully Upgraded Elite Smelting Factory (Fastest Furnace in the game, as far as i know :p) and then back into the ME via ME Interface.
It can Easily Keep up with my 3 Excavators xD
That System doesn't requre any Pipes/Conduits. because teh Export bus can Insert into a SAG Mill.

Funnly, a ME Interface can't Insert Stuff from a AC-Process int oa Mek. Machine. which means that i need to use Item Conduits and a Chest. but luckly the Conduits are Fast.

The issue I'm having is that I can't extract from a chest as fast as I can process the materials in the pulverisers and furnaces - not that the furnaces themselves are too slow.
I usually have several tens of resonant machines with all speed upgrades but I've got just 16 basic pulverisers at the moment and the impulse itemduct with a resonant servo on the chest can't keep up with the pulverisers.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Try an Extra Utilities Transfer Node with a bunch of speed upgrades. Or you should be able to link the chest with Steve's Factory manager, and have it transfer entire stacks. Is your servo set to pull full stacks? And is it Round-robin? EnderIO conduits are also an excellent option for dealing with high-throughput operations.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
The issue I'm having is that I can't extract from a chest as fast as I can process the materials in the pulverisers and furnaces - not that the furnaces themselves are too slow.
I usually have several tens of resonant machines with all speed upgrades but I've got just 16 basic pulverisers at the moment and the impulse itemduct with a resonant servo on the chest can't keep up with the pulverisers.

Pfft, what a Waste of Enderium.
Best Transfer, is no Transfer-way betweeen Machines.
baa035359ea6ab1f7c0e543ae72e52a9.png

Problem Solved.
atleast it can keep up with like 3 Excavators and a MFR Laser xD

p.s.:
GC Advanced Solar Panels makes 125 RF/t on Sirius.
the Mek. Advanced Solar Panel makes 3 kRF/t on Sirius.
but it can Only Output at a Rate of 240 RF/t... for whatever Reason.

AND:
f8bd75e5ff0ddaba8e97b9d95879bf90.png

How about we make the Travel a bit more Expensive?
A Factor of "1" means that a Rocket needs 1000mb of Fuel to be Full.
how about adding a Zero? ;D

Last edited:

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
Try an Extra Utilities Transfer Node with a bunch of speed upgrades. Or you should be able to link the chest with Steve's Factory manager, and have it transfer entire stacks. Is your servo set to pull full stacks? And is it Round-robin? EnderIO conduits are also an excellent option for dealing with high-throughput operations.

Unless I'm missing something, Space Astronomy 1.4.7 doesn't have Steve's Factory Manager - that's the issue!
As for the round-robin trick - that's made a HUGE difference! Thanks!
If this can't keep up with the throughput in the future, I shall have a look at the transfer nodes - I've never really used them except for niche situations.
I thought EnderIO was quite a slow item conduit?

That won't deal with the throughput I want overall. Plus I find that using export buses on all machines causes a lot of lag - though that might just be the sheer number of machines I use.

I learned from my AE1 days that factories with 200 machines using ME import and export buses is a bad idea. I switched to:
Storage bus into chest > SFM into machines > SFM into ME Interface
Then dusts went through the same process.
The throughput of that system was immense - and that was with it only cycling every 5 seconds or so. Then again, that's what 12 Speed III Ender Quarries and 10 MFR lasers will do.