[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Is the cloth (spellbinding?) that removes enchants in this pack and I am just missing (or not researched) yet?

Z

Zerias

Spellbinding cloth is in, needs four enchanted cloth if I recall correctly, which is made using botania's enchanted string. You don't need to research it, as it belongs to botania.

Reactions: Jeridan

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Spellbinding cloth is in, needs four enchanted cloth if I recall correctly, which is made using botania's enchanted string. You don't need to research it, as it belongs to botania.

Thanks, explains why I couldn't find it in the thaumonomicon.

H

Harstdeath

You might want to check out the setup that Raetac uses for his Endoflames. It uses a waterfall to carry fuel past a series of flowers and then funnels all the mana into a single pool.
Ok i'll try to find some pictures of this.

About bees and forestry, i have something i don't understand.
Bees needs pretty soon a carpenter (4th quest i think), that needs a rolling machine from AE2 that runs with RF. So i need RF generator to have bees? For the moment, i have crafted rotors from mariculture but i can't put more than 2 in the same sense. So i can't use this.
Is there any other generator in this modpack, with any metals until pigiron/diamond/emeralds/redstone level (just got extreme infusion stone but none of associated seeds)?

In modded, until Regrowth, i always played with Thermal and ex nihilo, which offer an easy way to produce RF. Last game i had big room with crucible from ex nihilo and magmatic dynamo (around 60 magmatic dynamo). I used such things i started to play modded minecraft

Last edited:

Phillip thomas

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i'll try to find some pictures of this.

About bees and forestry, i have something i don't understand.
Bees needs pretty soon a carpenter (4th quest i think), that needs a rolling machine from AE2 that runs with RF. So i need RF generator to have bees? For the moment, i have crafted rotors from mariculture but i can't put more than 2 in the same sense. So i can't use this.
Is there any other generator in this modpack, with any metals until pigiron/diamond/emeralds/redstone level (just got extreme infusion stone but none of associated seeds)?

In modded, until Regrowth, i always played with Thermal and ex nihilo, which offer an easy way to produce RF. Last game i had big room with crucible from ex nihilo and magmatic dynamo (around 60 magmatic dynamo). I used such things i started to play modded minecraft
Rail craft boilers are your basic RF gen with coal and such which I believe is unlocked before you need redstone. You can actually have a pretty automated setup without it, but diamond and redstone are the most important seeds from Strong infusion stone. Get them as soon as you can.

S

Skye Silverwing

What are the Prerequisites for the Way the World Enhances? I completed almost all of Chapter 5 tech quests, and made all of the essence seeds, but I am not seeing any quests besides the Academycraft seeds in the Way the world Enhances.

Phillip thomas

Jul 29, 2019
What are the Prerequisites for the Way the World Enhances? I completed almost all of Chapter 5 tech quests, and made all of the essence seeds, but I am not seeing any quests besides the Academycraft seeds in the Way the world Enhances.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think you have to hold an osmium ingot to trigger them.

H

Harstdeath

Rail craft boilers are your basic RF gen with coal and such which I believe is unlocked before you need redstone. You can actually have a pretty automated setup without it, but diamond and redstone are the most important seeds from Strong infusion stone. Get them as soon as you can.
Got this already. Stuck on titanium, just got steel yesterday.
Quests ask me for magnesium dust which is created by mixing water and quicklime, but quicklime seems to be such a bug in mod interaction. Limestone melted in mariculture furnace creates quicklime but quicklime is not referenced in NEI.
I need to put it in a bucket (easy way to use vat). But bucket of quicklime doesn't exist. So can't put it in bucket.
But i found an other quicklime in nei, by melting limestone in Tinker smeltery. Tried it, but still no bucket.
I ended by using wooden fluid transfert pipe and wooden engine from buildcraft. So i need buildcraft to use mariculture. Sounds weird to me.
And these differents quicklime with only one in nei is pretty strange, don't you think?

Phillip thomas

Jul 29, 2019
Got this already. Stuck on titanium, just got steel yesterday.
Quests ask me for magnesium dust which is created by mixing water and quicklime, but quicklime seems to be such a bug in mod interaction. Limestone melted in mariculture furnace creates quicklime but quicklime is not referenced in NEI.
I need to put it in a bucket (easy way to use vat). But bucket of quicklime doesn't exist. So can't put it in bucket.
But i found an other quicklime in nei, by melting limestone in Tinker smeltery. Tried it, but still no bucket.
I ended by using wooden fluid transfert pipe and wooden engine from buildcraft. So i need buildcraft to use mariculture. Sounds weird to me.
And these differents quicklime with only one in nei is pretty strange, don't you think?
Yeah, not having the bucket is frustrating, but there are several methods to transport it. I usually just put the vat next to the mariculture furnace and set auto empty. then I pump in water and hopper the magnesium out the bottom. Or you could use the ladle...
The mod dependency is actually one of the things I like most about this pack. You can't just pick your favorite mod and tech all the way up, you have to integrate several of them at once to progress.

H

Harstdeath

Is having no bucket a choice from our modpack dev?
I didnt imagine that putting a vat close to the furnace will auto empty it, but it makes sense, you're so right! I'll do it! I've to say i hate these pipes who needs energy to move items or fluids...
The mod dependency is actually one of the things I like most about this pack. You can't just pick your favorite mod and tech all the way up, you have to integrate several of them at once to progress.
Yeah i agree! But it's ok using more than one mod to create something, like blast furnace which needs mariculture items to craft and infernal bricks from chiseling blocks crafted from magical crops essence.
Even if it's a bit complicated sometimes, i feel like trying to find my way in a labyrinth, it's kind of funny since we can made our way from magic with botania or technology, agriculture. That's what i like.
The only thing i miss from the modpack is a kind of speed up in adventure through exploration. Like treasure maps, but more rewarding.
My treasure maps all pointed to the same place, a chest with just one canister as interesting item.What would be great is that those treasure map quest would rewarding with a few items of the higher tier you have (i just got my first steel ingot, if i claim his location task rewarding, i'll got like 5 or 10 steel ingots). Since we have the quest system, the dev can have a quest by tier which will be unlocked by, in my exemple, the first steel quest.
It will be rewarding, not game breaking.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Was the ability to right-click a warded jar on another to transfer the essentia removed or am I experiencing some weird bug?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
H

Harstdeath

I looked at your setup... but "golems" ...
I've no thaumcraft yet. If i am right, i can setup pretty the same setup just with bspace barrel, Hopper, opencrate, into water source, flowing around a tower like your setup, with a Hopper into the other barrel.
But i'll have to use my own hands to harvest and craft coal essences.

Today, i got such a good feeling! My first osmium pickaxe, with silk jewel and auto repair! Running in the nether and mining anything i want! No more worries about pigmen or mining level!
Now i need cheated armor and weapon! Let's go for the last metal seeds, and then mekanism, i hope... And maybe ae2 soon i hope!

The harder the way, the better the feeling when we reach our goal.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, you have Osmium, but no Thaumcraft? I think you may be making things harder on youself as a lot of the packs acceleration (and all of its terraforming) comes from the magic mods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

H

Harstdeath

Once i have steel, i can mine cobalt and ardite, make manyullyum alloy, and mine osmium. It's pretty fast once i know what to do. For thaumcraft... i don't know how to have the first quests. My mana is made out of endoflames and not automatized yet. And witchery, i didnt take time yet to build my altar yet, since i have just destroyed everything in my base to expand (around 5 levels now of around 100x100 blocks, while i had like just one tower of 10x10 on 3 levels), not speaking of my garden.
If you can tell me how to start the first thaumcraft quests, maybe i could start it in the next few days?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Wish I had noticed quest fairest of them all needed to be triggered before I went in the mirror. Also getting real tired of unnatural hunger, etc everytime I go to do something like fight the reflection or Gaia guardian etc. Don't want to remove warp just yet until I get all the eldritch unlocked but jeeze the frequency of effects is annoying. Any pro tips other than suck it up?

H

Harstdeath

Got a problem about witchery. Only quest left for me is "kill a witch hunter").
I read i need to use poppet to make them pop, but i don't need poppet since any situation where poppet might save me will lead me to death just after. It seems we can make curses instead to make them pop. Did you find anything useful for this modpack ?