[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Did you use an Auto Chisel in any of your quests? Updating Chisel changed a few item id names. If you load an old world to have Forge tell you what blocks have been removed from the world, those item will have to be removed from your quests before you updated the mods. Once they are removed you can update the mods and you'll be able to re-add those items to the quests, then you can save again.
Well aware of Chisel update causing issues, and am aware that its probably what has caused this. I have tried using a copy of the instance pre chisel update and deleting the references to chisel blocks in the quests.
I have however just been informed by the players on my test server for the pack that there is another reference to limestone that I'd forgotten about, so I'll give it another shot

DefinedAscent

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "Not Farmville 3" says to crossbreed potato and belladonna for mandrake, but it is actually regular seeds and belladonna

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "Not Farmville 3" says to crossbreed potato and belladonna for mandrake, but it is actually regular seeds and belladonna
Know about that one too.
I think I'm going to look at releasing a 0.4.1 tomorrow to fix these bugs that have been found.
Oh, and no quest rewrite required, it was due to my having missed the other mention of limestone in the quests

Last edited:

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the recommended way for creating a new world? I feel like thriving villages do not really fit the wasteland theme of the pack. On the other hand im afraid that the pack will guide me towards The End at some point.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the recommended way for creating a new world? I feel like thriving villages do not really fit the wasteland theme of the pack. On the other hand im afraid that the pack will guide me towards The End at some point.
Basically as long as you don't spawn in the middle of an ocean biome the world will start you as intended. Personally I'm ok with the presence of the villages, but if enough people think it'd be better to disable them then I will.
End is not required presently at all, though it is accessible far before you have the equipment to safely take it on if you so wish.

Last edited:

StAj

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I like the challenge of this modpack so much that I decided to make a Let's Play Series of it on my YoutubeChannel: LMoBtRiX
Here you have the banner of the first episode, it should be online today if everythings goes right. So let's get the hype on!

9U5fmJW.jpg

lewis salter

Jul 29, 2019
when i try to make sugar cane seeds and belladonna seed using the agricraft mod the mutation never happens i have tried loads and cannot get a mutaion to happen can you tell me what im doing wrong

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Did you use "crossbreeding crops" instead of the default ones?
  2. The neighbouring crops need to be fully grown for mutation to happen so dont harvest them.
  3. One of the recipes described in the quest book is wrong, check with NEI what seeds are needed.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
Most fun I've had with a pack in a while. The villages feel a bit broken, you can skip a lot of the survival parts if you are lucky enough to find a village. Free food, wood, seeds and shelter.

Might I suggest adding a recipe to make belladonna seeds? Potatoes and carrot have one, kinda surprising that belladonna didn't have one.

Great pack. Can't wait to see how this develops.

EDIT: I can always just manually disable villages. Still, food for though.

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
a) oh server, me want
b) charcoal is such a rare drop, just saying you should up the chance just a little, I have 3 stacks of sticks and 5 charcoal

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
b) charcoal is such a rare drop, just saying you should up the chance just a little, I have 3 stacks of sticks and 5 charcoal

You can hunt for Charcoal by just farming the "Charred Wood", not the dead wood. Also charcoal stopped being a problem for me as soon as I got the first saplings.

Another question, sometimes seeds with matching attributes (growth, gain and strength) do not stack. Are there some more hidden attributes like the generation which waila does not show?

DefinedAscent

Jul 29, 2019
I also found a village in my playthrough and they do in fact help you skip a lot of the quest challenges, I think they should end up being disabled

C'mon You Pancy

Jul 29, 2019
The "Earthly Possessions" quest doesn't let me claim the reward, anyone know what is wrong?
Edit: I just read the previous reply's and found out it was a bug with chisel. derp :p

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The only qualm I have with disabling villages is that it then becomes a LOT harder to play without the quests, although doing so requires knowing the pack really well anyway. If you want to disable them yourself in the meantime, you can do so in the extrabiomes.cfg file.
Anyway, I've submitted the 0.4.1 update to the 3rd party team, so all going well it should be on the launcher soon. This update should fix most if not all of the bugs I know about, but let me know if I missed anything.
Those looking closely might have noticed the presence of its changelog in the first post for the last 4 or so hours, but here it is again:
Mod Changes:
- Updated Agricraft to 1.1.0
- Updated Blood Magic to 1.3.0a-1
- Updated Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.4.1
- Updated Chisel to 2.2.1
- Updated Custom Main Menu to 0.8
- Updated Iguana Tinkers Tweaks to 2.1.1
- Updated Ruins to 14.6
Config Changes:
- Agricraft
- Disabled weeds
- Fixed Mandrake Mutation - is now Belladonna + Potato as stated in the quest book
- Lowered Mutation chance slightly to 0.4
- Increased Crops per craft from 2 to 4
- Custom Main Menu
- Updated the Main Menu to include Support button (opens link to forum thread) & Open Eye buttons
- Open Eye
- Enabled Main Menu Button
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Changed recipe for components of the Bibliocraft atlas - mapping capabilities are now available as soon as you have sugar cane!
- Fixed Hatchet being consumed upon crafting a crafting table - unfortunately Hatchet must still be on full durability
- Increased Egg recipe output to 16 as it is fairly expensive to only get a chance at getting chickens
- Reduced Mana Cost of Alt. Floral Fertilizer recipe
Quest Changes:
- Changed all seed detections to NBT independent detection - so analyzed seeds will count
- Added 2 Quests related to Cartography
- Changed detection of the Tool Forge in "Searing Heat" to Fuzzy Detection, should now accept all the different metal tool forges
- Fixed references to Chisel Blocks in rewards and tasks in quests "Earthly Possessions" and "Bauxite Bonus"
- Changed a number of rewards which were giving out magic crops seeds to account for the power of Agricraft farming
- Changed Quest "The Witching Hour" to unlock with Reputation of Arcanist 25

StAj

Jul 29, 2019
And as I promised here you have the video I talked about, hope you enjoy it.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone knows of a way to potentially stop oak trees from spawning in beach and ocean biomes (on islands) do let me know, they break progression thoroughly and I can't seem to find a way to disable them.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone knows of a way to potentially stop oak trees from spawning in beach and ocean biomes (on islands) do let me know, they break progression thoroughly and I can't seem to find a way to disable them.
disable the spawning of beach and ocean biomes?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is that they are needed for a couple of different reasons, namely mariculture, but also for there to be a grass surface for wispy cotton to spawn on in the spirit world

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
enable vanilla ocean and beach biomes? they don't have trees i believe. Maybe add recipes for the mariculture stuff? ask someone for a mod?