[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
FPS = frames per second & TPS = ticks per seconds but IIRC TPS is more of a sever thing but I could be wrong. Also are you using the agricraft sprinkers as they can cause lag issues especially if I use more than 1 at a time & how much RAM have you given FTB/regrowth you might also need to increase your permgen size.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for replying ...

I'm not using the sprinklers yet.

In fact, not really much of anything except quite a lot of crops and crossbreeding going on (about 300 blocks total).
Botania: 10 dayblooms, 10 nightblooms, 6 hydrothingies, 3 spreaders, pool and altar.
Mariculture: vat and crucible
TiC: smeltery
No witchery stuff yet.

Ram is set to min 3GB - max 4GB. PermGen is at 512. It's running on java 7. I have been using this config for a while - seemed okay up until this recent issue.

The PC is an i5, nVidia GE 650 card, and 8 Gb total ram.

EDIT: Originally put GE 660 card.

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
One solution for FPS lag due to bad memory management is using an alternate launcher.

MultiMC have a better memory management in my opinion.

With FTP launcher the first launch of a pack occupy 2,3Gig RAM and after several times the RAM is up to 2,6Gig.

With MultiMC the first is 2,3Gig too but rapidly decreasing around 1,6 Gig.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I do actually launch from MultiMC - mainly so that I could manage instances better than with the FTB launcher.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I do actually launch from MultiMC - mainly so that I could manage instances better than with the FTB launcher.

I actually switched back to the regular launcher from MultiMC because when using the crucible it would stutter to the point of freezing. I would suggest trying the regular launcher for Regrowth as I have not really run into any of those problems since I did.

leeber2002

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried installing fastcraft? I was having some slight stutter issues as I've got a weaker PC than you atm, and that cleared it up.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I actually switched back to the regular launcher from MultiMC because when using the crucible it would stutter to the point of freezing. I would suggest trying the regular launcher for Regrowth as I have run into not really any problems since I did.

Ok - that's a plan. Will report back later on when I get a chance to test. Cheers guys.

PS. So what do you reckon 'FPS lag' or 'microstutter'? Just to help me know what I'm talking about. :)

leeber2002

Jul 29, 2019
Ok - that's a plan. Will report back later on when I get a chance to test. Cheers guys.

PS. So what do you reckon 'FPS lag' or 'microstutter'? Just to help me know what I'm talking about. :)
Micro stutter probably, if it seems everything freezes momentarily. FPS lag just hurts your VISUAL frame rate. TPS lag means that actions to do take longer/machines and plants grow slightly slower. Stutters are, from my knowledge, when everything freezes

Reactions: SolManX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried installing fastcraft? I was having some slight stutter issues as I've got a weaker PC than you atm, and that cleared it up.

Frustratingly, yes, fastcraft is also installed and something I forgot to mention earlier. I was thinking about trying optifine as well, but will try @Avalonzo's suggestion first.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Micro stutter probably, if it seems everything freezes momentarily. FPS lag just hurts your VISUAL frame rate. TPS lag means that actions to do take longer/machines and plants grow slightly slower. Stutters are, from my knowledge, when everything freezes

Yes, it's more than just visual, but it's different to the 'smooth for 20 secs then a big freeze' I've got in other situations. This is a permament stuttering, which gets more pronounced when I'm harvesting the agricraft/magical crops.

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
I have only started this pack at the beginning of the week and I am totally hooked. With so far only one part which felt annoying and grindy, namely where you can trade for essences to get yourself started on the magical seeds.

A much more sadistic version could be made by adding Pam's Harvestcraft and Hunger Overhaul (but I don't think that's necessary, but it could work).

I have one question though, but is anyone else having issues with the Fish Feeder (and the tank setup) ?
My tank goes out 3 blocks from the feeder, and 3 up. Yet I still keep getting the message the tank is too small (wooden walls) (maybe that's the issue).

Reactions: Raetac

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
FPS = frames per second & TPS = ticks per seconds but IIRC TPS is more of a sever thing but I could be wrong. Also are you using the agricraft sprinkers as they can cause lag issues especially if I use more than 1 at a time & how much RAM have you given FTB/regrowth you might also need to increase your permgen size.

I found that sprinkler lag can be reduced a ton if you turn MIP mapping off in the video options. I also noticed sprinklers look the same regardless of the particles setting. Which is highly annoying.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I have only started this pack at the beginning of the week and I am totally hooked. With so far only one part which felt annoying and grindy, namely where you can trade for essences to get yourself started on the magical seeds.

A much more sadistic version could be made by adding Pam's Harvestcraft and Hunger Overhaul (but I don't think that's necessary, but it could work).

I have one question though, but is anyone else having issues with the Fish Feeder (and the tank setup) ?
My tank goes out 3 blocks from the feeder, and 3 up. Yet I still keep getting the message the tank is too small (wooden walls) (maybe that's the issue).

Try building your tank like this - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a24lja9dsi3rvt/Fish feeder.png?dl=0

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I actually switched back to the regular launcher from MultiMC because when using the crucible it would stutter to the point of freezing. I would suggest trying the regular launcher for Regrowth as I have not really run into any of those problems since I did.

Well, running it from the FTB launcher is a marked improvement. The 'stuttering' is still there, but it's not bothering me anything like it was before.

Thanks for (all) the suggestions.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, running it from the FTB launcher is a marked improvement. The 'stuttering' is still there, but it's not bothering me anything like it was before.

I just noticed in your earlier post you have your minimum RAM set rather high try setting the minimum to 512mb because you could be forcing it to use way more than it needs. My settings are minimum of 512mb & max of 4gb and rarely use over 1.2gb meaning it has 2.8gb spare for when it needs it.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

The fish tanks are a little finicky currently. Sometimes they'll register fine, other times they won't without changing anything. You may find that it'll just start working after relaunching the pack

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently doing a fresh play through on v0.6.5 & have noticed you have tweaked some of the quests/rewards. I just got the nature essence quest and want to say thank for the new reward of 6 x lillypad & both types of mushroom spores gonna save me a bunch of mutandis this time round :D

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019

Are you by chance using buildcraft fluid pipes? If so, break any wooden fluid pipes you have and see if the stuttering goes away. I had stuttering from them. It seemed to be caused by breaking the block the pipe was pulling from and then replacing the block or putting a different one there. Breaking the wooden pipe and placing it last seemed to fix the issue. Also, buildcraft fluid pipes don't seem to like mariculture tanks/crucibles. Sometimes it would be fine for a while, sometimes it would cause major log spam which would also cause stuttering. I had that problem trying to use a crucible to automate emptying buckets of lava to push the lava into an iron tank. I ended up having the crucible auto-output the lava to an adjacent buildcraft tank and then use wooden pipes to get the lava to the iron tank.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019

Yes I am, glad I'm not the only one, I'm seriously thing of trying to make more feeders, maybe I have a corrupt one

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I am, glad I'm not the only one, I'm seriously thing of trying to make more feeders, maybe I have a corrupt one

That sucks your still having issues with the feeder so yea there is a slight chance of a bad one maybe make another or maybe something else is off. Could you upload a picture of the fish tank with the feeder inside maybe we might maybe able to spot the cause.