[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It may be on a chunk boundary, I seem to remember that being an issue with cables in general. Try going into a new creative world and building something similar over a boundary (use a mini map mod to find these I'd suggest, or use f3) and see if you can get it to reoccur?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
It may be on a chunk boundary, I seem to remember that being an issue with cables in general. Try going into a new creative world and building something similar over a boundary (use a mini map mod to find these I'd suggest, or use f3) and see if you can get it to reoccur?

F9 will show chunk boundaries since Regrowth has NEI.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hum. It COULD be that the channels are all re-applying whenever you load up, and breaking the cable resets the pathing.
Looks like you eventually use all the ones that cable can handle at some end point. This might be fixable by having "overflow" channels, that are literally just there to be extra slots whenever it tries to recalculate where they're all going. Which would likely mean just having another (or bigger) cable connecting the two multi-blocks (though I've honestly never really gotten around to trying to use AE2's auto-crafting system, so not certain if that'll just temporarily break everything instead).
If that isn't it, I'd try poking the mod's Github if it has one. If it's a bug it should be recorded, if it isn't there should at least be more knowledgeable people about such things there than I.

asbestinuS

Jul 29, 2019
Back in the world, it seemd to work. I got my baubles back, duplicated them somehow, what ever, voided them and saw that all my items had the research points. Next I looked in the Questing book and I saw no quest completed. *sigh* So typed in /hqm edit and tried to OP complete the quests. Problem now is, that the OP book has all the quests completed already. But my real quest book doesn't.
I tried using the "HQM" players.dat-backup but the same there.

Also, I crashed a few times opening the QuestBook now, what's up with that?
http://pastebin.com/pmuasD80

Ok, I'm getting sick of problem solving, enough of that.
So, please, someone give me a link or something where I can find the hidden quests (all of them, pls). I only remember the Essence Berry Bush. What do I have to hold / craft? I completely deleted my HQM data now and am recompleting the quest...again.

Please, thanks.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Having these items in your inventory should unlock things:
  • Gold Ore
  • Aluminium Ore
  • Blaze Rod
  • Leather
  • Lapis Lazuli
  • Redstone
  • Essence of Shard
  • Diamond
  • Treefyd Seed
  • Osmium Ore
There are quests in chapter 9 that depend on you holding the rewards you get from the quests to unlock other quests in the chapter. Engaging the Acme Spawner Moving Company (while not critical) will open a quest that will allow you to complete a chapter (the dragon's tiny little brain doesn't remember which chapter it is).

Reactions: asbestinuS

asbestinuS

Jul 29, 2019
Having these items in your inventory should unlock things: [...]
Dear God, thank you very much! You made me very happy :)
What do you mean with "Acme Spawner Moving Company"? If I don't know it yet, will it come later in the Quests? I just started with the Academy Craft Quests, maybe 3 quests in. Still trying to get that ultra hyper Energy Cube Building together (what ever it is, sounds nice).
I'm changing my backups to explicit backup the playerdata files as well, without removing any version. Hopefully I will get over these annoying HQM edits.

Thanks again for naming the items, much appreciated !

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Heh heh, I was channeling Wile E. Coyote and all the things he ordered from Acme to try and catch the Road Runner. One of the mods lets you move chests and things and a variant of that item lets you move a spawner. You have to craft that item.

In the early days, we were having to do the HQM edit every time TPL changed versions because HQM pitched a hissy fit whenever it tried to read a player.dat file that didn't match the current book.

N

NicholasV99

In regrowth the quest patterned response says it will unlock 2 more quests and i completed the quest but no other quests were from completing that one. Can someone help me?

D

Deedeesaurus

So, I appear to be having a little bit of an issue with a few quests. First is a quest in What The World Teaches, and it's saying I have a quest which is finished and I can claim a reward, but when I click into that section, there's no quest to claim a reward from. I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be something to do with one of the secret map quests.

Second is the Powerstore quest in How The World Enhances, I've crafted the Basic Energy Cube, you can see it sitting on my hotbar in the third image below, but it doesn't seem to be registering in the quest book. It also wouldn't let me hit R to see the recipe in the quest book but it was there in NEI, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm posting because I'm not really sure how to go about fixing this on my own, so any advice would be appreciated!

tumblr_ogymv2eqvf1rmi1tjo2_1280.png
tumblr_ogymv2eqvf1rmi1tjo3_1280.png
tumblr_ogymv2eqvf1rmi1tjo1_1280.png

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So, I appear to be having a little bit of an issue with a few quests. First is a quest in What The World Teaches, and it's saying I have a quest which is finished and I can claim a reward, but when I click into that section, there's no quest to claim a reward from. I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be something to do with one of the secret map quests.

Second is the Powerstore quest in How The World Enhances, I've crafted the Basic Energy Cube, you can see it sitting on my hotbar in the third image below, but it doesn't seem to be registering in the quest book. It also wouldn't let me hit R to see the recipe in the quest book but it was there in NEI, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm posting because I'm not really sure how to go about fixing this on my own, so any advice would be appreciated!

tumblr_ogymv2eqvf1rmi1tjo2_1280.png
tumblr_ogymv2eqvf1rmi1tjo3_1280.png
tumblr_ogymv2eqvf1rmi1tjo1_1280.png

The Teaches quest is a thing for me as well, not sure why it won't display yet as I'm only halfway done, though I'd assume it'll reveal itself eventually

The cube.... Hum. It's a crafting task, so if there are multiple ways to craft it (ie if you look up the recipe and it gives you a couple different solutions with different items needed) you may need to make it with the other method. You also my need to use a regular crafting table as opposed to a Tinker's bench, though at that point HQM Edit is probably the easier option ('sides I think that hasn't been an issue since forever ago).

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019

The Energy Cube is a known issue. Mekanism changed the way it stored the energy data in the cube and when TPL fixed the recipes he missed the Powerstore quest and I think one other. Those quests are looking for the old data type and don't see the new one. The fix is in version 1.0.2, but that is waiting for an agricraft fix to shearing crops in crop sticks.

I'm not sure how to fix the map quests, perhaps kill mobs until you get 1 of each of the 3 maps and that may un-hide the quest that needs to complete. I thought those quest were supposed to stay visible until you actually claimed the reward??

D

Deedeesaurus

Ah, I see. Thanks for the advice, and for the info! I'll have to keep an eye out for maps in game, and for the eventual update when it comes. For now I'm gonna go back to playing ;3

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe someone smarter than me can explain why everytime I load my game I have to break and replace this cable to get it to recognize all the interfaces?
View attachment 30549 View attachment 30550 View attachment 30551

So I think it was the energy cell that was connecting the top set of interfaces/assemblers because I moved it and it would never connect the top set until I added the second cable and now it is connected correctly everytime.

2016-11-20_20.59.34.png

T

turtleg03

Hey I'm am up to date on the game, I've played it a while took a small break and when I came back to it a couple days later my game won't let me see the "middle" of the view area, it only lets me look up and down, even moving my mouse slowly up or down it snaps up or down. If you can please check it out and what the problem is. Thanks

asbestinuS

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
Is it possible to build the Auto-Chisel in Regrowth? NEI doesn't show the recipe, nor ist the one shown of a wiki working (3 slabs, 4 iron ingots).
My plan ist to chisel Limestone to get the Smooth variant (yields 1000mb of Limestone insted of 900mb, makes the calculation way easier).
Thanks!

C

CalgaryRose

Hi! I'm a first-time poster and relative Regrowth newbie with a question. Is there a way to automate making brownstone? I have a chest and hopper feeding gravel into the casting basin and another hopper pulling the brownstone out into another chest, but I still have to hit the smeltery faucet to pour the molten tin every time. If something like this was mentioned in a previous post, I apologize for asking the same question.

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I'm a first-time poster and relative Regrowth newbie with a question. Is there a way to automate making brownstone? I have a chest and hopper feeding gravel into the casting basin and another hopper pulling the brownstone out into another chest, but I still have to hit the smeltery faucet to pour the molten tin every time. If something like this was mentioned in a previous post, I apologize for asking the same question.

A BC fluid pipe with wooden engine or autarchic gate or MEK mechanical pipe would be my choice but you could also setup a redstone pulse clock or botania floating hourglass to activate the faucet. There are many ways to accomplish this in this pack.

C

CalgaryRose

A BC fluid pipe with wooden engine or autarchic gate or MEK mechanical pipe would be my choice but you could also setup a redstone pulse clock or botania floating hourglass to activate the faucet. There are many ways to accomplish this in this pack.

Thanks! I'll try the pipe and engine. I'm pretty new to mods in general, so any help anyone can give will be appreciated.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I'll try the pipe and engine. I'm pretty new to mods in general, so any help anyone can give will be appreciated.
Something you could also do involves a redstone comparator. Basically put one next to the hopper so it gets a signal every time the hopper pulls out something, then transfer that signal to the faucet to trigger it to pour more metals. Usually I do this this way (Y level view):
Faucet; Redstone dust; Redstone dust; Redstone torch
Basin; Random block; Random block; Random block
Hopper; Comparator; Random block; Redstone torch on the side of the random block opposite the comparator
This till I get Mekanism pipes, at which point I just have a small smeltery off to the side for casting specific things, and a few big ones for smelting ores that dump into JABBA barrels.

Reactions: fimbrethil