[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Considering I have a snorkel,a Ring of Chordata,a Big Daddy suit,AND a scuba suit... The water is my domain. Hell,I'be built my base in the middle of an inland sea. Though,I really don't like going underwater; For some reason,it's almost impossible to move precisely down there. I'm pulled to specific places at random,when I try to move in one direction,I instead take off like a rocket in another,that sort of stuff.

EDIT: Thanks for the list,but it doesn't seem to cover everything; I'm missing a single aspect,and it's not covered by the list; It appears to be a sin. Here's my complete list of known aspects;
-Aer
-Terra
-Ignis
-Aqua
-Ordo
-Perditio
-Vacuos
-Lux
-Tempestas (Fun fact; Natura clouds provide!)
-Motus
-Gellum
-Vitreus
-Victus
-Venenum (Sulfur clouds!)
-Potentia
-Permutatio
-Metallum
-Mortuus
-Volatus
-Tenebrae
-Spiritus
-Sano
-Iter
-Alienus
-Praecantatio
-Auram
-Vitium (Yet to get; Going to scan the yield from the farmable taint plant.)
-Limus
-Herba
-Arbor
-Bestia
-Corpus
-Examinis
-Cognitio
-Sensus
-Humanus
-Messis
-Perfodio
-Instrumentum
-Meto
-Telum
-Tutamen
-Fames
-Lucrum
-Fabrico
-Pannus
-Machina
-Vinculum
-Luxuria
-Infernus
-Superbia
-Gula
-Invidia
-Desidia
-Ira
-UNKNOWN
Anyone know what I gotta scan to get that last one under my belt? I've scanned pretty much EVERYTHING.
Do bear in mind that the "Sin" aspects are from an add-on mod, so wouldn't necessarily be in a normal aspect unlocking list. Also, you have all seven sins! So its not one of those that's missing... hm. Might it be worth looking up "vials" in NEI, and seeing there - write down all the essence vial aspects and see how that tallies with your list?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
The phials are just as tight-lipped as everything else. Everything that might be able to spill the beans on what the missing aspect is,identifies it as an Unknown Aspect. However,the phial in question has a lilac flame in it; End of the list on NEI.

EDIT: Got my mitts on Thaumium,and scanned it,the block,and the nugget,then made (and scanned) a full suit of Thaumium armour. I know that scanning the armour's needed to make Fortress Plate,but I seem to be missing something else. Further,I appear to be missing the Infusion Enchanting topic in the 'Nomicon; What're the prerequisites?

EDIT II: This is getting scary; Hungry Nodes appear to be stunningly common. There are three of the things within easy walking distance of my base. Whenever I go for extended trips away from my installations,I now carry two stacks of obsidian,just to box the things in with. Is this uncommon? Also,I have confirmed that the Hungry Node's event horizon DOES gradually expand; It seems to be proportional to how much matter it consumes; The crater around my Witchery Node,as I'm calling it,is larger than a chunk in diameter,and it'll pull me in from just within the perimeter,while the new Hungry Nodes I've found,which are only loaded into memory if I explore in their directions,have much smaller craters and pull radii.

Seriously. Are Hungry Nodes SUPPOSED to be this common!?

Last edited:

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
No, they're not-but it's very possible that you just have a weird seed with an unusually high concentration of hungry nodes near wherever your base is.

Also, it looks like you're missing Tempus. Scan a clock or redstone repeater, or combine Vacuous and Ordo.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Tempus. Time? Will there be monkeys involved?

Will anyone even get the joke?

More on topic; Would it be madness for me to try and exploit three Hungry Nodes simultaneously?

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
nah just make sure you put some ethereal blooms at the chunks away from each hungry node so that you don't accidentally cause a taint apocalypse on top of your other apocalpyse

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
An idea struck me for automating coal production,after seeing Purple Mentat try to do so with Buildcraft technology.

1) A Straw Golem,placed at the centre of a 9*9 plot,harvests the coal essence. A nearby Hopperhock (Does it need mana to reach in a 9*9 square?) pulls the coal essence into a B-Space Barrel.
2) The B-Space Barrel connects to a remote location with more space. The B-Space Barrel feeds,via hopper,directly into a Crafty Crate with a Doughnut Pattern,making coal lumps. The produced coal is spat out onto the ground,to be collected by a nearby hopperhock,placed into a,you guessed it,B-Space Barrel.
3) The coal lumps are fed into an unaltered Crafty Crate nearby,out of range of the coal lump Hopperhock. The Crafty Crate spits the coal blocks out onto the ground to be picked up by the final Hopperhock,and placed into the final B-Space Barrel,which is connected to my Mana Shaft.

All of the barrels will have Void Upgrades,to vouchsafe against overflow.

I've yet to actually put this into practice; If I do this,it'll be my first real large scale system to accomplish some sort of complex goal. I also need to research me some golems,but I'm a hop,skip,and jump away from that. I don't do much automation myself; I consider it to be fun,in a way,to input something to kick it all off,but I need to automate my mana,and,eventually,my Life Essence.

So,to the more experienced automators in the house,would the above work? Would I need mana for the Hopperhock to reach in a 9*9 area? How much of a dramatic effect will Agricarnations and sprinklers have on the regrowth of 10^3 coal seeds?

EDIT: I've decided to get my Essentia system done,and followed this guide on producing a system that will take your liquid Essentia,and stick it in your Thaumatorium for you,without a middleman. However,I have come upon a serious problem; I can't figure out a way to make it work. To be precise,no matter where in the system I stick the Arcane Furnace and its alembics,there are jars that are simply too far away for the Essentia to reach. In the middlepoint of the system,the Essentia couldn't travel any further than Volatus/Tenabrae,which're opposite eachother on the system. The Volatus jars are visible in the screenshot below; They're full. When I tried to make the system linear,I stuck the furnace to the Terra end of the system,and found that this didn't help,after correcting the throttles on the Essentia Buffers.

I've also tried both configurations (Linear and central) with Arcane Bellows on either end of the line,to no effect.

How can I make this system work? The system's as compact,as far as tube length is concerned,as it's going to get. I don't want to use golems for this,because it will both inflate the footprint of the entire system,and the number of golems needed to make this work will just be silly. Besides,golems have a nasty habit of walking off on their own,or getting stuck. Tubes suffer no such issue,once you figure out the suction.

1RmdTiC.jpg

Last edited:

The_E364

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I can't load regrowth at all.
whenever I try to load it from the curse client, minecraft opens and then crashes
[14:01:16] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[14:01:16] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release

any help would be very much appreciated

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
An idea struck me for automating coal production,after seeing Purple Mentat try to do so with Buildcraft technology.

1) A Straw Golem,placed at the centre of a 9*9 plot,harvests the coal essence. A nearby Hopperhock (Does it need mana to reach in a 9*9 square?) pulls the coal essence into a B-Space Barrel.
2) The B-Space Barrel connects to a remote location with more space. The B-Space Barrel feeds,via hopper,directly into a Crafty Crate with a Doughnut Pattern,making coal lumps. The produced coal is spat out onto the ground,to be collected by a nearby hopperhock,placed into a,you guessed it,B-Space Barrel.
3) The coal lumps are fed into an unaltered Crafty Crate nearby,out of range of the coal lump Hopperhock. The Crafty Crate spits the coal blocks out onto the ground to be picked up by the final Hopperhock,and placed into the final B-Space Barrel,which is connected to my Mana Shaft.

All of the barrels will have Void Upgrades,to vouchsafe against overflow.

I've yet to actually put this into practice; If I do this,it'll be my first real large scale system to accomplish some sort of complex goal. I also need to research me some golems,but I'm a hop,skip,and jump away from that. I don't do much automation myself; I consider it to be fun,in a way,to input something to kick it all off,but I need to automate my mana,and,eventually,my Life Essence.

So,to the more experienced automators in the house,would the above work? Would I need mana for the Hopperhock to reach in a 9*9 area? How much of a dramatic effect will Agricarnations and sprinklers have on the regrowth of 10^3 coal seeds?
It should work fine. Getting the Hopperhocks to not interfere with each other could be a bit tricky. I did some research on the Hopperhock a while ago, and this is my results: #15272. A normal hopperhock will have no trouble getting a 9*9 area, the fact that it grabs in a cube can be...entertaining. I used one Hopperhock to collect the essence, feed it directly to a doughnut pattern crafty crate (using an item frame), pick up the resulting coal, feed that to a normal crafty crate via item frame, pick up the resulting coal block, and feed that to your B-Space barrel (item frame, again) for transport else-where.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Alright,got my coal farm entirely automated. Meanwhile,back in my Thaumcraft tower,I'm pulling out my hair. I've since compacted my Essentia system even more by way of plugging in the Essentia jars on the other side of the trunk line,making the whole thing look like some kind of giant,metallic serpent skeleton. Good news; All jars are now in reach of the system; The jars at the extreme ends (Arcane furnace is in the midpoint of the trunk line) get filled... Sometimes. Sometimes,the Essentia just gets stuck in the trunk line,and goes nowhere. I frequently see Aspects go in the opposite direction of their jars. And,most annoyingly,a SINGLE jar springs a leak,despite the system being entirely purged of Essentia at the time,with zero way to fix it,outside of disconnecting the jar in question.

I want to avoid using golems for my Essentia system. I'll need a bunch to be able to hit all the jars,and I'll also need to build in paths for them to take while they run around with phials of Essentia. Further,I want to cut out the middleman on using the Thaumatorium. This is what I was following; I've yet to plug in the Thaumatorium,as I'm still trying to work out the distillation. Also,golems have a nasty habit of getting stuck/lost/wandering off/spontaneously dying.

Thing is,I'm entirely stumped. The trunk line's made entirely of Essentia Buffers,and there are appropriately set Filter Tubes before every Void Jar. The buffers have red throttles leading from the Arcane Bellows (Attached to the alembic's point of entry). I've taken extreme care to ensure that there are no loops with adjacent tubes. According to everything I know,this SHOULD work flawlessly,as far as distilling Essentia goes. But,it doesn't. Can someone please try and replicate my system,then try to fix it? I'm entirely stumped,and I need a solution.

My previous post has a reference image for the old system. Currently,the twelve sets of jars,on either end,furthest from the centre were removed,and placed closer to the centre,opposite other jars on the same stretch of the trunk line. The ends of the trunk line have three sets of jars attached.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Alright,got my coal farm entirely automated. Meanwhile,back in my Thaumcraft tower,I'm pulling out my hair. I've since compacted my Essentia system even more by way of plugging in the Essentia jars on the other side of the trunk line,making the whole thing look like some kind of giant,metallic serpent skeleton. Good news; All jars are now in reach of the system; The jars at the extreme ends (Arcane furnace is in the midpoint of the trunk line) get filled... Sometimes. Sometimes,the Essentia just gets stuck in the trunk line,and goes nowhere. I frequently see Aspects go in the opposite direction of their jars. And,most annoyingly,a SINGLE jar springs a leak,despite the system being entirely purged of Essentia at the time,with zero way to fix it,outside of disconnecting the jar in question.

I want to avoid using golems for my Essentia system. I'll need a bunch to be able to hit all the jars,and I'll also need to build in paths for them to take while they run around with phials of Essentia. Further,I want to cut out the middleman on using the Thaumatorium. This is what I was following; I've yet to plug in the Thaumatorium,as I'm still trying to work out the distillation. Also,golems have a nasty habit of getting stuck/lost/wandering off/spontaneously dying.

Thing is,I'm entirely stumped. The trunk line's made entirely of Essentia Buffers,and there are appropriately set Filter Tubes before every Void Jar. The buffers have red throttles leading from the Arcane Bellows (Attached to the alembic's point of entry). I've taken extreme care to ensure that there are no loops with adjacent tubes. According to everything I know,this SHOULD work flawlessly,as far as distilling Essentia goes. But,it doesn't. Can someone please try and replicate my system,then try to fix it? I'm entirely stumped,and I need a solution.

My previous post has a reference image for the old system. Currently,the twelve sets of jars,on either end,furthest from the centre were removed,and placed closer to the centre,opposite other jars on the same stretch of the trunk line. The ends of the trunk line have three sets of jars attached.
Might I recommend, sir, "A Thaumaturge's Guide for Laying Pipe" for your fireside library? I found it to be a very useful tome in my beginning endeavors as a Thaumaturgical pipe fitter. Mind, I am still a rank apprentice in the ranks in the Guild of Thaumaturgical pipe fitters, there are others far more qualified than this ancient dragon.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019

So, if you are going with the "spine" design there is an endedness to the design.

The spine has a begining and an ending. All essential must be inserted at the begining. Any essentia consumers must be located at the ending. The piping should be configured so that essentia can only flow from the begining to the end. You should connect your Alembecs to the begining.

Then, connect a centrifuge to the beginning and run a tube from the end back to it.

The way the system works is that essentia is introduced at one end, and will keep being pulled up the spine until it reaches its jar. If that jar is filled or does not exist it will go all the way to the end, loop back, be centrifuged into simpler aspects, and be re-injected into the begining of the spine. This will continue until it has been reduced to nothing but primals. Make sure your primal jars are void jars because of this.

Your consumers are attached to the output end, and will either return any waste essentia back through the connection, or through a dedicate line. I usually use the dedicated line so that the waste lines can bypass the centrifuge and be reinserted right into the begining of the spine.

The whole system works based on careful manipulation of the suction mechanic. The doc Yobur linked to does a very good job of describing it.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Thanks for the handbook,Yobur! At the very least,the system now distills Essentia perfectly. Though,the pipes creak and groan like nobody's business,especially if I break down sixteen Creeper faces or watches; Tempus and Ira lie at the end of the line of jars. Unfortunately,I can't seem to make the Thaumatorium work. Like,at all. Images of the setup are below.

UtvZwds.png

First bunch of jars,plus the furnace.
8scfoqF.png

Second bunch of jars.
l3blESl.png

Final bunch of jars,plus the Thaumatorium.
Just in case you're unable to see it; The Directional Tubes have their blue rings pointed to the Thaumatorium on both the Recycler Lines (Upper lines on both levels) and the Feed Lines (Lower lines on both levels).

The Trunk Line from the furnaces is behind the greatwood plank blocks dividing the two levels,and the Recycler and Feed lines do not connect to it directly; They only connect to the filter pipes on the jars.

How can I fix this? The Thaumaturge's Guide to Laying Pipe is not providing me with any answers,unfortunately.

Also,I set the system up like this in order to make sure the Infusion Altar (It's right behind me in these screens) can draw from the jars,as well.,and so I can make use of Gadomancy's sticky jars; They're handy little things! And,finally; Should I be concerned about the groaning pipes?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the handbook,Yobur! At the very least,the system now distills Essentia perfectly. Though,the pipes creak and groan like nobody's business,especially if I break down sixteen Creeper faces or watches; Tempus and Ira lie at the end of the line of jars. Unfortunately,I can't seem to make the Thaumatorium work. Like,at all. Images of the setup are below.

Just in case you're unable to see it; The Directional Tubes have their blue rings pointed to the Thaumatorium on both the Recycler Lines (Upper lines on both levels) and the Feed Lines (Lower lines on both levels).

The Trunk Line from the furnaces is behind the greatwood plank blocks dividing the two levels,and the Recycler and Feed lines do not connect to it directly; They only connect to the filter pipes on the jars.

How can I fix this? The Thaumaturge's Guide to Laying Pipe is not providing me with any answers,unfortunately.

Also,I set the system up like this in order to make sure the Infusion Altar (It's right behind me in these screens) can draw from the jars,as well.,and so I can make use of Gadomancy's sticky jars; They're handy little things! And,finally; Should I be concerned about the groaning pipes?
I am going to play "Boot Ensign (or 2nd Lieutenant) with Clipboard and Embarrassing Pertinent Questions". "Excuse me, but shouldn't the Recycle Lines be pointed in the opposite direction of the Feed lines?" As it is, they are both acting as feed lines and there is no way to get the excess Essentia out of the lines and back to the jars it came from. If you check, I will wager that your Thaumatorium is getting one of the Essentia it needs and then stopping.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... I also found myself wondering about the lattice between your Thaumatorium and the rest of the build. The third rung down from the top seems to have no use, but I could be wrong. At this point I put on my troubleshooter hat (in a former life, the dragon was an electronics tech) and start simplifying things. Since the supply of Essencia seems to be working, we won't worry about that unless we need to. I would disconnect the Feed and Recycle lines at the corner between the second and third group of jars so that you are only pulling from that third group. Disconnect everything but the feed lines from the Thaumatorium, set up a simple recipe, and make sure that the Essencia it needs are in the third group. I would expect that the Thaumatorium will pull one of the Essencia and then stop. Since you are only working with a short distance, disconnect the Recycle lines from the Feed lines completely except at the last pipe where it feeds into the Thaumatorium. You can now adjust the direction on the recycle line until the Essencia in the Feed pipe flows back into the jar it came from. You don't need a connection to every pipe section since you are only working with a short distance. I would then set up the recipe to pull from both the top and bottom of the short supply bank so we can get the Recycle line working for both tiers.

At this point, you should be able to restore the connection between each Feed pipe segment and the Recycle pipe segments, put a catalyst in the Thaumatorium, and the recipe should still work. You can now duplicate what you did to get things working in the short segment in the rest of your storage bank and reconnect. As a sanity check, you should be able to move the Essencia jars for your recipe to the far end of the bank as far from the Thaumatorium as you can get, and the recipe should still work (he says, crossing fingers, eyes, legs and wings).

I apologize for the wall of text, and I hope this helps.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
@Riddle78
It appears that all your lines are configured to only allow suction from the Thaumatorium. None of the directional lines are configured to allow waste essentia back to the system.

Also, you are running the waste right back to the jars, instead of the beginning of the spine. This means that if for example Aer is requested, then recycled, and the Aer jar has filled up in the meantime, the system will lock up.

As far as nothing going to the Thaumatorium... Start a crafting in the Thaumatorium and use an Essentia Resonator to trace to where the suction is being blocked.

E

ExF_Renex

Welp, im done. 3 days ago the lights went out in my house and my entire hqm got corrupted because of that. Doesn't matter, I'll just use creative to the point I had advanced. Took me 3 days to do it but I finally finish to where I was. Except for one thing. Big Daddy Quest. IT WON'T APPEAR I DONT KNOW WHY. I've already completed all the quest in "what the world enables" but Big Daddy quest just won't appear, I've tried equipping different things to see if it poped up but nothing works, and I think not completing that quest also won't let me finish the magical crops tabs, it pisses me off.
Anyone has an idea of what I could do?

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
i think you have to hold the ores or ore essences you'd have available at the time the quest is supposed to unlock to complete a hidden autocompleting quest to unlock it

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Looking at your images again, are we altogether sure that the filter pipes on the jars aren't doing something silly like blocking the suction from the Thaumatorium?

I wouldn't know how to diagnose that; What do I have to smack with the Resonator to find that out?

@Riddle78
It appears that all your lines are configured to only allow suction from the Thaumatorium. None of the directional lines are configured to allow waste essentia back to the system.

Also, you are running the waste right back to the jars, instead of the beginning of the spine. This means that if for example Aer is requested, then recycled, and the Aer jar has filled up in the meantime, the system will lock up.

As far as nothing going to the Thaumatorium... Start a crafting in the Thaumatorium and use an Essentia Resonator to trace to where the suction is being blocked.

I've extended the Recycler Lines to merge and connect to the furnace end of the Trunk Line,and reversed the direction on the Recycler Lines. The Thaumatorium still doesn't draw Essentia. Suction is zero throughout the entire network,except for suction sources,such as the Thaumatorium (When it has a job),the jars,and the Essentia Buffer with the Arcane Bellows on it.