[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
What texture pack are you using if any maybe try lowering your graphical settings just a thought optifine may help thats all I can think of for now.

Thanks, really appreciate all the help! I'm not using any texture packs, and the problem persists with minimum settings. I'll try optifine though.
Seems to be kinda hit or miss with 1.7.10 modpacks. I don't have the greatest pc of all time, but I was able to play some other 1.7.10 packs - last I remember was bevo's tech pack with unity(?) texture pack and maxed settings - and was floating around 100 FPS. But then some packs I can't play with default and minimal settings. I don't know, maybe optifine will work :)

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
i hate to be a pain in the youknowwhat, but i have another question: how to i get the rutile ore for the steel quest?
is it from the nether rutile ore...? because it says mining level thaumium, and i am so far away from that one...
what am i missing...?
tnx
For "thaumium" mining level you can also do pig iron. It's a bit of a pain to get the blood, but can get you a little farther down that line without going further in witchery / botania / thaumcraft quest lines. Once you have some molten metal in the smeltery, you can jump in yourself to *very* slowly add blood, or spawn in different animals with spawn eggs to get the blood quicker. It does require a lot of emeralds, but if you've gotten emerald crops, it isn't too bad.

Anagram

Jul 29, 2019
I got the red and brown mushroom seeds in a quest, but I need mycelium to grow them and to get mycelium a normal mushroom (not the seed) is needed. But how to get a mushroom if I can't plant them ?

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
I got the red and brown mushroom seeds in a quest, but I need mycelium to grow them and to get mycelium a normal mushroom (not the seed) is needed. But how to get a mushroom if I can't plant them ?
You can get mushrooms the same way you get saplings, with that mutating fertilizer. Once you get a red and a brown mushroom, the seeds + mycelium just makes it easier.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Never before have I felt the urge to take a screenshot in minecraft just because the scene had some beauty.
Your pack has such a stong sense of place, you've captured that feeling of a vast desert perfectly.

Reactions: MissLid

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I have ran into the first hugely aggravating quest for me. I just got into the spirit world and need to subdue a spirit. I'm not sure how I am supposed to do this as I've spent the past hour trying. I can't hit the buggers. they move too erratically and are so, so small. I can't stop running either because of the damn nightmare and horde of mobs chasing me.

ARGH!

Just venting. But if someone has some tips feel free to share.

Now to make more sleep potions.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, really appreciate all the help! I'm not using any texture packs, and the problem persists with minimum settings. I'll try optifine though.
Seems to be kinda hit or miss with 1.7.10 modpacks. I don't have the greatest pc of all time, but I was able to play some other 1.7.10 packs - last I remember was bevo's tech pack with unity(?) texture pack and maxed settings - and was floating around 100 FPS. But then some packs I can't play with default and minimal settings. I don't know, maybe optifine will work :)
Try installing java 8 x64. Its as a lot of improvements and memory management optimizations. Forge and mods are fully operational with it for a couple months but people still think it doest work....

Same when MC moved from java 6 to 7.....

PS: permgen is not required in java 8 and its ignored.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

almightyfoon

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or a bug but the infused shard seeds aren't spreading or responding to the magical fertilizer. I've tried replanting them and still no dice.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
My quest book is starting to lag/drop fps again it started after I completed "they're playing my tune" in "how the world changed" for awhile removing the completed status of "what doesn't kill you" in "what the world is built from" helped but... after completing a few more quests in "how the world changed" that no longer helps I took a few screenshots in the hope they can help you pin this down. If you need anymore information please let me know thank you.

17qYs29.png

W0lwsWt.png

Q62mf2R.png

p6yB5fI.png

7RtmtaU.png

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
My quest book is starting to lag/drop fps again it started after I completed "they're playing my tune" in "how the world changed" for awhile removing the completed status of "what doesn't kill you" in "what the world is built from" helped but... after completing a few more quests in "how the world changed" that no longer helps I took a few screenshots in the hope they can help you pin this down. If you need anymore information please let me know thank you.
I'm aware that this is the case. Unfortunately there isn't a huge amount I can do about it as I can't really cut out more of the requirements for those quests. I've got a few plans for rejigging things a little bit, which will likely alleviate this a little further in 0.7, but I've barely started on 0.7 at this point due to limited free time recently.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Try installing java 8 x64. Its as a lot of improvements and memory management optimizations. Forge and mods are fully operational with it for a couple months but people still think it doest work....

Same when MC moved from java 6 to 7.....

PS: permgen is not required in java 8 and its ignored.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

I'm using Java 8 u25 (64). Ok, but that explains why changing permgen didn't change my gameplay experience at all then..

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware that this is the case. Unfortunately there isn't a huge amount I can do about it as I can't really cut out more of the requirements for those quests. I've got a few plans for rejigging things a little bit, which will likely alleviate this a little further in 0.7, but I've barely started on 0.7 at this point due to limited free time recently.

Just a thought regarding the rejigging I don't know if it would help at all or maybe this is more of a question would seperating the infusion stones to another tab something like "stones of progression" maybe and keep the seeds/essences where they are so that not all the requirments are all on one tab but instead spread out a bit more or would that not help.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought regarding the rejigging I don't know if it would help at all or maybe this is more of a question would seperating the infusion stones to another tab something like "stones of progression" maybe and keep the seeds/essences where they are so that not all the requirments are all on one tab but instead spread out a bit more or would that not help.
Wouldn't make a difference. The issue seems to lie at the collective number of requirements the later quests have (their requirements and all the requirements of all required quests) irrespective of number of quests in a set.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't make a difference. The issue seems to lie at the collective number of requirements the later quests have (their requirements and all the requirements of all required quests) irrespective of number of quests in a set.

Ah now I see what you mean in that case your hands are tied as the progression needs the the requirements but they are whats causing the problem so you need to find a way to reduce them without affecting progression.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Ah now I see what you mean in that case your hands are tied as the progression needs the the requirements but they are whats causing the problem so you need to find a way to reduce them without affecting progression.

Hmm, thinking out loud here: is there another mod like HQM which can kick in later on? or perhaps get a HQM -B put together (B for bastardized) which is a second instance of HQM which starts working from just one final requirement from the main instance?

nightandstars10

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I have ran into the first hugely aggravating quest for me. I just got into the spirit world and need to subdue a spirit. I'm not sure how I am supposed to do this as I've spent the past hour trying. I can't hit the buggers. they move too erratically and are so, so small. I can't stop running either because of the damn nightmare and horde of mobs chasing me.

ARGH!

If you have completed the ritual of gaia you can fly which helped me for this quest, but it still took me about 30 minutes to kill one. Other than that I don't really know.

CRWW_bug

Jul 29, 2019

ARGH!

You can make the dream world not a nightmare by collecting cotton? Oh, wait, there's custom worldgen in this pack. Is that completely disabled?

Haven't gotten that far myself.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
You can make the dream world not a nightmare by collecting cotton? Oh, wait, there's custom worldgen in this pack. Is that completely disabled?

Haven't gotten that far myself.

You are indeed correct but... the quest to craft them is after the quest they are finding frustrating.