[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Got a problem about witchery. Only quest left for me is "kill a witch hunter").
I read i need to use poppet to make them pop, but i don't need poppet since any situation where poppet might save me will lead me to death just after. It seems we can make curses instead to make them pop. Did you find anything useful for this modpack ?

Hopefully someone with experience will respond but when I get done with the summoning/trapping I was going to try cursing villagers.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
You do not need one of the protection-poppets.
The one you craft first (before adding anything protection/curse-wise) and when you right click with the poppet you should feel a lil moving. (you might have to taglock it to you, not sure about that... long ago)

Just use it to push yourself - or whoever you taglocked with it - a bit around and then wait. After a while the witch hunters should appear.

[edit]
Just doublechecked (really been a long while since I last played with witchery):
"Voodoo Poppet" <- that's the one I mean. So not the standard one, but one more step to craft it.

[edit 2]
Just tested it, to see if it's still a viable way:
Still working. I used about half the duration of the voodoo-poppet (to make sure they notice me) then it took about a whole minecraft-day and suddenly they appeared.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeridan

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
You do not need one of the protection-poppets.
The one you craft first (before adding anything protection/curse-wise) and when you right click with the poppet you should feel a lil moving. (you might have to taglock it to you, not sure about that... long ago)

Just use it to push yourself - or whoever you taglocked with it - a bit around and then wait. After a while the witch hunters should appear.

[edit]
Just doublechecked (really been a long while since I last played with witchery):
"Voodoo Poppet" <- that's the one I mean. So not the standard one, but one more step to craft it.

[edit 2]
Just tested it, to see if it's still a viable way:
Still working. I used about half the duration of the voodoo-poppet (to make sure they notice me) then it took about a whole minecraft-day and suddenly they appeared.

Thanks for the details and the testing. May do this just to do the quest but I am thinking of building a village when I do the vampire line and see if I can get them to "hire" a witchhunter.

H

Harstdeath

One more question for you guys : i'm trying to get a first mekanism rf generator (cause buildcraft steam generator are so noisy...).
So i've crafted the heat generator, it works, i managed to supply my mariculture air compressor with it.
But i want to plug mekanism rf cable (crafted with 2 steel ingots and 1 redstone, and capacity told in rf/t so i am sure it's energy cable).
So i put my machine and put my cable on the backface. And they didn't connect. Is anything to do to make them connect? I found nothing to set up.
(First time with mekanism, i'm a bit experimenting)

Btw, witchery don't like me. I already use 5 poppet for fall damage jumping from my 40block high roof and i've still not seen any witch hunter. Any other tips?

Last edited:

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Make a voodoo poppet, tagged to yourself, and play around with it. Have bone needles in your inventory, take it diving without water breathing, go for a bath in lava... witch hunters don't like voodoo poppets.

S

Shimizoki

Regrowth is my first pack with Mekanism in it... and I am having the hardest time getting it to automate.

Right now I am trying to automate a simple power generation setup with and Electrolytic Separator -> PRC -> Gas-Burning Generator.
The problem is that the PRC needs to use 6 sides, and I can only seem to get pipes to connect to 5 of them (The bottom just wont connect)

Input: Water, Power, Hydrogen, Biofuel
Output: Ethylene, Substrate

What am I missing?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a few different automated mana producing setups and here's mine.
2016-10-05_21.50.56.png

Thanks to posters about the voodoo poppets. I used one successfully to complete the quest. Didn't take but one drowning session and a few bone needles and he was in my face. Still going to try to get a village to hire one haha.

Finished the Academycraft line. Nearly lost my mind with those recipes lol. Looks like a cool mod that I need to research a bit.

Now that I have unlocked the obelisk crafting recipe, is it safe to remove warp or is there something else I need warp to unlock?

kurisu_TEPDCR

Apr 18, 2015
i wouldnt remove the warp untill you got like everything from thaumcraft/ thaumcraft addons.
(normally i dont even remove it)

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I killed my first ever gaia guardian today. The gaia pit from page... 698? wasn't exactly effective with the most recent botania changes to the gaia guardian being a butt. It got me to 1.5 hearts at one point, the magical potion rewards from growth mastery were very handy, and absorption. I don't think invisibility helped. anyone killed a gaia more recently for extra... ideas on how to get it set up?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I killed my first ever gaia guardian today. The gaia pit from page... 698? wasn't exactly effective with the most recent botania changes to the gaia guardian being a butt. It got me to 1.5 hearts at one point, the magical potion rewards from growth mastery were very handy, and absorption. I don't think invisibility helped. anyone killed a gaia more recently for extra... ideas on how to get it set up?

I use this setup (
) with flame chakram as my only weapon. It's a little bit long of a battle because I just watch the area in the front killing zone so I'm not chasing it all around.

2016-10-05_22.56.02.png

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
There is a pretty easy way to kill the Gaia Guardian. You have to activate him, then quickly run to a certain distance, I think it is like 9-ish blocks, cant remember. He will spawn but doesnt detect you, you can just keep left-clicking with your terra blade to kill him from a distance. It is a pretty cheesy way to kill him, but you dont even need any armor for that. Pretty sure that this "feature" is known to vazkii and he hasnt bothered to fix it.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest method to killing the Gaia Guardians (I or II), just use a field of healing flowers(forget the name white something) under the spawn area. Then i am lazier and use Terrasteel armor with magical food for the regen. I routinely farm the Gaia II. Last play thru i was destroying the dice because i had 100 saved up already.

I

Iya_Taisho

So I have a Witchery question in dealing with Spectral Stones. I know Spectral Stones can keep up to 3 of Banshees, Poltergeists, and Specters within them. My question is, once you have a single one within a Spectral Stone, can you keep stacking more into that stone? And if not, do you need to summon the ones in it already to stack 3?

Also, a small hint in dealing with these pains in the butt: get Necromancer Robes. All undead ignore you at that point.

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "Power Store" in Chapter 14. How the World Enhances is apparently bugged. When crafting the Basic engery cube the quest does not detect the cube or complete the quest.
This is the most recent version, 1.0.1 Anyone got to this quest yet and have any idea on how to complete it without the editing? Thank you

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "Power Store" in Chapter 14. How the World Enhances is apparently bugged. When crafting the Basic engery cube the quest does not detect the cube or complete the quest.
This is the most recent version, 1.0.1 Anyone got to this quest yet and have any idea on how to complete it without the editing? Thank you

Raetec also ran into this on his series, as have i. You just need to give yourself the OP book and finish it. I just destroyed the book after i was done with it.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a Witchery question in dealing with Spectral Stones. I know Spectral Stones can keep up to 3 of Banshees, Poltergeists, and Specters within them. My question is, once you have a single one within a Spectral Stone, can you keep stacking more into that stone? And if not, do you need to summon the ones in it already to stack 3?

Also, a small hint in dealing with these pains in the butt: get Necromancer Robes. All undead ignore you at that point.
Another thing; with banshees, earmuffs are a lifesaver.

K

K'Zel Karastai

Hi,

Im trying to get living wood and I looked up NEI, however, it says that I can use dead wood logs but I have placed dead wood logs but they are not changing. Am I doing something wrong?

whit

Jul 29, 2019
ss+(2016-10-08+at+12.21.36).jpg
ss+(2016-10-08+at+12.23.35).jpg
Hi, I'm plying regrowth v1.0.1 on a public server. My gate of the void walker portal will not let me enter. I'm wondering if there are server settings that can cause this? I have the research as shown in the pic but when I step onto the portal I just sit there. I've kinda searched around but the only thing I could find is that the gate of the voidwalker research is required.