[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
See if VSWE has time. He helped Iskandar with crash landing. Maybe minetweak the recipes for oak logs out and change the logs in the quests to birch or spruce or something.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
See if VSWE has time. He helped Iskandar with crash landing. Maybe minetweak the recipes for oak logs out and change the logs in the quests to birch or spruce or something.
Funnily enough its not the logs that are the issue, and I'm not talking about removing oak trees completely, they're rather obtainable further in and necessary for witchery. It's just that saplings aren't supposed to be immediately accessible in this pack (saplings and cobble are kinda reversed in accessibility compared to most no-ore packs) while these trees spawning out of my control means that there is the possibility for the player to get saplings well before they're supposed to. I'll see about talking to VSWE though, and if that fails I can probably just make a post in the mods forum requesting it and see if anyone is willing to do it.

Vswe

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone knows of a way to potentially stop oak trees from spawning in beach and ocean biomes (on islands) do let me know, they break progression thoroughly and I can't seem to find a way to disable them.

By spawn, you mean get generated during world gen in vanilla oceans and beaches? I'm not promising anything, but if I would look into it, would you want:
1. For trees not to spawn at all in those biomes, or
2. For those biomes not to get generated, or
3. It doesn't matter how, just obliterate the trees?

Last edited:

DefinedAscent

Jul 29, 2019
when going to the new update, you lose all your reputation thus causing the quest "The Witching Hour" impossible to do

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
By spawn, you mean get generated during world gen in vanilla oceans and beaches? I'm not promising anything, but if I would look into it, would you want:
1. For trees not to spawn at all in those biomes, or
2. For those biomes not to get generated, or
3. It doesn't matter how, just obliterate the trees?
To be honest if its easiest, it would be ok to just stop trees spawning anywhere at all. Those 2 biomes are the only ones they can spawn in in this pack, so are the only problematic ones, but there would be no discernible difference if they were stopped completely. Thanks for looking into this though.
when going to the new update, you lose all your reputation thus causing the quest "The Witching Hour" impossible to do
Huh. That's not something I anticipated. Your best bet is to use /hqm edit to get the edit book and manually reset and recomplete some quests to get your rep up.

NBELGO

Jul 29, 2019
Love this pack, just started a world today and love it! In my opinion it is better than modpacks like AG skies and packs that use ex nihilo and such because this feels to me more "genuine". I'd love to beta test and stay in the loop about this pack.
Love the pack and keep up the great work! :D

katiebee911

Jul 29, 2019
Im have some problems with the your sap quest. The description is not very clear. How do you get sapplings using the mutandis?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Im have some problems with the your sap quest. The description is not very clear. How do you get sapplings using the mutandis?
Right click the mutandis on vanilla tall grass, which you can get by using bonemeal on a grass block. There are quite a few different things it can mutate into so you may have to use a good number of mutandis. Good news is the quest accepts any type of sapling, so if you get any 1 sapling, you can grow it until you have the 4 saplings needed.
For those interested, I've added a link to my running changelog file to the OP, which I update as I make changes to the pack. So if you want to know what's coming next, feel free to take a peek.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Checking out the pack. Started in a wasteland but right next to a very thriving village which is great. Getting lots of food which is even better.
has a mortician/bed so can sleep the night (best spawn ever) till I get woken up to be sucked into a hungry node right next to mortician's house. awwwwman.....

anyways. got a question for you. I have some wood that I picked up after getting rid of nascent hungry node over many deaths. have wood from houses, etc. so I could move on from there but the crafting table to make the tool station to complete one of the first quests, has a tinkers hatchet (with no picture but a multi-colored splotch) along side a plank of wood iirc. but you need the crafting station before you make the hatchet, and loop de loop. chicken and egg.

I have a bunch of dead wood, charcoal, flint and got first quest but next one sorta befuddles me on how to make the thing before I can make the thing. and wouldn't you know this village has everything but a tinkers villager area. :(

Reactions: egor66

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a crafting table to make the hatchet. The axe head can be formed in the 2x2 crafting window, along with the tool rod and then can be combined in the same window. Took me awhile to figure out as well.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You don't need a crafting table to make the hatchet. The axe head can be formed in the 2x2 crafting window, along with the tool rod and then can be combined in the same window. Took me awhile to figure out as well.
yeah, something strange happened when I pulled this topic up. I had the initial post and about 5-6 replies. so I posted my question. After posting, it said new msgs since I posted and I hit view and I have now 4 pages. I have zero clue what happened.

who knew so much in 2x2 crafting window could be made :) Thanx alot. that worked.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, something strange happened when I pulled this topic up. I had the initial post and about 5-6 replies. so I posted my question. After posting, it said new msgs since I posted and I hit view and I have now 4 pages. I have zero clue what happened.

who knew so much in 2x2 crafting window could be made :) Thanx alot. that worked.
It's a common point of confusion in the pack, so I've added a bit more info to the relevant quests for 0.5 :)