[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask, what do you do with the seeds that aren't as good and get thrown into a chest? Are they essentially useless or will I need a lot of lesser-quality seeds? I've already seen that making Dye Seeds in a Botania Runic Altar requires an Essence Seed, so I guess I should be saving all my seeds?

I'm asking because as I'm sure everybody knows, these things take up a LOT of chest-space due to every seed being different and they don't stack unless they match exactly. I don't want to make 10 or 20 chests to store all my "bad" seeds if I don't have to...

You need a supply of Essence seeds, one stack may be enough, So far only needed a single Dye seed, any seeds can be used in the petal apocathary, but I mostly just keep larger stacks of similar, now I toss all "only interesting" seeds into a Composter for the enriched soil.

Composter also likes leaves, Mana Shears FTW.

Reactions: Violette13

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Everything was going fine until I hit the following quest

Copper Essence, why so many floral powders? 16 is a huge amount, why not 4 instead? Same with clay, 16 clay is an extreme amount, 4 would be much more fair IMO. I can see I am going to be spending most of my time using the Horn of the Wild and breaking the dead grass for hundreds of blocks around my location just to get 16x4=64 clay (gotta do this quest 4 times) and an insane amount of floral fertilizer so I can make 8x4=32 Mystical Orange Flowers. Yuck. This is what I'm talking about, when a modpack "bogs down". Up until now, the pack has been very fair, but now it feels too "grindy". Just speaking my mind, I welcome opposing opinions or reasonings for requiring so many of these things.

It also encourages you to not just mindlessly grind but instead try to come up with better ways of getting resources. I can't imagine breaking dead grass for those 64 clay. Spread out, work on more than one quest section. They are interlinked.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Also remember that you don't need to 10/10/10 all your crops, only a few are worth maxing out. Essence, coal, nature, skeleton are useful. Pretty much everything else works fine at 1/1/1. Unless you need something specific, like building a floor out of iron blocks.

Yeah, this is the "trial and error" part of going thru a modpack (and the individual mods) for the first time. Good point Desman. The other thing I'm trying to figure out is, how big of a plot will I need for each of the seeds? I already know I'm not going to be making 9x9 tilled plots for every single seed, because eventually I'll run out of ground space and loaded chunks!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It also encourages you to not just mindlessly grind but instead try to come up with better ways of getting resources. I can't imagine breaking dead grass for those 64 clay. Spread out, work on more than one quest section. They are interlinked.

Thank you, I finally understand this point but it wasn't intuitive (for me anyways). :) As the saying goes... RTFM! Or in this case, read the "friendly" Quest Book!

Siltti

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having problem with Regular Infusion Stone, not getting Runic Altar to work. I've put all the mats NEI tells me into runic altar and my mana should be ok. I can't figure this out and haven't found help via Google or searching this thread. I also watched Purplementat's video (episode 10 time 34:00) and afaik I did everything just the same... Help(?)!

edit: took off the YT video

edit 2: Solved

Last edited:

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Also remember that you don't need to 10/10/10 all your crops, only a few are worth maxing out. Essence, coal, nature, skeleton are useful. Pretty much everything else works fine at 1/1/1. Unless you need something specific, like building a floor out of iron blocks.

I NEED to 10/10/10 all my seeds. Even the ones I will almost never use like wither seeds.

But then I also have a 16 space plot for every single seed in my garden. I might be obsessed.

I am thinking of not automating the harvesting of every seed though. That might be excessive.

Although, 1024 stacks of wither skulls might be impressive..... =)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I NEED to 10/10/10 all my seeds. Even the ones I will almost never use like wither seeds.

But then I also have a 16 space plot for every single seed in my garden. I might be obsessed.

I am thinking of not automating the harvesting of every seed though. That might be excessive.

Although, 1024 stacks of wither skulls might be impressive..... =)
No matter how many withers you kill or EnderIO you use, there's no way you'll ever be able to drain through that many skulls o_O

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I totally understand. I've gotten to calling this affliction "my Minecraft OCD". :D

Reactions: fimbrethil

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Yeah, this is the "trial and error" part of going thru a modpack (and the individual mods) for the first time. Good point Desman. The other thing I'm trying to figure out is, how big of a plot will I need for each of the seeds? I already know I'm not going to be making 9x9 tilled plots for every single seed, because eventually I'll run out of ground space and loaded chunks!

A 4x4 plot of 10/10/10 seeds gives you up to 64 products. A couple of those are nice for coal seeds, to feed Endoflames with coal blocks, that solves most mana problems. A 4x4 plot for every metal you use is more than enough, until you have enough of that metal. You don't need a lot of food here, so just one plot for a magical food and one for nature. After I got the hang of this modpack, I had about ten 4x4 plots total at a time.

You could make plots for mystical flowers, but those are easily farmed with the green fertilizer (there's a super easy way to make it if you discover it).

Reactions: asb3pe

Butterlegz

Jul 29, 2019
i had a random crash when i first started my server but then when i reloaded it worked just fine
I have reloaded, reinstalled the modpack, replaced the level.dat, changed permgen size, disabled fastcraft with no effect. I think it is a corrupted chunk but I'm not minecraft savvy enough to tell if that is the case.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I would rather not start over and lose all my progress. You have any ideas that would allow me to retain my progress?
Have you tried "World Edit". I have used that before to recover a world. Usually to delete a block. Have heard it works for other things to. Some world it works just to open the world in world edit then save it. Backup the world first though.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I just had some fun with the Rod of the Plentiful Mantle (reveal ore for mana). This thing is awesome.

It creates groups of light balls, randomly color-coded for each ore type. If you have a piece of an ore you need in your inventory, you can place the block down in front of you, and then it will also have a light on it that lets you know which color to look for. Its not exactly easy, but it adds an interesting minigame to the digging. Way more fun than vanilla branch mining.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I saw someone complaining about copper seed quest a few pages back and has been answered, but I thought I'd add a tip. Well before then you should have 10,10,10 crops. When you start getting your ore seeds, place it opposite a maxed out sugarcane to help get that copper seed to 10s faster. It won't crossbreed, but will pass stats.I use a 4x4 plot with sugarcane in the middle to level up all my seeds before they go in their normal 4x4 plot. Seriously considering a magical crops automated tower.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime