[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

S

Skye Silverwing

Alright, so my Regrowth reset a bunch of my Quests in my Quest Book unexpectedly, and I found myself having to use a Cheat Quest Book to re-complete a number of my quests. For whatever reason, though, my Aracanist reputation is at seven, even though I have completed all of the Quests in the first Chapter. Is there any way to fix this problem? It has made it so that I cannot see the first Witchery Quest at all, and I feel like if I am missing that much reputation, I am not going to be able to advance properly. I would rather not have to start over. Please help.

Traehgniw

Jul 11, 2016
I've been trying to advance in Witchery, but ran into a problem where I can't seem to get a zombie into the spiderweb and have it stay there. I managed to get a zomble in there with a Rod of the Shaded Mesa, but it despawned when I went to get my alder saplings.
How do you catch zombies without critter snares? RofSM is very awkward.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
@Traehgniw, the way most of us do it is have everything set up first in a 2 deep hole and then throw a zombie spawn egg in. Said zombie spawns in the hole and is caught in the web fairly quickly.

@Skye Silverwing, it appears as though whatever reset your quests also corrupted the reputation counters. You should probably delete the player.dat and player.dat.old files and re-do the Cheat Quest Book back to where you were completely. The second post in this forum has directions on how to do that. Simply have a void chest nearby to get rid of the extra rewards. That book is linked like a bowl of spaghetti (why @thephoenixlodge is NOT in a rubber room is beyond this dragon's ken) so you will have to bounce around from chapter to chapter. You have to hold in your inventory all of the ores you are able to make from Chapter 2 in order to complete the hidden quests there and there are other chapters with hidden quests that depend on holding the rewards from previous quests to unlock the next ones in the chain.

Reactions: fimbrethil

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so my Regrowth reset a bunch of my Quests in my Quest Book unexpectedly, and I found myself having to use a Cheat Quest Book to re-complete a number of my quests. For whatever reason, though, my Aracanist reputation is at seven, even though I have completed all of the Quests in the first Chapter. Is there any way to fix this problem? It has made it so that I cannot see the first Witchery Quest at all, and I feel like if I am missing that much reputation, I am not going to be able to advance properly. I would rather not have to start over. Please help.
Reputation is counted as a reward for quests - you need to go through and claim rewards on the quests you've marked as complete to actually get the rep.

A

AppleInYourMouth

Idk how to download the server and then use it, is there an IP or can I have a tutorial on how to download and use the server?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
What you basically need is the right version of Java, the server jar file from Minecraft, and the server files for the modpack. There are a number of server tutorials around. I personally use MineOS which is a Linux-based system. You might want to look over its manual even if you don't want to use Linux as it willl give you a high level view of what you need to make a server run. My server runs on a separate computer that is Linux OS but is not dedicated to just being a Minecraft server. This is the official Minecraft site as a place to start. https://minecraft.net/en/download/server

Q

qwertuipie

I am having a weird problem with mariculture, I seem to only be able to catch raw or male fish, in NEI it also only shows male and raw, I checked creative and the inventory there has raw and then two males.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Edit:
In case it's important, I was playing in a singleplayer world fishing in the ocean.
I checked minnows in NEI and creative

Last edited:
L

LilyRedmoon

its a great mod make but ive had to restart star and lose all my progress because it will randomly crash.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
its a great mod make but ive had to restart star and lose all my progress because it will randomly crash.
Is your allowed RAM set to 3.5-4? Also, Operating System/version of such, graphics card specifics, and do you have the crash logs themselves?
Excuse me, how do you get cactus? Shears aren't working!
I think I ended up getting cactus through other means (i.e. mutandis or Botania's dungeon loot flower or nature essence) last time I played, but it's been a bit. I also don't remember whether that particular modification was kept in or eventually swapped out, though if it's still supposed to work and won't, creative menu is always an option.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse me, how do you get cactus? Shears aren't working!
Shears are a known bug with the Agricraft mod. Version 1.02 is waiting for that to be fixed, although I am beginning to think that may be a marketeers promise of "Real Soon Now". However, one of the early quests gives cactus as a reward and you can also get it via the Botania Alchemical catalyst. Those cacti CAN be placed on sand and they WILL grow!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Shears are a known bug with the Agricraft mod. Version 1.02 is waiting for that to be fixed, although I am beginning to think that may be a marketeers promise of "Real Soon Now". However, one of the early quests gives cactus as a reward and you can also get it via the Botania Alchemical catalyst. Those cacti CAN be placed on sand and they WILL grow!
I actually have had a build with that fix for a while, I just have been kinda lacking the motivation to do much pack dev work.
In the meantime, you do get cactus as a quest reward for getting cactus seeds, which can then grow the vanilla way, or you can use the alchemy catalyst to turn green slimeballs into cactus.

Edit: Screw it I got around to finishing it off. I've submitted 1.0.2.
Mod Changes:
- Updated AcademyCraft to 1.0.6
- Updated Agricraft to 1.5.0-unofficialbugfix
- Updated Better Builder's Wands to 0.8.1
- Updated Buildcraft to 7.1.19
- Updated Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.8.1
- Updated ClimateControl to 0.8.2
- Updated EnderCore to 0.2.0.39_beta
- Updated Forestry to 4.2.16.64
- Updated Gadomancy to 1.0.7.3
- Updated Storage Drawers to 1.10.
- Updated WAILA Plugins to 0.2.0-25
Config Changes:
- Bibliocraft
- Add a few more witchery fume type items as compatible with the potion shelf
- Crafting Tweaks
- Disabled CT on the BC autoworktable
- Forge Microblocks
- Added various EBXL blocks as microblock capable
- Minetweaker Scripts
- Added analyzed 1/1/1 osmium seeds as an option for use in the imag seed recipe
Quest Changes:
- Fix Quests "Power Store" and "Getting a Power-Up" for Energy Cubes not detecting since fixing the recipe output in 1.0.1
- Fix a few typos
Notes:
- This Agricraft version fixes the ability to shear crops that produce dyes to get the full flower (incl cactus), and allows Essence Dust seeds to be bonemealable as intended
- but it is an unofficial build, so report bugs directly to me or Mordenkainen, NOT InfinityRaider

Last edited:
Reactions: fimbrethil

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Aha! Finally found that "Round Tuit" you've been looking for. Gotta be careful with those things, they roll away and hide very easily.

A

AndrewR73

Just updated to Regrowth 1.0.2 -- it gets to the main menu no problem, but when attempting to open my save game, it crashes half-way through loading... every time. Doesn't have a problem opening a new game, just loading my saved one.

I am using the FTB Launcher, and when it crashes it kills the console before I can even see what the error is let alone copy the content.

Is there any way I can fix this, or roll back to 1.0.1???

Thanks

-- Andrew

H

Harstdeath

Hi guys,
i'm here to ask for some help about set up around my assembly table. I can't manage to make it work, i tried with meka generator, with steam generator from railcraft we have to do in chapter 5. But i never start.
Here is how they set up now. Can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong? I'm pretty sure, i'm not far away but ... i can't launch this damn table...

PS : The screen shot is here
2017-01-09_21.46.41.png

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,
i'm here to ask for some help about set up around my assembly table. I can't manage to make it work, i tried with meka generator, with steam generator from railcraft we have to do in chapter 5. But i never start.
Here is how they set up now. Can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong? I'm pretty sure, i'm not far away but ... i can't launch this damn table...

PS : The screen shot is here
When you open the GUI of the assembly table and put resources for crafting in, you have to select the desired output from the available options on the right menu by left-clicking it. It will have a brighter red box around the selected options.

O

Oreolover88

Hi guys. I have a problem. When I use reward bags, they don't work anymore. They don't give me any items. Is there something wrong?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. I have a problem. When I use reward bags, they don't work anymore. They don't give me any items. Is there something wrong?
Each reward from the bags is set to be obtained a limited number of times, so as to ensure you can get all the possible rewards since some are only obtainable this way. As such, if you've opened enough bags, then you won't get anything more from them.

H

Harstdeath

When you open the GUI of the assembly table and put resources for crafting in, you have to select the desired output from the available options on the right menu by left-clicking it. It will have a brighter red box around the selected options.
I got this already.
My problem is about energy.
The RF meter, in the middle, is not going up. I read on ftb wiki that the assembly table doesn't need to be powered straight, but the the laser need and the laser will work on the table, once it is powered.
But as i said, it's not working.