[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

D

Dead_Master

Quick question, are the mekanism fluid tanks meant to be uncraftable and unobtainable beyond the basic tank?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Quick question, are the mekanism fluid tanks meant to be uncraftable and unobtainable beyond the basic tank?
So I just had a quick check through the MineTweaker scripts for the most recent version Regrowth, and as far as I can tell the recipes for the fluid tanks were altered but should be present!

The lines in question are below in the spoiler:
//Change fluid tank recipes
recipes.remove(fluidTank);
recipes.addShaped(fluidTankBasic, [[plateIron, <ore:glass>, plateIron], [<ore:glass>, <minecraft:bucket>, <ore:glass>], [plateIron, <ore:glass>, plateIron]]);
recipes.addShaped(fluidTankAdvanced, [[mekCircuitAdvanced, chipsetGold, mekCircuitAdvanced], [enrichedAlloy, fluidTank.onlyWithTag({tier: 0}), enrichedAlloy], [plateSteel, energyTablet, plateSteel]]);
recipes.addShaped(fluidTankElite, [[mekCircuitElite, chipsetDiamond, mekCircuitElite], [reinforcedAlloy, fluidTank.onlyWithTag({tier: 1}), reinforcedAlloy], [plateOsmium, energyTablet, plateOsmium]]);
recipes.addShaped(fluidTankUltimate, [[mekCircuitUltimate, chipsetDiamond, mekCircuitUltimate], [atomicAlloy, fluidTank.onlyWithTag({tier: 2}), atomicAlloy], [plateTitanium, energyTablet, plateTitanium]]);

D

Dead_Master

So I just had a quick check through the MineTweaker scripts for the most recent version Regrowth, and as far as I can tell the recipes for the fluid tanks were altered but should be present!

The lines in question are below in the spoiler:
//Change fluid tank recipes
recipes.remove(fluidTank);
recipes.addShaped(fluidTankBasic, [[plateIron, <ore:glass>, plateIron], [<ore:glass>, <minecraft:bucket>, <ore:glass>], [plateIron, <ore:glass>, plateIron]]);
recipes.addShaped(fluidTankAdvanced, [[mekCircuitAdvanced, chipsetGold, mekCircuitAdvanced], [enrichedAlloy, fluidTank.onlyWithTag({tier: 0}), enrichedAlloy], [plateSteel, energyTablet, plateSteel]]);
recipes.addShaped(fluidTankElite, [[mekCircuitElite, chipsetDiamond, mekCircuitElite], [reinforcedAlloy, fluidTank.onlyWithTag({tier: 1}), reinforcedAlloy], [plateOsmium, energyTablet, plateOsmium]]);
recipes.addShaped(fluidTankUltimate, [[mekCircuitUltimate, chipsetDiamond, mekCircuitUltimate], [atomicAlloy, fluidTank.onlyWithTag({tier: 2}), atomicAlloy], [plateTitanium, energyTablet, plateTitanium]]);

Sorry, I should have clarified. Yes the recipies exist, but the only way I could find them was from looking at the usage of a basic fluid tank (side not: each tier used the basic fluid tank in it's recipe). The items didn't exist in NEI when I looked them up (and thus could not give myself the item) and the actual recipe for any tier tank did not actually work in the crafting table.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Sorry, I should have clarified. Yes the recipies exist, but the only way I could find them was from looking at the usage of a basic fluid tank (side not: each tier used the basic fluid tank in it's recipe). The items didn't exist in NEI when I looked them up (and thus could not give myself the item) and the actual recipe for any tier tank did not actually work in the crafting table.
Ah I see! That's a bit weird definitely. Also, tricky one here - despite the recipe showing that it can use a basic fluid tank, I'm fairly sure that you need the tier below. Having said that, I don't think I tried to make Mekanism fluid tanks in Regrowth myself - I did the gas tanks, but I've got a sneaking suspicion I didn't try the fluid tanks - I tended to use dynamic tanks or Railcraft tanks. As far as I can see, it should work, so if it doesn't I'm afraid I've got no ideas :(

DaHui

Jul 29, 2019
So i did a little searching through the forum to see if there is any updating still happening with this modpack or if there are any plans to update to a more current version of minecraft but I didn't find anything. Is this modpack still being worked on or is it considered "complete"? and would there be any plans to update to 1.12? This was my favorite modpack so I was just curious if there were any future plans in the works.

H

Harstdeath

Haven't seen thephoenixlodge posting on this thread in a long time. I think it's safe to say that they've moved on to other projects.
He moved to Sprout. I think he had said it somewhere in the topic a while ago.

J

jorgebonafe

I'm having trouble running this pack. Can anyone give me some assistance?

I've installed the latest version, 1.0.2, via the Twitch app. I didn't change any settings, just installed it and ran it with the default values.

The javaw process starts to gradually increase in memory, and before the menu even loads, it soaks up all available memory, until it reaches about 16 gb. My pc has 20gb ram. The menu eventually loads, but it lags so much I can barely see the buttons highlight as I hover them, much less start a game.

I have googled a lot about this problem but every solution I came across (none directly related to Regrowth) didn't help. I tried setting several different memory limits to the jvm arguments, but they seem not to matter at all as the process just goes over them every time.

Does anyone have any idea about what is going on? I understand the pack is probably heavy with mods, but this much memory usage cannot be right. I have a pretty good pc, I can run most modern games at full settings. Is there something I'm missing? Is the twitch app instalation method broken maybe, or some jvm setting I have to use?

My PC specs if it helps any:
Intel Core i5 3.40 GHz, 20gb ram, Graphics card GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Thanks

J

jorgebonafe

So, I've tried a clean boot, and the game ran fine. I then went back to normal boot, and the game is running fine. I have no idea why it is working now and why it wasn't before. So there's that... I guess my previous question is moot, although I don't feel very good about this.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There's an item that you can wear from ...
Tinkers Construct

EDIT ... this was a response to post that seems to have been subsequently deleted!

Last edited:
M

Mistheart101

I have a question: What does the book reward "Growth Spurt" from the quest Meddling with Nodes in the The Way the World Feels section mean when it says "Your newly Growing need might appreciate being fed with Ethereal Essence"? I honestly have no idea what it's referring to.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I have a question: What does the book reward "Growth Spurt" from the quest Meddling with Nodes in the The Way the World Feels section mean when it says "Your newly Growing need might appreciate being fed with Ethereal Essence"? I honestly have no idea what it's referring to.

Probably a typo for 'Node'. Ethereal Essence is gotten from killing Wisps, Eldritch Guardians, and the Euclidaisy. Or breaking other nodes.

W

welchdrew

So I still like to play modded 1.7.10 minecraft, but at the same time I like to use two mods to make my 1.8+ skin work in 1.7.10.(Those being Lumy Skin Patch and SkinPort.)

I have to ask, how well would these two skin related mods work with regrowth? I wanted to play some FTB 1.7.10 packs with a friend but still wanted my 1.8+ skin(I use alex model)

J

jbug5j

hi. i am trying to load a new game and i am not getting any resources. like.... no dead trees or flint piles. am i having poor luck or is this a bug?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
hi. i am trying to load a new game and i am not getting any resources. like.... no dead trees or flint piles. am i having poor luck or is this a bug?

Did you change any settings at all when you generated the world?

J

jbug5j

No but i feel silly now. After 5 new games the next one loaded with resources. Oy! Sorry for the unnecessary post. X

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
No but i feel silly now. After 5 new games the next one loaded with resources. Oy! Sorry for the unnecessary post. X

No need to feel silly - there had been some instances in the past of this happening, with a couple of different theories as to why. :)

Reactions: jbug5j
V

Volvary

I'm having some issues correcting my world. I had a crash that caused my HQM to corrupt my world (and only by destroying my HQM player data was I able to open my world again.)

Now I'm going through the book, completing the quests with /hqm edit but I can't seem to unlock some quests (namely, the Mystical Flowers quests.) Does anyone knows what the trigger for the Mystical Flowers quest is?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
There's a bit in the FAQ (first page of the thread) about certain things that need to be held to unlock various quests. I don't know which quests in particular are triggered by that, but it's worth going through.