[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone Know how long it takes for plants to Crossbreed?

It took me 2 real-time hours until I got my Mandrake and my SugarCane to mutate. You can always make a few of those setups, and if you look back thru the recent pages of the thread, we've been discussing this subject - do a cross, or a plus with your plants - have two carrots and two wheat, with the doublecrop in the middle. That should double your chances, but it still takes a while. Oh, and in case you don't know, don't harvest the plants, they both must be "Mature" in order to get a mutation. Don't be surprised if you finally get a seed but it isn't Mandrake. :) Just break the new plant and replace the double crop and keep waiting.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
theres a chance of it occuring every growth tick i believe but if its night time there wont be any growth ticks

I lit up my area with torches, but yeah, kill spiders and get string and make a bed and keep it daytime at all times - creepers and all that nasty stuff, no good for gardening.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
I lit up my area with torches, but yeah, kill spiders and get string and make a bed and keep it daytime at all times - creepers and all that nasty stuff, no good for gardening.
Yeah spiders work if you can kill them without getting swarmed by other mobs or have a decent weapon and armor, you can also get some extra crops planted and try crossbreading to get some cotton seeds as you will be needing a good amount of string and wool later on for backpacks and runes and such.

rockhog

Jul 29, 2019
My game takes a really long time to load.. I am currently using "-XX:MaxPermSize=256M" in the additional java parameters to help the game not lag like crazy once it loads. Is there codes I could put in so the game loads faster, but combined with the code I typed above.
(Sorry for bad wording, my sleeping pills are really kicking in.)

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
this is from agricraft forum
The mutations follow this algorithm:
  1. Chance to mutate in a new plant (default 20%, can be changed in the config):
    1. Check surrounding crops and find possible mutations (specified in the configs, see later).
    2. At random, one of the found mutations is chosen (if there are no compatible mutations found, nothing happens).
    3. If the resulting mutation cannot grow on this spot, the plant will not sprout (for example, some plants require a base of a certain block, or another block near them).
    4. If the spot is favorable for the plant to grow, the mutation has a certain chance to sprout (depending on it's tier, the higher the tier, the lower the chance).
    5. You will see a new plant growing if the mutation was successful and new stats will be inherited based on the surrounding crops.
  2. Chance to sprout one of the surrounding plants (default 80%)
    1. At random one of the surrounding plants is chosen to sprout on the crosscrop.
    2. Just as with mutations, the spot has to be favorable for the plant to grow, else nothing will happen.
    3. Then the possible new plant has a chance to actually sprout, also depending on the tier. (these chances can be overridden in the configs, for example to balance out certain mods like Magical Crops).
    4. If everything went right you will see a new plant sprouting with new inherited stats.

Rickcain

Jul 29, 2019
this is from agricraft forum
The mutations follow this algorithm:
  1. Chance to mutate in a new plant (default 20%, can be changed in the config):
    1. Check surrounding crops and find possible mutations (specified in the configs, see later).
    2. At random, one of the found mutations is chosen (if there are no compatible mutations found, nothing happens).
    3. If the resulting mutation cannot grow on this spot, the plant will not sprout (for example, some plants require a base of a certain block, or another block near them).
    4. If the spot is favorable for the plant to grow, the mutation has a certain chance to sprout (depending on it's tier, the higher the tier, the lower the chance).
    5. You will see a new plant growing if the mutation was successful and new stats will be inherited based on the surrounding crops.
  2. Chance to sprout one of the surrounding plants (default 80%)
    1. At random one of the surrounding plants is chosen to sprout on the crosscrop.
    2. Just as with mutations, the spot has to be favorable for the plant to grow, else nothing will happen.
    3. Then the possible new plant has a chance to actually sprout, also depending on the tier. (these chances can be overridden in the configs, for example to balance out certain mods like Magical Crops).
    4. If everything went right you will see a new plant sprouting with new inherited stats.
how do u change it in the Configs?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how the hatchery in mariculture works? I put the fish egg and see it doing stuff but never see any fish coming from it. Tried a pipe to see if they are hiding in there but nothing and there's no gui coming up for it so I'm not sure what else to do.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
how do u change it in the Configs?
It's already increased to 40% in the pack, just be a little patient.
Anyone know how the hatchery in mariculture works? I put the fish egg and see it doing stuff but never see any fish coming from it. Tried a pipe to see if they are hiding in there but nothing and there's no gui coming up for it so I'm not sure what else to do.
It takes a while. On the tooltip of the egg item you can see how many eggs there are. What the hatchery does is goes through each of those eggs with a chance to hatch a fish from each egg. If by the time it runs through all the eggs in the item it hasn't produced at least 1 female and 1 male it will produce whatever is needed to get that result.
You can pump out the newly hatched fish or just right click the hatchery to get them.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
My game takes a really long time to load.. I am currently using "-XX:MaxPermSize=256M" in the additional java parameters to help the game not lag like crazy once it loads. Is there codes I could put in so the game loads faster, but combined with the code I typed above.
If you haven't already i would suggest installing the fastcraft mod. It really helps with lag once the game is loaded. As for it taking a while to load i can't really think of anything that would help that. It just takes a while for java to load all of the mods that are installed.

Rickcain

Jul 29, 2019
If you haven't already i would suggest installing the fastcraft mod. It really helps with lag once the game is loaded. As for it taking a while to load i can't really think of anything that would help that. It just takes a while for java to load all of the mods that are installed.
Is Fastcraft client sided?

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Is Fastcraft client sided?
It can be installed on the server side and the client side. If you are running a personal server i would install it on both. If you are playing on a public server you could ask the host to install it on the server but i would install it client side either way.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok just making sure so i dont install it wrong. lol
As long as you just drop the .jar file into the mods folder on either/both sides you should be fine. I've never had any problems with it on either side and it really helps with the lag. I would suggest that everyone install it in any modpack you are playing as it changes the way some of the behind the scenes math works to really help with lag and I've yet to have a problem with it. I've actually had some packs that were un-playable on my machine until i installed fastcraft.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you just drop the .jar file into the mods folder on either/both sides you should be fine. I've never had any problems with it on either side and it really helps with the lag. I would suggest that everyone install it in any modpack you are playing as it changes the way some of the behind the scenes math works to really help with lag and I've yet to have a problem with it. I've actually had some packs that were un-playable on my machine until i installed fastcraft.
yeah i am using a potato and i play at 40-50 fps whereas b4 it was 20-25 highly recommend :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think MaxPermSize is a valid java argument in Java8, but if you're still running the out-of-date Java7 then it would be okay. I run java v8 and don't use any java arguments because my game runs just fine without them. This modpack loads incredibly quickly compared to Infinity, so I'd say you're doing something wrong. I'm allocating 4GB but I also have 32GB of RAM installed so I can afford to allocate that much.

I even forgot to add in the Fastcraft mod, but my game still loads within 10-15 seconds max.

sProg

Jul 29, 2019
How does Steve's Barren Lands work? Does is just replace every block with dried dirt and remove trees and grass?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
It's already increased to 40% in the pack, just be a little patient.

It takes a while. On the tooltip of the egg item you can see how many eggs there are. What the hatchery does is goes through each of those eggs with a chance to hatch a fish from each egg. If by the time it runs through all the eggs in the item it hasn't produced at least 1 female and 1 male it will produce whatever is needed to get that result.
You can pump out the newly hatched fish or just right click the hatchery to get them.

That's exactly what I did, but I didn't get anything in the chest I have it piping out to or when I right clicked on it. I think it may have been bugged though. Just tried to put another fish egg into it into even though you see the eggs in the hatchery they were still in my inventory. Broke the hatchery and placed it down again and they went in this time but still nothing when it was completed.

What type of fish are those fish eggs you get from the quest reward?