[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't know how to diagnose that; What do I have to smack with the Resonator to find that out?

I've extended the Recycler Lines to merge and connect to the furnace end of the Trunk Line,and reversed the direction on the Recycler Lines. The Thaumatorium still doesn't draw Essentia. Suction is zero throughout the entire network,except for suction sources,such as the Thaumatorium (When it has a job),the jars,and the Essentia Buffer with the Arcane Bellows on it.

I would start at the Thaumatorium. Start a craft, and smack each section of pipe to make sure there is suction in the sections. I, personally, would temporarily disconnect one bank of jars just to cut down on the size of the troubleshooting job. If you have suction in the Feed, go to the jar that has the Essentia being called for and smack the filter to see if it is allowing the suction through to the jar. The Thaumatorium should present a typed suction of 127 to the system. Your filters should be set to allow the suction of that type through to the jar if the jar has that type in it.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Alright,I've told the Thaumatorium to make Thaumium (I need it,anyways; I'm about to make me some Fortress Plate),and here's the suction status. Note; I've since completely divorced the Feed and Recycler Lines for the Upper Tier of jars from the Lower Tier; Their sole connection points are the Thaumatorium itself,and where the two Recycler Lines merge just before connecting to the furnace end of the Trunk Line.

Praecantatio is on the Lower Tier.

-Thaumatorium: 128 Suction,Praecantatio.
-Thaumatorium Inputs: 0 Suction,Untyped.
-Recycler Line Tubes; Lower Tier: 0 Suction,Untyped.
-Feed Line Tubes; Lower Tier: 0 Suction,Untyped.
-Recycler Line Tubes; Upper Tier: 0 Suction,Untyped.
-Feed Line Tubes; Lower Tier: 0 Suction,Untyped.
-Filter Tubes: Variable; Seems to be effected by fullness of the Warded Jar in the pair. Two empty jars is 63 Suction,two full jars is 31 Suction,one full jar is 47 Suction,all of the filtered type.
-Praecantatio Filter Tube: 47 Suction,Praecantatio; Warded Jar is full,and the Void Jar contains 55 Essentia.
-Jar Inputs: Identical to their parent filters,of filtered type.
-Warded Jars: 64 Suction,of labelled type,unless full. Then,0 Suction,of labelled type.
-Void Jars: 48 Suction,of labelled type,unless full. Then,32 Suction,of labelled type.
-Praecantatio Warded Jar: 0 Suction,Praecantatio; Full.
-Praecantatio Void Jar: 48 Suction,Praecantatio; Partially full.
-Trunk Line: 1 Suction,Untyped.
-Trunk Line Input: 32 Suction,Untyped. Of note; Where the Merged Recycler Line connects to this Essentia Buffer (w/Bellows) has no throttle.
-Filter Input Branch: Variable Suction,all of the filtered type. Appears to follow the same rules as the filters themselves,plus diminishing suction over distance; All branches have two regular Essentia Tubes connecting from the Trunk Line to the filters.
-Arcane Alembics: 0 Suction,Untyped.

-Trunk Line Orientation: Linear; Red throttles on tube lengths closest to the furnace.
-Feed Line Orientation: Linear loops; Blue bands on tube lengths closest to the Thaumatorium. No bands on the input "micro tube". No bands on the "micro tube" between the Directional Essentia Tubes and the Filtered Essentia Tubes.
-Recycler Line Orientation: Linear loops; Blue bands on tube lengths closest to the Arcane Bellows.

That's pretty much my full diagnosis.

Another issue; I want to go out and jar my Hungry Nodes. However,the Sojourner's Transmutative Staff that I got from the quest,"Of Staves and Sceptres" refuses to take foci. I've made sure that only the Swap Focus control has the F key,and I have the Shock and Equal Trade foci in a Focus Bag in my inventory. I've tried putting the Focus Bag on my belt,taking the foci out of the bag,and sticking the Focus Bag in my hotbar,all to no effect. Reloading the world didn't help. What's going on,and how can I fix this?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So, if the inputs to the Thaumatorium read 0, then the suction isn't making it out. If these are directional tubes, perhaps they are oriented incorrectly.

I don't have a setup in my current play through, but I'll check to see if I have a setup in my creative world and post some pictures that may help you out.

EDIT - Here are some images from a system in my test world:
Here are the Furnaces and the Centrifuge connected to the "head" of the buffer chain. You can also see the loopback line comming from the "tail" of the chain and into the bottom of the Centrifuge.
Furnaces and Centrifuge.png

Here are the buffers that connect the Furnaces and Centrifuge to the rest of the system. Note the orientation of red band on the buffers.
Buffers.png

These are the Jars, 2 per aspect. Note that the Primals are all one normal jar and one void jar. All others are normal warded jars. You can also see how the buffers are configured, and the Thaumatorium and recycle lines at the top.
Jars.png

Here is the "tail" of the system, showing the loopback line that heads to the Centrifuge, note that there is a buffer with a bellows on it halfway down the line to ensure there is sufficient suction. The red band on that buffer is opposite the others, I.E. it is pointed toward the Centrifuge.
Loopback connection.png

Here is a view of the Thaumatorium and recycle lines from above. The "head" of the system is on the right, the "tail" (and the Thaumatorium) is on the left. Note how the recycle line (center) connects back into the buffer chain through the buffer at the beginning. The bellows on that buffer provide the suction required on the recycle line to clear the Thaumatorium lines (outside lines) . The recycle line is configured to allow suction from the right, and the Thaumatorium lines suction from the left.
Thaumatorium and return lines.png

Here are the pipes leading into the Thaumatorium.
Thaumatorium connections.png

And a closeup of the Thaumatorium connection itself.
Thaumatorium connections 2.png

While the piping into the Thaumatorium looks crazy, it is necessary. Each tube leading from the jars to the Thaumatorium (the outside lines) also needs to be connected to the recycle line (the inside line).

Last edited:

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So, if the inputs to the Thaumatorium read 0, then the suction isn't making it out. If these are directional tubes, perhaps they are oriented incorrectly.

I don't have a setup in my current play through, but I'll check to see if I have a setup in my creative world and post some pictures that may help you out.

EDIT - Here are some images from a system in my test world:
Here are the Furnaces and the Centrifuge connected to the "head" of the buffer chain. You can also see the loopback line comming from the "tail" of the chain and into the bottom of the Centrifuge.
View attachment 33447

Here are the buffers that connect the Furnaces and Centrifuge to the rest of the system. Note the orientation of red band on the buffers.
View attachment 33451

These are the Jars, 2 per aspect. Note that the Primals are all one normal jar and one void jar. All others are normal warded jars. You can also see how the buffers are configured, and the Thaumatorium and recycle lines at the top.
View attachment 33454

Here is the "tail" of the system, showing the loopback line that heads to the Centrifuge, note that there is a buffer with a bellows on it halfway down the line to ensure there is sufficient suction. The red band on that buffer is opposite the others, I.E. it is pointed toward the Centrifuge.
View attachment 33457

Here is a view of the Thaumatorium and recycle lines from above. The "head" of the system is on the right, the "tail" (and the Thaumatorium) is on the left. Note how the recycle line (center) connects back into the buffer chain through the buffer at the beginning. The bellows on that buffer provide the suction required on the recycle line to clear the Thaumatorium lines (outside lines) . The recycle line is configured to allow suction from the right, and the Thaumatorium lines suction from the left.
View attachment 33459

Here are the pipes leading into the Thaumatorium.
View attachment 33460

And a closeup of the Thaumatorium connection itself.
View attachment 33461

While the piping into the Thaumatorium looks crazy, it is necessary. Each tube leading from the jars to the Thaumatorium (the outside lines) also needs to be connected to the recycle line (the inside line).
Hate to say it,but... That did not help,for the most part. My system,though laid out differently,and lacking in a Centrifuge,has an identical infrastructure,with one notable exception; I don't have a that strange loop of Directional Essentia Tubes immediately before input in the Thaumatorium. Both of my Feed Lines (One per tier; See above) has a matching Recycler Line,and the Recycler Lines,much like yours,are in contact with every single bit of their respective Feed Lines.

The one thing that it might've helped with,though,is that it might have shown me that my Directional pipes are backwards. Does your Thaumatorium work (Tell it to make Thaumium),and the lines in your fifth screenshot; Which lines are your Feed Line(s),and which are your Recycler Line(s); Inner,or outer?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Hate to say it,but... That did not help,for the most part. My system,though laid out differently,and lacking in a Centrifuge,has an identical infrastructure,with one notable exception; I don't have a that strange loop of Directional Essentia Tubes immediately before input in the Thaumatorium. Both of my Feed Lines (One per tier; See above) has a matching Recycler Line,and the Recycler Lines,much like yours,are in contact with every single bit of their respective Feed Lines.

The one thing that it might've helped with,though,is that it might have shown me that my Directional pipes are backwards. Does your Thaumatorium work (Tell it to make Thaumium),and the lines in your fifth screenshot; Which lines are your Feed Line(s),and which are your Recycler Line(s); Inner,or outer?

Inner line is the Recycler, outer lines are Thaumatorium feed. Yes the Thaumatoruim works..... Though my test was with Alumentum, not Thaumium.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
...My lines are backwards. FML,my lines are BACKWARDS!

All this time,it was that damn simple.

Unrelated,I still can't stick a focus on my Sojourner's Transmutative Staff.

Reactions: ICountFrom0
E

ExF_Renex

i think you have to hold the ores or ore essences you'd have available at the time the quest is supposed to unlock to complete a hidden autocompleting quest to unlock it

Finally, after trying to grab all essences and their seeds without results, I tried using the crafting elements of the diving suit (leather and some other stuff) and leather worked, quest just popped up after so much suffering.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
...My lines are backwards. FML,my lines are BACKWARDS!

All this time,it was that damn simple.
The dragon just got home from wrestling with the almost 2 yr. old granddaughter (he is SO out-classed!) and was looking at Mordenkainens pictures and had the same face-palm moment! In your defense, we tend to see what we expect to see and our own brains put roadblocks up.

I can also say that over MANY years of fixing electronic equipment, the FIX is usually that simple, if not simpler. The rub has always been figuring out what is causing the issue in the first place.

One of the rewards from the "Of Staves and Scepters" quest cannot take a foci, but I do not remember if it is the staff or the scepter. Sorry.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I noticed in the quest text for "Jarring Revelations" that using warded materials might reduce the risk of damaging a node during jarring; Would using Warded Glass qualify? Or is this just a red herring?

F

FTBRenex

How can I unlock the research of the golem core "Use"? I've tried everything but nothings works.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
You need to research the Golem Core: Empty topic,first,as well as have access to Infusion. Presumably,you must also scan the Empty Core. The Empty Core itself has a chain of prerequisites.

EDIT: Alright,finally got started on feeding my nearest Hungry Node; Slapped an item gate into the top so I can chuck in items. I'm currently chucking in wooden swords,which I hear break down into all Primal Aspects (I can't be bothered to actually check myself,right now). Here's what I know about Hungry Nodes,I think;

1) If they eat a stack of items,it's treated as a single item. Likely to keep people from easily feeding up a Hungry Node.
2) All Compound Aspects are broken down into their constituent parts,until only Primals remain,whereupon it might add one point of one of those Primal Aspects to its own maximum. Strangely,all Hungry Nodes have Fames,Lucrum,and Vacuos as constituent Aspects.
3) They cannot eat Obsidian,Item Grates,nor,it seems,Greatwood Slabs. Warded materials also seem like they'd be immune to the Hungry Node's gluttony.
4) There is no upper limit as to how much Vis a Hungry Node can contain.
5) Upon energisation,any Node will have its current Vis totals rooted,rounded down,for the production of Centivis. A properly fed Hungry Node will thus be ideal for cV production.

I'm gettin' mighty tired of chucking in individual swords; Are there better things to feed this behemoth? Also,is there a way to jar a node with,at the very least,a REDUCED chance to damage it? My research suggests a 70% chance of reducing the jarred node's brightness level upon release,and the quest log suggests a way,via warded materials,to reduce that risk.

Also,will chucking Bottled Taint at the ground beneath the node be faster for rendering it safe than letting a Crucible boil off?

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I think crafting tables are better than wooden swords.

As far as the bottled taint, yes its a much better way. In fact the cauldron trick simply doesnt work reliably in TC4.

I never ever move nodes via a bottle. Cheaty as it may be, Teleposers are the way to go. These move a node with no chance of damge.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Having (just) spent the time to note down what Arbor,Telum,and Fabrico break down into... I'm inclined to agree,Morde. Arbor breaks down into Aer,Aqua,and Terra,whilst Telum breaks down into all six Primal Aspects. Fabrico also breaks down into all six Primal Aspects. Arrows,the sole stacking source of Telum (that I know of),only has one Telum per item. Meanwhile,Rolling Machines have six Fabrico,and Crafting Tables have four. Would having more of the starting Aspect have an impact on absorption chance by the Hungry Node?

EDIT: Alright. Five daisy chained Hoppers into an Item Grate,each filled with either Crafting Tables or Rolling Machines. Time to see where this goes. First Hopper's filled with Crafting Tables,the second with Rolling Machines,and it alternates back to Crafting Tables,and yadda yadda.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think crafting tables are better than wooden swords.

As far as the bottled taint, yes its a much better way. In fact the cauldron trick simply doesnt work reliably in TC4.

I never ever move nodes via a bottle. Cheaty as it may be, Teleposers are the way to go. These move a node with no chance of damge.
Would I be right in thinking Regrowth has Automagy, and thus (I think) the Advanced Node Jarring that allows you to jar a node without damaging it?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It does have Automagy; I'm neck-deep in Crystal Brains research.
Ah, excellent! I know its very expensive, and I read that it requires a staff as wands don't hold enough magic, but if you wanted to go a less-cheaty (though I have no problem with teleposers!) route, that would be possible.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,before I bottle this wonderful piece of power,by all of your experience; What is a nice,happy Vis level,before energizing,for a node to be at,to provide sole power for an entire Thaumaturge's base,with all the bells and whistles?

Also,I ran some rather terrifying math on what I'm feeding this thing; I'm using five daisy chained Hoppers. Each Hopper has five slots. Three Hoppers are filled with Crafting Tables,while two are filled with Rolling Machines. They're arranged in alternating order.

1600 items are fed to the Hungry Node per load.
-640 of those items are Rolling Machines,with 6 Fabrico and 2 Machina each.
-960 of those items are Crafting Tables,with 4 Fabrico each.
--This is 7680 Fabrico total,plus 1280 Machina.

So... Yeah. That Fabrico and Machina is gonna break down into a LOT of Primal Vis.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
If everthing averages out that should be about 38 centivis (or 380 depending on how you look at it) of each aspect. Not bad!

EDIT - Math is hard.... Actually, it should be about 16 centivis (160) per. Still not bad!

Last edited:

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Alright,that got too manual for my liking. I've since set up an automated tree farm using (solely) Botania,and then used Botania and JABBA to auto-craft Crafting Tables to throw at the Hungry Node. I've noticed that it,every now and again,eats the Item Grate and Hopper (Now singular,fed by a B-Space Barrel),so I swing by every so often with replacement parts. Sure as Hell beats swinging by with the food for manual feeding. That was just going too slow,with how often I came by.

I'm shooting for at LEAST a thousand of each Primal before I go about making it safe for energization.

EDIT: Whelp. I'm now incredibly angry; My world's gone. When I was trying to fix a quest that refused to detect an item a while ago,I accidentally turned on Hardcore Questing Mode. The Gaia Guardian II killed me. Then,for no apparent reason,the local Pigmen (I fight bosses in the Nether),were aggroed,killing me twice before I can recover my kit.

All of my work,gone.

If it's possible to recover my world,please,tell me. If there is a way to turn off Hardcore Questing Mode afterwards,tell me that,too.

I am now impressively angry. I've gone beyond impotent screaming.

Last edited: