[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused again... the quest for Magical Tin Seeds requires 16 Slate Blocks... except if I use a pickaxe, the Slate breaks to flint, and the same thing happens if I use a shovel (and axe, and mattock). So how do I obtain 16 Slate blocks for the quest? I guess I should run out and try breaking them by hand... nope, still flint. Maybe I can't use my Flint tools and need Iron tool or something? I plan to do the Iron Seed quest first since I need Iron urgently.

sProg

Jul 29, 2019
All it does is stop the wasteland/ocean from being decorated with trees, flowers and sugarcane at worldgen.

Oh that's pretty simple. How did you force the world into one biome (Looks like that's what is happening idk, I have yet to look around). I tied messing around in my own pack, but even with climate control and setting other biome weights to zero, they still spawn.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm confused again... the quest for Magical Tin Seeds requires 16 Slate Blocks... except if I use a pickaxe, the Slate breaks to flint, and the same thing happens if I use a shovel (and axe, and mattock). So how do I obtain 16 Slate blocks for the quest? I guess I should run out and try breaking them by hand... nope, still flint. Maybe I can't use my Flint tools and need Iron tool or something? I plan to do the Iron Seed quest first since I need Iron urgently.
I had the same problem. Try typing "slate" into NEI.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Des, I feel silly but I know I shouldn't, that wasn't exactly "common sense". :)

purgury

Jul 29, 2019

I might be wrong, But I believe combining 4 flint will make a Slate block. 2x2 area. Just check the NEI to be sure

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Last question of the night for me... if I make "Gray Dye" using Essence of Dye, is that an equivalent to "Floral Gray Powder" for the Quest Book? Just want to make sure before I use all my limited Essence of Dyes up.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Last question of the night for me... if I make "Gray Dye" using Essence of Dye, is that an equivalent to "Floral Gray Powder" for the Quest Book? Just want to make sure before I use all my limited Essence of Dyes up.
You could try and click manual submit with just one in your inventory and see if it takes it, but i think it requires the floral powder.

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to load this into MultiMC so when I am at work, I can still play when I dont have Internet, but I keep getting the error "
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 3/9/15 9:50 PM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate enchantment id! class flaxbeard.thaumicexploration.enchantment.EnchantmentBinding and class mariculture.magic.enchantments.EnchantmentFallDamage Enchantment ID:77"

I was told I need to change the CFG file, but I am not very good with that stuff, anyone have a suggestion? Or a file that its fixed already and a link to it?

sProg

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to load this into MultiMC so when I am at work, I can still play when I dont have Internet, but I keep getting the error "
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 3/9/15 9:50 PM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Duplicate enchantment id! class flaxbeard.thaumicexploration.enchantment.EnchantmentBinding and class mariculture.magic.enchantments.EnchantmentFallDamage Enchantment ID:77"

I was told I need to change the CFG file, but I am not very good with that stuff, anyone have a suggestion? Or a file that its fixed already and a link to it?

Go into the config folder and look for Flaxbeard's .cfg file. Search for Binding and change the number.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You could try and click manual submit with just one in your inventory and see if it takes it, but i think it requires the floral powder.

Well you've been very helpful today Billy but I sure hope you're wrong on this one, because I've been working for a few hours on these Dye Seeds just to get thru the Metals quests! I could swear someone told me that instead of making flowers at random with Floral Fertilizer I could just get Dye Seeds and be all set... but I have to ask the question before I make a big mistake. I have to wait until the quest resets before I can manually submit and see if it works.

Okay, I did more research, turns out I think the advice I was given was probably intended to give me a way to make Floral Fertilizer in mass quantity... and NEI is very helpful in that regard, and yes it involves Dyes. :) So now I think you are probably correct, Billy - thank you.

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
The best laid plans, of mice and men... sigh Well, the Mana Tablet worked wonderfully... but I didn't realize that Agricarnations require some manasteel (i.e. iron ingots) to make (for the Rune), and that is still gonna take me a while to get there. Still appreciate the great advice, I really didn't think there was a way to transport Mana that easily but that's exactly why I always ask anyways - just in case.
Various quests will reward you with Mana tablets, I think I have about 10 now, most rewards a few I made early on... once or twice they were all empty..

Dracology

Jul 29, 2019
I really can't figure out how to make a combustion engine. The NEI recipie isn't right. I had the same problem with Pistons and eventually found out that the redstone should be a lever. Tried that with the combustion engine but it didn't work either. tried replacing the iron with aluminum and it didn't work as well.

I can't really seem to find what it wants.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
I really can't figure out how to make a combustion engine. The NEI recipie isn't right. I had the same problem with Pistons and eventually found out that the redstone should be a lever. Tried that with the combustion engine but it didn't work either. tried replacing the iron with aluminum and it didn't work as well.

I can't really seem to find what it wants.
The recipe works fine for me. The piece of redstone dust in the engine recipe is actually redstone not a lever. It takes 3 iron ingots, 1 redstone dust, 2 iron gears (buildcraft or railcraft), and 1 piston in this pattern.

i=iron ingot, r=redstone dust, g=iron gear, p=piston, _=blank

i i i
_r_
g p g

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I tried what you said, but when I opened the file, it all came up with strange symbols. I will just wait to see if someone else has the problem and make a fix for it. Like I said, I am not very good with fixing CFG files LOL. Thank you anyways for trying to help me :)

Dreygen

Jul 29, 2019
So I was watching a YouTuber who was playing this pack and he was able to find clay in the ocean area. I was trying the same thing as well. But I'm not sure that this current patch supports clay just sitting around anymore. am I wrong? or just terribly unlucky? Since I'm in the early stages, harvesting grass seems to be the only way to get clay right now

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I tried what you said, but when I opened the file, it all came up with strange symbols. I will just wait to see if someone else has the problem and make a fix for it. Like I said, I am not very good with fixing CFG files LOL. Thank you anyways for trying to help me :)
What program did you use to open the file? I just opened the ThaumicExploration.cfg file in notepad and it came up just fine.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
open in notepad++

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
One other tidbit I'll share with the others, like myself, that are "green" to Botania...

Mana pool Next to a Spreader (now using Elven) Pointing up into a mana Fluxfield, next to almost any single RF using device = noisy efficiency...

This brings the question to the surface... is it possible to get some noise dampening block of some sort into this pack? With all the mana bursts and steam engines going off... I just realized why I liked the dream so much... it was quiet. I'm starting to feel like I'm in a paper mill. :D

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
One other tidbit I'll share with the others, like myself, that are "green" to Botania...

Mana pool Next to a Spreader (now using Elven) Pointing up into a mana Fluxfield, next to almost any single RF using device = noisy efficiency...

This brings the question to the surface... is it possible to get some noise dampening block of some sort into this pack? With all the mana bursts and steam engines going off... I just realized why I liked the dream so much... it was quiet. I'm starting to feel like I'm in a paper mill. :D
Haha yeah I've noticed my base getting a bit loud too. The only sound muffler I know of is from Extra Utilities which is not in this pack so i think we'll have to deal with the noise for now.