[ 1.7.10 ] SIEGED [ JamPacked2 ] [ HQM | Reikas ]

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
ok, tried again in a new world with .11. A creeper exploded somewhere outside and the blast of the explosion still killed me inside of the base. So I thought: no problem, after all this isn't hardcore. The issue is now that my items didn't drop? there is also no grave from what I can tell. Are items just supposed to disappear when you die?

There's no grave. Instead, there will be your corpse (skeleton) lying on the ground. The turrets might shoot it away from your death point, though. You can right-click the skeleton to access its inventory, or you can break it with a shovel.

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
oh ok, well I died inside the base and I didn't saw a skeleton. So I am in world #3 now. Something I learned in creative mode: When the turrets kill a creeper and it is one of the creepers that explode anyway, the redstone torch for the control system is likely to get broken. I also somehow lost a aspect jar from a creeper that exploded outside, apparently the jar's blast resistance is pretty low.

Right now I am just sitting in the base waiting for sugar can and my first melon to grow so it may rot away for the quest. I feel like the pacing of the modpack could be a bit better, waiting a hour for sugar can to grow just isn't terribly exciting if there is nothing else you can do.

Edit: ok over the time period of one hour out of the 9 sugar can plants 4 grew by one piece. I am no expert on vanilla farming mechanics but I was under impression that sugar can grows about every five minutes?

Last edited:

Vidinston

Jul 29, 2019
Turm, put the sugarcane in the alchemical furnace. The golems take it to the lamp of growth, which speeds up the growth of plants... It helps to use your senses and read the HQM book. I got 36 sugarcane in almost 10 minutes. If you are a newbie to minecraft, this modpack isn't for you. Everyone else, this is heaven.

Vidinston

Jul 29, 2019
Also, are you new to Thaumcraft. I suggest Meatylocks Sieged Modpack Spotlight. Here is the link. This is the only review on YouTube. m.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuRDkwl5hE

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I try the new update (1.1.11) and now the mobs don't spawn inside the base.

I've completed the wood quest but there is a mistake.

The questbook says tossing two sugar cane and one plank to obtain sawdust that didn't work.

Thaumomicon says tossing one plank and two herba and this work but the only ways to transfer essence is by using clay vial wich contain 8.

Is there a quest to make clay ?

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Turm, put the sugarcane in the alchemical furnace. The golems take it to the lamp of growth, which speeds up the growth of plants... It helps to use your senses and read the HQM book. I got 36 sugarcane in almost 10 minutes. If you are a newbie to minecraft, this modpack isn't for you. Everyone else, this is heaven.
For now I am using the cactus, I highly doubt the 1 herba is going to produce me more than one sugar can. Currently sitting in my base waiting 140 minutes for some cabbage to rot away - this is truly heaven.

I try the new update (1.1.11) and now the mobs don't spawn inside the base.

I've completed the wood quest but there is a mistake.

The questbook says tossing two sugar cane and one plank to obtain sawdust that didn't work.

Thaumomicon says tossing one plank and two herba and this work but the only ways to transfer essence is by using clay vial wich contain 8.

Is there a quest to make clay ?
Each sugar cane has 1 herba, so 2 sugar canes should provide you the required the herba. The cauldrons have a block update detector with the piston, so you don't have to care to much about the wasted aspects.

Jasaaan

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to find amber? I need it for the basic tech but cant find any for the life of me.

Oh use the ceiling for bedrock dust. I hate you. lol. Good thing we can use those pillars as a staircase.

Last edited:

gamermsn

Jul 29, 2019
when you get to making the boil furnace in the first chapter i oesnt tell you how to make the brass or the brass alloy or plate thingy

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
when you get to making the boil furnace in the first chapter i oesnt tell you how to make the brass or the brass alloy or plate thingy

Yeah, the pack still lacks lots of documentation. However, you can make void brass using smashed void zinc (smelt zinc ore in the furnace) and smashed void copper ore in a crafting table. Then put the void brass into the crucible and pour it into the mold with a plate mold inside (you can change the ingot mold in the carving table to the plate mold).

lLLEGAL

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to find amber? I need it for the basic tech but cant find any for the life of me.

Oh use the ceiling for bedrock dust. I hate you. lol. Good thing we can use those pillars as a staircase.
Amber fixed in 1.1.12 .

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try to scan charcoal to unlock torch research, aspects in charcoal appear but research in thaumomicon didn't.

What I'm doing wrong?

lLLEGAL

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try to scan charcoal to unlock torch research, aspects in charcoal appear but research in thaumomicon didn't.

What I'm doing wrong?
Scanning charcoal unlocks the Aspect required to unlock the research, you are still required to create a research paper for it.

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, so i'm going to definitely be covering this in a modpack spotlight for sure. One thing i've noticed though. The start is very slow. I'm currently stood around with nothing much to do for the first while waiting for sugarcane to grow or my food to decay. Is there a faster way to start that maybe i'm not noticing?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Scanning charcoal unlocks the Aspect required to unlock the research, you are still required to create a research paper for it.
The research note obtained as a reward in the wood quest isn't for that?

If not why obtaining it?

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
Ok! I am done with my Pack Spotlight! There's a couple of things I suggested but on th whole it's a great, well made and atmospheric pack! I'm certainly enjoying it and i'm contemplating doing an LP on it :) Please feel free to add this video in the OP if you think it good enough to be on there :) Keep up the awesome work!

lLLEGAL

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, so i'm going to definitely be covering this in a modpack spotlight for sure. One thing i've noticed though. The start is very slow. I'm currently stood around with nothing much to do for the first while waiting for sugarcane to grow or my food to decay. Is there a faster way to start that maybe i'm not noticing?
Latest update, it now grows faster. Rotting might be faster as well.