[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Question about gates, I have the basic gate with autarchic pulsar on a wooden extraction pipe, but my golems are feeding the chest faster than the gate is extracting, what can I do to extract faster?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I think you missed his point… instead of you asking your friends to install this mod that you want on your server, you are asking the ModPack Author to include it so EVERYONE has it on their machines… not to mention that in order to do this, the ModPack Author has to support the mod interaction and potential bugs that may arise…

Exactly this.

Kazekai, have you considered privately hosting a modified version of this pack? I think it may be the right solution for you. :) You can customize the pack however you wish. (I'm not exactly sure what permissions are required for privately hosting a pack, but I wouldn't imagine anyone refusing it for private packs.)

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Question about gates, I have the basic gate with autarchic pulsar on a wooden extraction pipe, but my golems are feeding the chest faster than the gate is extracting, what can I do to extract faster?

Use a higher tier gate and set all the slots on it to pulsar. Also more gates. 4 basic archaic gates will do 4 items at once 4 iron will do 8 at once and they just go up farther. More items per pulse = faster extraction.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Use a higher tier gate and set all the slots on it to pulsar. Also more gates. 4 basic archaic gates will do 4 items at once 4 iron will do 8 at once and they just go up farther. More items per pulse = faster extraction.
Perfect! Thanks!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly this.

Kazekai, have you considered privately hosting a modified version of this pack? I think it may be the right solution for you. :) You can customize the pack however you wish. (I'm not exactly sure what permissions are required for privately hosting a pack, but I wouldn't imagine anyone refusing it for private packs.)

Actually, In his original post, he explained that this is what he is already doing... He asked the mod to be included so he would not have to ask his friends to update their local client separately to match his server.

Griffo23

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys im trying to get a server up for me and a friend, i manage to get the server up, but when i try join i get "Mod Rejections [FMLMod:AgriCraft{1.7.10-1.2.2]" even though im pretty sure the version of agricraft i have is 1.7.10-1.2.3, also there is a red X under the amount of players on the server in the server list.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, In you opinion when the update comes"not asking when,lol" but when it does do you think we/I should start a new world? or Do you think it will be fine with existing worlds?

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I think you missed his point… instead of you asking your friends to install this mod that you want on your server, you are asking the ModPack Author to include it so EVERYONE has it on their machines… not to mention that in order to do this, the ModPack Author has to support the mod interaction and potential bugs that may arise…

That is specifically what I was asking, yes. It's more subtle that way and nobody I know is opposed to having it, they just don't like the extra step...

I have not encountered any problems with this mod, it even works with SmartMoving which is notorious for conflicts concerning player entities. I have used it with Flan's mods as well which have had similar conflicts in the past. I wouldn't ask for it if I were unsure about this, I've never asked for MorePlayerModels in the past for that reason, and I myself stopped using it in favor of something a lot more compatible in general with other mods.

If ever I find a conflict with that mod, I always alert the author. I frequently use test builds of it on SSP worlds, but if you are aware of something it doesn't work with, I'd like to know, as I often build my own private packs as well as use pre-built ones.

Exactly this.

I...don't understand your response. I actually did do this for naturalMagic where I just uploaded an edited version of the pack to MediaFire and only gave the link to users, but then it had a justified reason because it added in Biomes O' Plenty which used to be in that pack but was later removed (and unless it's a skyblock, survival island, or...whatever crash landing is, I refuse to play without a biome gen, minecraft is just too boring without them.) Everyone, for the most part, was in agreement with this, and everyone, for the most part, used parts of that mod, but it also takes a lot longer to download packs from mediafire and a little more work to get such instances set up. (The people I play with are lazy ;v) and even with that instance, it was still met with resistance initially, and I really just don't want to get made fun of for what everyone else considers ridiculous fanaticism. That was why I initially asked.

I feel like there is some miscommunication here and I'm not sure if it's my failing to explain or not.

Actually, In his original post, he explained that this is what he is already doing... He asked the mod to be included so he would not have to ask his friends to update their local client separately to match his server.

Basically that, yes.

Also I'm not a he. :p

I will most likely stick the mod on my client either way and if it makes me look incomplete to everyone else they can just suck it...unfortunately I know way too many people who are perfectly fine with that and that really bothers me. >_> So that's why I asked.

Edit: Actually I might just switch to my other skin if it doesn't get added. Showing up without ears or a tail for other people would just bother me way too much especially if I ended up in screenshots. -_-

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any known fix for the fish feeder not recognizing the water around it? I've tried breaking and replacing it, reloading the game, placing at the bottom of an ocean, placing in a built tank in the wasteland, placing dry then surrounding with water, and it refuses to recognize the water around it or accept any food no matter what I do. I'd love to be able to advance in mariculture, does anyone have experience fixing this bug or ideas I haven't tried yet?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any known fix for the fish feeder not recognizing the water around it? I've tried breaking and replacing it, reloading the game, placing at the bottom of an ocean, placing in a built tank in the wasteland, placing dry then surrounding with water, and it refuses to recognize the water around it or accept any food no matter what I do. I'd love to be able to advance in mariculture, does anyone have experience fixing this bug or ideas I haven't tried yet?

Can you post a screenshot in case the tank doesn't meet the minimum requirements or backup save then reinstall pack.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking more along the lines of rehosting the entire pack, and having the players grab the modified version. That way they wouldn't have to download the file individually. They would get it when they downloaded the pack.

Griffo23

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why im getting "Mod Rejections [FMLMod:AgriCraft{1.7.10-1.2.2}]" when i attempt to join my server? :/

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I am really digging this modpack. Here is some feedback:

* Very cool theme. Restoring a broken world is always neat.
* Load of work went into the quests. Totally awesome and seemingly well paced so far.
* The mods seemed to be tied together well, from what I've played.

*I will say, the landscape is boring. Moving around is not interesting. I know you want the world to be a barren landscape, but perhaps adding a mountainous wasteland biome would help.

Is there any reason to explore when you get established?

Reactions: hiharryII

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, In you opinion when the update comes"not asking when,lol" but when it does do you think we/I should start a new world? or Do you think it will be fine with existing worlds?

The 0.7 in-development changelog has no mention of needing a wipe but 0.7 will bring a lot of new quests & if you like playing them in order make a new save especially for 0.7 also thephoenixlodge said is going to try get 0.7 out for the weekend depending if irl doesn't get too busy.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshots as requested, with a test fish to show the "needs moar water" message.

2015-03-04_23.01.44.png
2015-03-04_23.04.26.png

2015-03-04_23.05.32.png

2015-03-04_23.05.53.png

Also this is my first time posting screenshots here so if I did it wrong let me know and I'll edit.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshots as requested, with a test fish to show the "needs moar water" message.

Also this is my first time posting screenshots here so if I did it wrong let me know and I'll edit.
I have been having the same problem with the fish feeder and mine is set up in an ocean, but if i keep placing and removing the fish and food it eventually always works ..... if i have the patience for it.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
The 0.7 in-development changelog has no mention of needing a wipe but 0.7 will bring a lot of new quests & if you like playing them in order make a new save especially for 0.7 also thephoenixlodge said is going to try get 0.7 out for the weekend depending if irl doesn't get too busy.

Thank you. I was wondering something about HQM. Is there a way to wipe your quest progress/start over without starting a new world? I really like HQM, well quests in general because it give you goals to work towards. Before that mod I was starting to get board with Minecraft and this was a huge thing, well for me anyways.lol

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having the same problem with the fish feeder and mine is set up in an ocean, but if i keep placing and removing the fish and food it eventually always works ..... if i have the patience for it.

Same here! I have never gave that mod a shot until now, but I thought it would be cool, so I set up the tank, but it didn't add the fish food to the internal tank and no matter what I did it was never satisfied with the setup. So I tore it down and tossed it back in a chest. I was really looking forward to giving that mod a try.