[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I've only ever really messed around with Thaumcraft in Agrarian Skies, so yet another brand new new mod (to me) ... along with Buildcraft, Mariculture and Witchery! Lot's to learn.

Yes plenty of learning to do you and I'm still learning things in this modpack but I generally know what I'm doing with most mods and so much fun to be had.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that if I look directly at the sky, I have around 100 FPS, but if I look directly at the ground, I get only 20 FPS?
Keep in mind that this is prior to building anything, in a newly generated world. If newly is even a word lol

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that if I look directly at the sky, I have around 100 FPS, but if I look directly at the ground, I get only 20 FPS?
Keep in mind that this is prior to building anything, in a newly generated world. If newly is even a word lol

This could be due to chunks being generated as it is a fresh world after all try increasing permgen as the permgen java argument works with Regrowth.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
1.7.10 doesn't have yet the 1.8 render optmizations like not rendering what is not visible to the player. So... When you look down it renders all the caves...

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

AneXus_Archon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting minetweaker errors in earlytech.zs on line 137:

//Tone down Crucible furnace ore output to 1.5x
//Iron
Crucible.removeRecipe(oreIron);
Crucible.removeRecipe(oreIronG);
for iron in <ore:eek:reIron>.items {
Crucible.addRecipe(1538, iron, <liquid:iron.molten> * 216);
}

seems the rest of the script isn't loading from there on.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
This could be due to chunks being generated as it is a fresh world after all try increasing permgen as the permgen java argument works with Regrowth.

Isn't this the argument? I got that one as one of the arguments . -XX: PermSize=256m (w/o space, just avoiding the smiley face)

1.7.10 doesn't have yet the 1.8 render optmizations like not rendering what is not visible to the player. So... When you look down it renders all the caves...

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Oh Mojang, why you do that to me? lol
Thanks though :p

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't this the argument? I got that one as one of the arguments . -XX: PermSize=256m (w/o space, just avoiding the smiley face)

Oh Mojang, why you do that to me? lol
Thanks though :p

Yes that is the correct argument but... the FTB launcher standard permgen without any arguments is already 256m so maybe try increase to 512m if you have sufficient memory of course.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that is the correct argument but... the FTB launcher standard permgen without any arguments is already 256m so maybe try increase to 512m if you have sufficient memory of course.

Ok, so I changed the number from 256 to 512 and the game crashed again, like it was happening before. I got 6 gigs of RAM, shouldn't it be enough?

xPhar

Jul 29, 2019
Question about Applied Energistics. I got far enough in the pack that I wanted to attack that. I can't figure out how to make Fluix Crystal. NEI says to drop a Charged Certus Quartz with other things and when I use NEI to check the Charged Certus Quartz it says Charged Certus Quartz can be found in the world semi rarely, it appears similar to normal Certuz Quartz, except it sparkles... Heuuu I have explored a lot of the world and I have never seen that EVER! I must be missing something really basic here? Any idea?

nightandstars10

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good to me also hang spanish moss & vines from the trees also try planting lots of plants/flowers your next big jump in power will come when fill the chalice.

Of those try take away the skeleton skull and the torch. The torch and candelabra are the same type so it'll only be counting one, likewise with the skulls.

I do have spanish moss around and a stupid amount of flowers/plants too.
I added the torch and the skeleton skull mostly because I didn't know where to put them ^^

Last edited:

nightandstars10

Jul 29, 2019
Question about Applied Energistics. I got far enough in the pack that I wanted to attack that. I can't figure out how to make Fluix Crystal. NEI says to drop a Charged Certus Quartz with other things and when I use NEI to check the Charged Certus Quartz it says Charged Certus Quartz can be found in the world semi rarely, it appears similar to normal Certuz Quartz, except it sparkles... Heuuu I have explored a lot of the world and I have never seen that EVER! I must be missing something really basic here? Any idea?

You have to make a charger to charge the certus quartz, and to make charger you'll have to start mekanism too.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/pHi4pdQt
Well here is the WHOLE latest forge log.
My love of farming mods brought me back, until I find a fix I'll play on my normal modded survival world.
To help you fix can post as much information as you can i.e. specs, logs, java version and crash reports if any after reinstallation thanks

Also pack version. 0.6.3 and 0.6.4 had versions of botania which could cause exactly the problem you're describing with some AMD graphics cards