[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this was confirmed as an agricraft issue.

With Botania flowers, there is a workaround by having a Jaded Amaranthus available when you need actual flowers (i.e. floating flowers). In most cases, though, the petals are more useful.

Need actual Cactus (usually due to playing with bees)? Convert a slimeball or three using Botania (alchemy catalyst) and grow regular ones as usual.

And so on; Most items of this nature should have workarounds, it just requires sniffing around in NEI or vanilla mechanics a bit. Certain items stump me however. One Botania item (Teru Teru Bozu) requires sunflowers to craft and feed for effect. That required an Oxeye Daisy and an alchemy catalyst, but that flower is no longer available through agricraft. I caved in here, and cheated in a couple stacks of sunflowers to feed it. :)
The cactus seeds have a reward of 8 cactus blocks in the Life of the World quest.

N

Noax

I am curious anyone played this mod with computercraft? I always liked the possibilities of that mod and was wondering if it would be a nice addition to this modpack.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
I am curious anyone played this mod with computercraft? I always liked the possibilities of that mod and was wondering if it would be a nice addition to this modpack.

This one is pretty fine-tuned with the custom recipes intended to keep a specific flow to the game. If you're already late game and want to try adding something for fun, I don't see why not, but IMO adding stuff that changes gameplay like that really breaks the intention of Regrowth. I would also expect it to break other things in the pack, but I don't know that for sure. Infinity has Computercraft though, and I'm enjoying playing with it on that modpack.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "The Hellfire Club" doesn't recognize I killed the demon. I did it again after a game restart to make sure it wasn't just a session glitch. Version 1.0.1

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
The flower conversions with the alchemy catalyst are a loop with any vanilla flower. So just keep throwing a flower at it and you'll eventually get a sunflower. Maybe set up some bees to keep you generating new flowers to convert?

ALL vanilla flowers can be cycled through with the alchemy catalyst. Also worth noting, for all those 2 block high vanilla flowers - you can use bonemeal on them to get an extra one, and you actually get one of each of them from one of the garden stuff quests in the first chapter.

Interesting. I sit corrected then. :) I do have some bees off in one corner, but really didn't do anything with breeding. I had this notion of just getting a few Jungle hives going, so I had a supply of the wispy stuff (its used in expanding the Forestry bags as well).

The cactus seeds have a reward of 8 cactus blocks in the Life of the World quest.

Fair point, had forgotten that. I've not had to restart my original world yet, and like to progress slowly.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on getting the imp to give up the soul of hunger demon? I have been giving gold and diamonds and he isn't giving it up.

H

Harst

May someone give me recipes for villager, hobgoblin, and other PNJ eggs? My game keeps crashing when asking recipe to NEI.
Thanks to the nes who answered me. I have no crash log (forgot to opy paste when it happened) and now it's ok, i have done nothing but letting curse update regrowth to the latest version (published since i have my crash, so it should be ok).
I come back to you for some thing else, king of very strange phenomenon in my regrowth world.

Close to a pigmen "spawner" (kind of obsidian portal with lava in the middle, and kind of witchery infernal red glych on obsidian sculted lava block in the floor), i found a strange point in the sky (around 7 or 8 block above the floor), which attracted violently any entitities nearby, pigmen, regular overworld enemies, loots or players. As soon as i am caught, i begin fly up and down again and again until dying by fall damage. I have feather falling rank I from mariculture enchanting, and i take no damage for 30 blocks falls, and here i die from 10 blocks fall. But this attraction also breaks gravestone and my stuff end by vanishing.
Only thing i have been able to see close to attraction center is a "Aura node" (Thaumcraft?).
I tried to come underground to get my gravestone. But got mining fatigue since it made me fly in my 2x1 tunnel. and once i come around where i think i died, can't find any gravestone and can't even move one block away from there...

So i have two questions :
How can i get my questbook back? or at least get a new one? i think i may manage to do the quests again.
And what the fuck is this thing? Nothing to show it but two or three black pixels flying around (dust from the ground i think) and it's deadly trap you can't escape.

EDIT : PS : I can give you my saves if someone want to have a look at it, with equipment and coordinates to look at.

EDIT : Got my quest book, and thank you developer, i don't have every quests to do again.
Still the problem of what the fuck can this phenomenon be?

Last edited:

LunarDarkAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to the nes who answered me. I have no crash log (forgot to opy paste when it happened) and now it's ok, i have done nothing but letting curse update regrowth to the latest version (published since i have my crash, so it should be ok).
I come back to you for some thing else, king of very strange phenomenon in my regrowth world.

Close to a pigmen "spawner" (kind of obsidian portal with lava in the middle, and kind of witchery infernal red glych on obsidian sculted lava block in the floor), i found a strange point in the sky (around 7 or 8 block above the floor), which attracted violently any entitities nearby, pigmen, regular overworld enemies, loots or players. As soon as i am caught, i begin fly up and down again and again until dying by fall damage. I have feather falling rank I from mariculture enchanting, and i take no damage for 30 blocks falls, and here i die from 10 blocks fall. But this attraction also breaks gravestone and my stuff end by vanishing.
Only thing i have been able to see close to attraction center is a "Aura node" (Thaumcraft?).
I tried to come underground to get my gravestone. But got mining fatigue since it made me fly in my 2x1 tunnel. and once i come around where i think i died, can't find any gravestone and can't even move one block away from there...

So i have two questions :
How can i get my questbook back? or at least get a new one? i think i may manage to do the quests again.
And what the fuck is this thing? Nothing to show it but two or three black pixels flying around (dust from the ground i think) and it's deadly trap you can't escape.

EDIT : PS : I can give you my saves if someone want to have a look at it, with equipment and coordinates to look at.

EDIT : Got my quest book, and thank you developer, i don't have every quests to do again.
Still the problem of what the fuck can this phenomenon be?
what you have found is a Hungry Node from Thaumcraft. they eat everything(including your grave) save obsidian.

Reactions: fimbrethil

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on getting the imp to give up the soul of hunger demon? I have been giving gold and diamonds and he isn't giving it up.
Blaze rods. Its an rng thing, but feed him blaze rods.

Interesting. I sit corrected then. :) I do have some bees off in one corner, but really didn't do anything with breeding. I had this notion of just getting a few Jungle hives going, so I had a supply of the wispy stuff (its used in expanding the Forestry bags as well).
If you get an esectoire, some time on your hands, and a tropical bee, if you keep winning the game, its a great way to poison-free get lots of combs to centrifuge into wispy stuff.

R

ruairidh74

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with errors I keep getting in the latest version. I get 36 "NEI Item Filtering/ERROR"s every single time I open NEI. Eventually my game will become really slow and start freezing. I was able to fix this by disabling NEI but I do kinda need it in this pack.
Any suggestions?

Here is the FML log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5wslAw9iCFARmZ6NUJlQmJpQ3M

Thanks!

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge - Duplication bug?

v1.01 - Auto workbench - Put items into crafting grid, then put items into slots underneath. Then click the clear grid arrow (which is not configured correctly either, been this way since 1.0 that i noticed), you get all the resources back that were in the crafting grid even tho you actually never used them (unless it is 9, then for some reason you get 8 and one stays in the grid but you can not get it).

Untitled.gif

Edit: Tried it on a rune of wrath, only item in crafting grid and it duplicated it without it even in the Auto Workbenchs inventory space,

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Oh really? I'll get back to there and put signs all around the zone. No way i'll lose everything again like it!

Actually, it'll probably eat the signs eventually, especially if it's got plenty of stuff nearby to feed it. This is a picture of the crater that one left in my original playthrough:

WeBhZAe.png

Reactions: JustHeyo
H

Harstdeath

That's a huge crater. If à hungry node only have around 10 blocks range at the beginning but yours made a 12 blocks deep crater, it means that the node gains strength over time? Or maybe eating mobs and blocks?

Anyway putting signs 30 blocks away is enough far away to prevent signs from being sucked up and to stop before i come too close.

By the way i found an other hungry node (painfully...), but with leapfrog enchant, i could jump high enough to move a few blocks away before i died. My gravestone got juste on the limite the node couldnt suck it. So going underground allow me to get all my stuff (i lost knapbag from Tinker and stacks of bolts and arrows, so nothing important)
Édit : Sorry for accents. French keyboard and auto correcting.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
That's a huge crater. If à hungry node only have around 10 blocks range at the beginning but yours made a 12 blocks deep crater, it means that the node gains strength over time? Or maybe eating mobs and blocks?

Anyway putting signs 30 blocks away is enough far away to prevent signs from being sucked up and to stop before i come too close.

By the way i found an other hungry node (painfully...), but with leapfrog enchant, i could jump high enough to move a few blocks away before i died. My gravestone got juste on the limite the node couldnt suck it. So going underground allow me to get all my stuff (i lost knapbag from Tinker and stacks of bolts and arrows, so nothing important)
Édit : Sorry for accents. French keyboard and auto correcting.

They do grow with time and from eating. A few more daring people have told me that Ender Pearls are your best way to escape the nodes, and that it is possible to box them in with obsidian. If you have a Wand of Equal Exchange and set up the obsidian right, you can swap it out for Warded Glass and get yourself a Node in a Jar.

H

Harstdeath

Won't the Pearl be sucked up by the node, when we throw it?

By the way, i'm looking for informations about mana generation with botania.
For the moment, i use endoflames and i throw blocks of coal in the middle of them until it is no more accepted. I have around 15 of them and i'll go for 15 more.
Sometimes when i throw one coal block in the middle, only one flower lights up, and sometimes around ten with still one coal block. I thought one item goes in one flower but it seems that no. Whats the rule?
I'll add entropinium (mana from tnt) to help production, now that i have some creeper seeds. Are they very more productive? How much times?
When i create entropinium, i need one of the sin rune (wrath i think). Do i get my rune back after the craft? Like every craft on the altar? It's the first time i use a rune on the Pearl apothecary.
Juste to have an idea : do you know how much flowers we need to fill à mana pool just with one item for each flower? I mean just throwing once enough tnt or coal block to trigger every flower and then just waiting.

Last edited:

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019

For the moment, i use endoflames and i throw blocks of coal in the middle of them until it is no more accepted. I have around 15 of them and i'll go for 15 more.
Sometimes when i throw one coal block in the middle, only one flower lights up, and sometimes around ten with still one coal block. I thought one item goes in one flower but it seems that no. Whats the rule?
I'll add entropinium (mana from tnt) to help production, now that i have some creeper seeds. Are they very more productive? How much times?
When i create entropinium, i need one of the sin rune (wrath i think). Do i get my rune back after the craft? Like every craft on the altar? It's the first time i use a rune on the Pearl apothecary.
Juste to have an idea : do you know how much flowers we need to fill à mana pool just with one item for each flower? I mean just throwing once enough tnt or coal block to trigger every flower and then just waiting.
Exact numbers are discouraged with Botania, so there isn't much documentation on it, but it is open source so if you're really curious about numbers you can always look it up in the code. The animation on the Endoflames seems to be a visual glitch, I've noticed it a few times as well. If you right click with the Wand of the Forest rapidly on the flowers you'll be able to see which ones are actually consuming the coal blocks you threw. Without numbers, all I can tell you about the comparison between Entropinnyum and Endoflame is yes, they're very much more productive and it's extremely noticeable. You may want to upgrade your mana spreader before setting up any Entropinnyums. You do not get the runes back from Petal Apothecary crafts. The answer to your last question is "a whole lot".

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

You might want to check out the setup that Raetac uses for his Endoflames. It uses a waterfall to carry fuel past a series of flowers and then funnels all the mana into a single pool.