[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
You could make plots for mystical flowers, but those are easily farmed with the green fertilizer (there's a super easy way to make it if you discover it).

I highly recommend making the botania flower that makes infinite mystical flowers. Jaded-something.

Get that early and you'll never worry for flowers.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Placing Botania functional flower into Garden Soil plot and then attempting to extract said flower (beside from not rendering on the soil), will crash client. Flower will then revert to "Botania Flower 736" - which is the fallback "bug report" flower.

Was trying to see if I could create a compact mana gen / mana use block :)
Sadly, Botania / Garden Stuff not friendly with each another, other than planting the mystical flowers.
Would be pretty epic if these two mods can get some cross-over functionality, they seem so made for one another :D
Please be sure to copy me on Garden Stuff-related bugs that are, you know, crashing peoples' clients :)
I don't think there will ever be deep cooperation with Botania (for technical and balance reasons), but it should certainly never crash clients.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
There's also a quite early botania quest which gives you a certain plant which exchanges sand (inc cracked sand) for clay.
I'm not so sure it converts cracked sand… I have the flower planted along the wall of my compound (Cracked Sand) and none of it converted...

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Your suggestions are not very helpful. I would rather not start over and lose all my progress. You have any ideas that would allow me to retain my progress?
sorry i thought you hadn't done anything yet, also have you used a crucible furnace? if so use mc edit and go in and delete it to see if that helps. in the faq
===== MARICULTURE =====

- [v0.65 only] My crucible furnace crashes the game / the bottom half of the cruicible furnace has vanished!
[BUG] No workaround at this time, but will be fixed in the next release.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not so sure it converts cracked sand… I have the flower planted along the wall of my compound (Cracked Sand) and none of it converted...
yeah if that was the case when you planted the clayconia the area around the flower would disappear. unless it can convert cracked sand by throwing it out of your inv.idk

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
yeah if that was the case when you planted the clayconia the area around the flower would disappear. unless it can convert cracked sand by throwing it out of your inv.idk
Pretty sure that was meant because of the cracked sand + water bucket recipe. Very easy early source of sand to turn into clay.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Re-asking a question from earlier:

Is there any reason to build up a base in the Dream? Or is that a waste of time and effort?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a personal problem here but I'm having trouble filling up my diluted mana pool past a sliver of mana. I have made the regular mana pool and I have the mana spreader aimed right at it, the regular mana pool does seem to fill normally but for some reason I cannot throw the seeds into it to get essence seeds, I get the red X icon over the arrow, I've tried it with the two mana pools together and I get some weird green check and X over the arrow. This has me stumped and I cannot continue, any help would be appreciated.
You need to replace the diluted pool with a normal pool, the diluted one can only be used to make a normal one.
OK, I REALLY like the Dream world… all day, no mobs spawning…

I just got the quest book there…

Now, my question is… is there any real reason to stay there or am I wasting my time building up a base there?
To get to some of the later Witchery stuff you'll want to develop enough there to be able to make the brew of flowing spirit in a kettle.

I have completed all quests, but on what the world came to be and the encoding of the world it says the questlines are not completed, though the numbers show that all quests there have been completed
The hidden quests in the first chapter have been posted about enough. As for in encoding, I'm guessing you haven't actually set up a fish feeder - the (currently) last quest for fish breeding is only visible once you obtain fish eggs.

Can I ask, what do you do with the seeds that aren't as good and get thrown into a chest? Are they essentially useless or will I need a lot of lesser-quality seeds? I've already seen that making Dye Seeds in a Botania Runic Altar requires an Essence Seed, so I guess I should be saving all my seeds?
I'm asking because as I'm sure everybody knows, these things take up a LOT of chest-space due to every seed being different and they don't stack unless they match exactly. I don't want to make 10 or 20 chests to store all my "bad" seeds if I don't have to...
In 0.7 you'll likely be wanting to use them to make Enriched soil in the compost bin.

himan935

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, loving the pack, but I can't seem to make Dye Seeds, I have all the components in the altar, and i right clicked it with the Wand of the Forest, then it started taking mana. now its got a picture of a dye seed in a blue circle when hovering over with the Wand, and the altar is shooting blue lighting. I couldnt see anything in the Lexica, other than for runes you drop a livingrock on top, but when i tried it nothing happened. I kinda need the dye seeds to continue on, or at least the altar which I can't figure out how to clear.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Re-asking a question from earlier:

Is there any reason to build up a base in the Dream? Or is that a waste of time and effort?
That depends on if you want to have the Brew of Flowing Spirit or not. Three source blocks (1 full brew), 2 wispy cotton, and a dreamweaver of nightmares will give you 100% chance of a good dream, allowing you to always get the good world, and you can use the witchery apple to get the nightmare world if you wish to kill nightmares for mellifluous hunger. Other than that, no, there's no real need to build up a base in the dream world. You need only get to ender chests if you wish to have your tools and armor in both dimensions.

EDIT: Got ninja'd by phoenix :p

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, loving the pack, but I can't seem to make Dye Seeds, I have all the components in the altar, and i right clicked it with the Wand of the Forest, then it started taking mana. now its got a picture of a dye seed in a blue circle when hovering over with the Wand, and the altar is shooting blue lighting. I couldnt see anything in the Lexica, other than for runes you drop a livingrock on top, but when i tried it nothing happened. I kinda need the dye seeds to continue on, or at least the altar which I can't figure out how to clear.
drop a living rock on it and hit it with the wand again

Reactions: asb3pe

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on if you want to have the Brew of Flowing Spirit or not. Three source blocks (1 full brew), 2 wispy cotton, and a dreamweaver of nightmares will give you 100% chance of a good dream, allowing you to always get the good world, and you can use the witchery apple to get the nightmare world if you wish to kill nightmares for mellifluous hunger. Other than that, no, there's no real need to build up a base in the dream world. You need only get to ender chests if you wish to have your tools and armor in both dimensions.

EDIT: Got ninja'd by phoenix :p

Ender chests in the dream? wow.. need copper level mining then, as a minimum, just to get the iron for the kettle/Vat.

New question, can you open a Nether portal in the Dream?

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Ender chests in the dream? wow.. need copper level mining then, as a minimum, just to get the iron for the kettle/Vat.

New question, can you open a Nether portal in the Dream?
Other question, how do you get ender eyes in the Dream?

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
from the witchery wiki: Two important things to note: Circle magic does not function in the Spirit World; and Endermen cannot enter the Spirit World.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
from the witchery wiki: Two important things to note: Circle magic does not function in the Spirit World; and Endermen cannot enter the Spirit World.
Correct. It is for this reason that I made an alternate recipe for the Mana Pearls (Ender Pearls are still unobtainable in the spirit world so no ender chest shortcut) to be able to be made from wispy cotton so you can actually get botania going to get your seeds there.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Correct. It is for this reason that I made an alternate recipe for the Mana Pearls (Ender Pearls are still unobtainable in the spirit world so no ender chest shortcut) to be able to be made from wispy cotton so you can actually get botania going to get your seeds there.
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure if you'd changed something I didn't notice.