[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed in your earlier post you have your minimum RAM set rather high try setting the minimum to 512mb because you could be forcing it to use way more than it needs. My settings are minimum of 512mb & max of 4gb and rarely use over 1.2gb meaning it has 2.8gb spare for when it needs it.

Okay - will try that too. Can't remember where I got the min value before anyway.

Are you by chance using buildcraft fluid pipes? If so, break any wooden fluid pipes you have and see if the stuttering goes away. I had stuttering from them. It seemed to be caused by breaking the block the pipe was pulling from and then replacing the block or putting a different one there. Breaking the wooden pipe and placing it last seemed to fix the issue. Also, buildcraft fluid pipes don't seem to like mariculture tanks/crucibles. Sometimes it would be fine for a while, sometimes it would cause major log spam which would also cause stuttering. I had that problem trying to use a crucible to automate emptying buckets of lava to push the lava into an iron tank. I ended up having the crucible auto-output the lava to an adjacent buildcraft tank and then use wooden pipes to get the lava to the iron tank.

Again, thanks for the tip, but no, wasn't using the BC pipes at all yet.

On another note, @Amadeus99, your avatar and my avatar are mortal enemies!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
That sucks your still having issues with the feeder so yea there is a slight chance of a bad one maybe make another or maybe something else is off. Could you upload a picture of the fish tank with the feeder inside maybe we might maybe able to spot the cause.
I think my main problem is that the feeder wont take any food I put in the slot to fill its reserve tank, that and it dosnt recognise any water around it, even if its at the bottom of the ocean (which I have seen some other people have theirs in 1.7.10)

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I think my main problem is that the feeder wont take any food I put in the slot to fill its reserve tank, that and it dosnt recognise any water around it, even if its at the bottom of the ocean (which I have seen some other people have theirs in 1.7.10)

I see what you mean now I made my tank slighty bigger and it wouldn't take the food but returning my tank to how it was and replacing the feeder made it work.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The fish food is just a result of it not recognising the tank around it as the amount of storage for fish food is determined by the size of the tank

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with AgriCraft's water tank bugging out in .65? I've had to destroy mine and replace the blocks twice thus far.

It might just be a visual glitch. It seems if I log out while standing by the tank it seems fine right when I log in. Still quite annoying though.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with AgriCraft's water tank bugging out in .65? I've had to destroy mine and replace the blocks twice thus far.

It might just be a visual glitch. It seems if I log out while standing by the tank it seems fine right when I log in. Still quite annoying though.
It might be an issue with chunkloading and it being on a chunk border as often happens with multiblocks. Try loading it with a World Anchor (needs ender pearls as fuel) and see if that helps

DBDragoner

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way you can add in the crafting of vanilla flowers? I'd love to play with the garden stuff mod, but its takes a LOT of bonemeal to get one vanilla flower. The Extrabiomes flowers are nice, but are considered large flowers so they don't make as pretty of a garden. The flower crops only give dye or seeds. Maybe you can set it up so you can use the Botania mana pool to transfigure dye into flowers? Thank you for this wonderful mod pack, I'm enjoying it a lot.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way you can add in the crafting of vanilla flowers? I'd love to play with the garden stuff mod, but its takes a LOT of bonemeal to get one vanilla flower. The Extrabiomes flowers are nice, but are considered large flowers so they don't make as pretty of a garden. The flower crops only give dye or seeds. Maybe you can set it up so you can use the Botania mana pool to transfigure dye into flowers? Thank you for this wonderful mod pack, I'm enjoying it a lot.
Mutandis will produce Dandelions and Poppies quite frequently, though I don't think it makes any of the other vanilla flowers. Any other possible changes likely won't be seen until 0.7, as at this stage, barring any unknown major issues 0.6.5 is going to be the last 0.6.x version.

LongStrider

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this qualifies as a bug or an intended feature that had a negative impact on me. I had not completed Ender-ference, but had already accumulated multiple Enderpearls (Mariculture oysters and from the agricraft plants) and killed several other ender associated creatures from the Ender Zoo mod. As this was my first real play through, I didn't know that this one quest, sitting alone in the book, had blocked out large chunks of progress, primarily in What the World is Made Of. I had several quests there already completed, before they were even visible to me.

I would prefer to see those quests gated by the ability to get ender pearls rather than killing an enderman.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to wait a couple of days before posting, I find this one if not the best progression balanced pack I have tested to date, none of the rewards are OP for the quest lvl, the only couple of points (gripes) is the lack of automation (more so early game), & BC pipes, seems odd that with all the configurable conduit/pipe mods out there I am forced to go old school & used BC pipes, I do understand that mods like ender IO may break your progression ideas, but you could remove all but the conduits or add nodes & pipes from EU & ban the watering can & or the rest, or an easier option is to add a mod like Modular storage for early game storage/crafting & for very basic automation a mod like adjustable chest would take some of the grind out of harvesting & reduce the over all number of plants needed.

Over all a very enjoyable pack, atm doing the quest chain to get greatwood, its longer than I expected :), your use of Botania is very classy, just a beautiful mod to use, its such a well planed & executed pack some of the other pack authors could learn something from this little jem.

Last edited:

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
It might be an issue with chunkloading and it being on a chunk border as often happens with multiblocks. Try loading it with a World Anchor (needs ender pearls as fuel) and see if that helps

Haven't tried an anchor but it is inside one chunk. So no chunk boundaries being crossed.

R

Ryan284678923

Hey guys, again, I'm moving forward slowly but just want to know how to get like aluminum cause I want to make alumite tools or something, what kind of tools should I be working towards?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I actually switched back to the regular launcher from MultiMC because when using the crucible it would stutter to the point of freezing. I would suggest trying the regular launcher for Regrowth as I have not really run into any of those problems since I did.

Hey @Avalonzo, just realised I hadn't properly transferred over the save back to the FTB launcher properly. After I'd posted about the improvement I realised the quest progress hadn't carried over, so was back to square one quest-wise. That may have been where the improvement came from.

Only trouble is, I don't actually know why the quest progress didn't carry over when I transferred the save back from MultiMC. How did you 'migrate' back to the FTB launcher? Did you retain your progress?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @Avalonzo, just realised I hadn't properly transferred over the save back to the FTB launcher properly. After I'd posted about the improvement I realised the quest progress hadn't carried over, so was back to square one quest-wise. That may have been where the improvement came from.

Only trouble is, I don't actually know why the quest progress didn't carry over when I transferred the save back from MultiMC. How did you 'migrate' back to the FTB launcher? Did you retain your progress?

I didn't really need to do anything to migrate as I have track FTB instances ticked/checked off in MultiMC setting meaning that the MultiMC uses the same folder that FTB launchers uses so I didn't need to migrate anything as anything progress I made using MultiMC was saved to the default Regrowth folder. If you have the same settings as me it sounds like you somehow wiped the quest book do you have back-ups?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't really need to do anything to migrate as I have track FTB instances ticked/checked off in MultiMC setting meaning that the MultiMC uses the same folder that FTB launchers uses so I didn't need to migrate anything as anything progress I made using MultiMC was saved to the default Regrowth folder. If you have the same settings as me it sounds like you somehow wiped the quest book do you have back-ups?

Yes, I see. What I do in MultiMC is make a copy of the FTB instance and then use the copy rather than the original.

Thankfully, the quest book is up to date in that instance. Just got to work out how to transfer the save back to the original instance keeping the progress intact. I suppose I could just do \hqm edit, tick off all the quest done so far, and chuck all the rewards. Wouldn't be too bad.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I see. What I do in MultiMC is make a copy of the FTB instance and then use the copy rather than the original.

Thankfully, the quest book is up to date in that instance. Just got to work out how to transfer the save back to the original instance keeping the progress intact. I suppose I could just do \hqm edit, tick off all the quest done so far, and chuck all the rewards. Wouldn't be too bad.

Migrating shouldn't be too hard I assume you are opening both save folders then just transfering the whole save folder from MultiMC over to Regrowth's save folder which is the correct way and should have kept everything or are you only transferring select files/folders? If that's what your already doing and it still wipes the quest book you could also try opening the original regrowth folder and delete everything in it and then copy/paste everything from the copy over to the original then it will be an exact match.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Migrating shouldn't be too hard I assume you are opening both save folders then just transfering the whole save folder from MultiMC over to Regrowth's save folder which is the correct way and should have kept everything or are you only transferring select files/folders? If that's what your already doing and it still wipes the quest book you could also try opening the original regrowth folder and delete everything in it and then copy/paste everything from the copy over to the original then it will be an exact match.

That's what I did - or at least, that's what I thought I did. I'll give it another go later.