[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Alright,round two. Decided against using the OP Book to rush along,and because I didn't use a specified seed for my original world with its shenanigans three Hungry Nodes within walking distance of my base,I started entirely anew. Looking at Mekanism's stuff in NEI,I've noticed that I can start with Mekanism,at least partially,as soon as I get a Rolling Machine,and the infrastructure to power it.

Thing is,I'm entirely unfamiliar with Mekanism. Where do I even start,as far as power and devices are concerned? Further,does it have a means of auto crafting? While Hopperhocks and Crafty Crates are all well and good,Hopperhocks are slow,and unsuited to filling the demands of automating a fuel-burning power system,or other things.

F

FTBRenex

Having a problem trying to make a Golem Core: Use, I have the required essentia (20 Humanus, machina and instrumentum), all the items are in their places, I have no other pedestals around that might be interfering with the infusion, the golem core use research is already discovered, and im right clicking the matrix, but nothing happens, anyone can tell me what im doing wrong?

Attachments

• regrpowth infusion.jpg
    regrpowth infusion.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 60

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
If I were to hazard a guess; The Runic Matrix thinks the jars are obstructed. Instrumentum's blocked by the pillar,and the other two are masked by candles. That's my best guess,though. Try moving the jars so that they're not obscured by something,and try again. If that fails,reboot the game; That works from time to time,as lame as it sounds. Finally,try adding more to the jars; If the infusion goes haywire,you'll need int,anyways. Also,loving the texture pack; Is it publicly available?

F

FTBRenex

It's Sphax PureBDCraft, there´s a version for regrowth, and I suppose its public, Im not really sure xD
I´ll try moving them to different positions, and also, how can I add more essentia into the jars? Not really the greatest thaumcraft user lol, only way i tought to put the essentia into them was with the crucible furnace I thinks? The one that distills burned items into a deposit and you could place a max of 20 essentia in the jars.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Each Warded Jar can hold 64 units of any one Essentia. You can add Essentia to a Warded Jar in several ways.

1) My preferred method; Piping it in from the Arcane Furnace and Alchemical Alembics. You can do this directly,which works quite well for small scale. If you do this,throw on a stack of five Alembics atop the Furnace,and label the bottom three Alembics with Instrumentum,Machina,and Humanus,in order; This will earmark those Alembics for those Essentia. Just be sure to pull the labels with a shift-click when you're done. After the Alembics are such labelled,just plug in some Essentia Tubes,and stick the Warded Jars underneath. Burn the stuff you need,and away you go. Make sure the "waste" Essentia has somewhere to go,though. If you want a larger,"Burn and Forget" type system,many of my recent posts in this thread were for troubleshooting just such a system,plus an automated Thaumatorium,connected to the Essentia system.

Just... Don't get the Directional Tubes backwards. I spent three days with an otherwise fully functional system,pulling out my hair trying to figure out what was wrong.

2) Golems. Golems with Alchemy Cores will use Glass Phials to remove Essentia from Arcane Alembics,and deposit the Essentia in nearby Warded Jars,obeying the following priorities; Partially filled jars with the proper label > Empty jars with the proper label > Partially filled jars without a label,with the proper Essentia > Empty jars without a label. With the number of Aspects in Regrowth,a (thankfully) nice and round fifty-six,you'll need a small army of Golems to make this work on a large scale,plus an equally large space,as Golems need room to move,wit access to the destination jars.

3) The manual way. Using Glass Phials,pull the Essentia out of your Alembics yourself,and deposit it into the proper Warded Jars. It's pretty much the manual version of the Golems option,though it's by far the simplest possible solution.

F

FTBRenex

Each one has 40 essentia now, and still nothing happens, even added more stabilizers but got the same result. Nothing is blocking the jars and they are close enough.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Two possible explanations,then; Are you right clicking the Runic Matrix with your wand? Second; Are you dead certain that the reagents are correct? Check the recipe again in the Thaumanomanomanomanomicon again,and cross-reference with what you have on the altar.

F

FTBRenex

Yo' guys, do any of you have a Koboldite dust farm of kinds? I need at least one for the gods statute and then I can kill them to get more.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Leash a hob,stick it in an inescapable box,equip it with a pickaxe,and give it some ore to mine. Hopperhocks'll grab the dropped stuff,and you can use other things to replace the ore blocks for you. Just... Don't pull a Purple Mentat,and suffocate it. Make sure that it can't stand on the space that the ore will be placed,but it can still mine the block.

F

FTBRenex

Just did that, finally got some koboldite ingot.
Now the only problem I have is that I still can't access the spirit world because I keep on drowning 15 seconds after getting in a dream, even though im not in the water.

F

FTBRenex

Witchery is driving me crazy, I only need a Poltergeist and all quest will be completed, but I cant spawn one, I've already summoned around 10 banshees and not a single poltergeist will appear.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
A question; Would Thaumic Tinkerer play nice with Regrowth out of the box? As in,would I need to do any modification to the mod in order to make sure it doesn't disrupt the core elements of Regrowth?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Oh,I know that. The third node I placed from the quest rewards in my first world? Hungry. I still don't know how I survived long enough to break it.

Also,note to self; Don't throw five stacks of iron ore into a smeltery,without a hands-free method of casting it.

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
I meant, you can probably find nodes in NEI or the Creative tabs that are specifically Hungry nodes-there's a whole bunch of nodes in there, the first one I looked at was a Pure node as in "Creative Mode Only, places a pure node"

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,does anybody know of a way to make a Teru Teru Bozu automatically ID poor weather,then eat a sunflower to get rid of it?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
And here I sit,waiting on RNG to tick on by to make my crops spread,and generationally mutate...

And this is why I was so torqued with losing my world. Not the (easily replicated) builds. Not the Hungry Node's loss. Not three weeks of my life being lost.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of that three weeks was spent with the inventory open,and me watching Hellsing in Chrome,while I waited on my crops to ten out. Regrowth's great,but good LORD,the waiting is insanity. And this is after I've set up seven floating Agricarnations on Everlasting Guilty Pools,with the explicit intent to cut down on the waiting while I improve my crops!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
And here I sit,waiting on RNG to tick on by to make my crops spread,and generationally mutate...

And this is why I was so torqued with losing my world. Not the (easily replicated) builds. Not the Hungry Node's loss. Not three weeks of my life being lost.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of that three weeks was spent with the inventory open,and me watching Hellsing in Chrome,while I waited on my crops to ten out. Regrowth's great,but good LORD,the waiting is insanity. And this is after I've set up seven floating Agricarnations on Everlasting Guilty Pools,with the explicit intent to cut down on the waiting while I improve my crops!
Since you are "creatively" recovering, do yourself a couple of favors.

1. Set up creative barrels of bonemeal and magical fertilizer.
2. Set "Bonemeal Mutations=true" in the agricraft\Configuration.cfg. Also, change "Crop stat divisor=1"

This should help out a lot...

The bonemeal and magical fertilizer can be used to make seedlings mature instantaniously helping with getting plants to 10/10/10, and with the bonemeal mutations setting the bonemeal can be used on crosscrops to pretty much force mutations to happen.

As an added bonus the crop stat divisor setting will make it so breeding two 10/10/10 parents will produce a 10/10/10 offspring.

That should speed up your recovery significantly.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Hey,question; Do Garden Soil (Tilled or otherwise) need water? I've been giving them water purely out of reflex.