[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
No problem you most welcome also did you make sure to change the permgen in the FTB launcher options. If not go into the options then click advanced options & in the box for advanced java arguments put the same as I have in the picture below to set it to 512mb as you said in an earlier post you set your permgen to 512mb.

qzJkRw8.png

Yes, did that earlier. But now I notice that you're using Java 8. Hmm, think I'm going to try that too. The plot thickens.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
If you update to Java8 I suggest adding Javalegacyfixer mod to your instance. I believe that's the name of the mod, it bridges any possible problems some mods would have with Java 8

Reactions: capSAR273

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to make the crystal growth accelerators accept energy from a combustion engine?
I have not got that far in my map but normally you need a energy acceptor, be warned the accelerators are not fully I-sided placing the acceptor under the accelerator then feed the power into the acceptor normally works, the more power you feed it the faster it will work, can take a lot of power, 4 accelerators around a block of water with lots of power will grow the seeds in minutes, but unless you have steam boilers not really an option.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, did that earlier. But now I notice that you're using Java 8. Hmm, think I'm going to try that too. The plot thickens.
Yes, Java 8 will probably help a lot! I used to have similar kind of lag until I upgraded to Java 8 and its a breeze now!
If you update to Java8 I suggest adding Javalegacyfixer mod to your instance. I believe that's the name of the mod, it bridges any possible problems some mods would have with Java 8
I dont think there is need for the javalegacyfixer anymore. The forge fixed it a bunch of versions ago. I never used it...

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, sure did. That's cleared the stutter almost completely as far as I can tell.

Didn't need javalegacyfixer after all, but thanks for suggestion @tedyhere. PS When's your next Regrowth vid? Oops, that sounds like an eta request!

Haha no worries, I had a rough couple of weeks between work and sickness in the house. Hoping to get some recording done tonight :D

nightandstars10

Jul 29, 2019
I have not got that far in my map but normally you need a energy acceptor, be warned the accelerators are not fully I-sided placing the acceptor under the accelerator then feed the power into the acceptor normally works, the more power you feed it the faster it will work, can take a lot of power, 4 accelerators around a block of water with lots of power will grow the seeds in minutes, but unless you have steam boilers not really an option.

The pipes connect correctly but no power is passing through, I read somewhere that it accepts MJ from builcraft, but the engines produce RF.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The pipes connect correctly but no power is passing through, I read somewhere that it accepts MJ from builcraft, but the engines produce RF.
Bear in mind that compared to most RF based mods, BC RC and forestry produce and use relatively small amounts of power. Compounded with this is the fact that AE uses a lot more power in this pack than normal so you may just not have sufficient energy infrastructure to support the accelerators

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember correctly with the increase in power required by AE2 for this pack, you need at least 80 RF/t per crystal growth accelerator. Anything less and they won't turn on.

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get rutile? For mining it in the nether I need thaumium mining level - I only currently have alumite. BTW Is thaumcraft in the quests, or you can/should do it independently?

nightandstars10

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get rutile? For mining it in the nether I need thaumium mining level - I only currently have alumite. BTW Is thaumcraft in the quests, or you can/should do it independently?

I made pig iron in a smeltery though it is extremely slow but the "best" option. I think phoenix said he's already working on Thaumcraft quests.

TennePlaysGames

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do Thaumcraft Obelisks happen to spawn? If not, would it be at all possible to find a way to make them spawn? Either way, I love the modpack, keep up the great work! ^_^

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do Thaumcraft Obelisks happen to spawn? If not, would it be at all possible to find a way to make them spawn? Either way, I love the modpack, keep up the great work! ^_^
They might be spawning on ocean islands, but honestly I'm not sure. I'm probably going to add a way to make the obelisk spawner creative item anyway though.

TennePlaysGames

Jul 29, 2019
They do spawn I found one on an island.
They might be spawning on ocean islands, but honestly I'm not sure. I'm probably going to add a way to make the obelisk spawner creative item anyway though.

Awesome! but either way, if you do want to make the creative obelisk spawnable, I would recommend changing some of the vanilla thaumcraft research a bit so that you don't have to read the crimson rites(or you could do that as a quest reward of sorts). Here's a script that I made that changed the vanilla thaumcraft research

// Imports

import mods.thaumcraft.research

// Opening the Eye

mods.thaumcraft.Research.clearPrereqs("OCULUS");
mods.thaumcraft.Research.clearPages("OCULUS");
mods.thaumcraft.Research.addPrereq("OCULUS", "ELDRITCHMAJOR", false);
mods.thaumcraft.Research.addPage("OCULUS", "thaumcraft.research_page.OCULUS");
game.setLocalization("en_US", "thaumcraft.research_page.OCULUS", "After having such a life-changing revelation, you became incredibly interested with strange structures called 'Obelisks'. They seem to be a gateway to a new reality, and you came to call the ritual of opening the portal 'Aperis Oculus,' or 'Opening the Eye.' The way to complete this ritual is to craft four Eldritch Eyes, place them on the altar right below the the obelisk, and give it a tap with a wand that has at least one hundred vis in it. You're not sure how dangerous this place might be, but you're certain that you'll be able to make it through the surprises it might have in store.");
mods.thaumcraft.Research.addInfusionPage("OCULUS", <Thaumcraft:ItemEldritchObject>);

As for the recipe for the obelisk, I would tie it to the Oculus research, and make the recipe require a few eldritch eyes, some void seeds and some obsidian tiles, but that's just me. Also, if you do implement this, you'll need to warn the player to place them *at least* 750 blocks away from each one to make sure that they actually spawn labyrinths.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much for this amazing modpack. I just started a Let's Play series (first episode here) and I'm having a ton of fun with it. If there is anything I can do to help the pack along, I'd be more than happy to assist. I think the worst part of my first handful of hours with it has been finding that first Oyster. All the coral on the sea bed was dry, so none of it provided any light!

The sense of loneliness in this pack is far greater than any other Minecraft world I've experienced, more so than even skyblocks. I think it's the wasteland. No matter where you go, everything is the same. No villages to find, no mines worth exploring, just you and the dead nothingness. The quests really help set the tone as well.

I am really fantastically pleased. I can't wait to see where you take this!