[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
The aim of Regrowth is to bring life back to the world, and you don't think a mod that allows you to create villages that grow and expand fits the theme?
and there doesn't seem to be a better mod to spawn new villages.

To clarify; I know it is the only available choice for its function. There is just something about the mod I think doesn't fit with the others. But like I said, its not nearly as bad as the other three I mentioned.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
To clarify; I know it is the only available choice for its function. There is just something about the mod I think doesn't fit with the others. But like I said, its not nearly as bad as the other three I mentioned.
Fair comment :) I guess with the flora and basic fauna, its slow growth and some magic to bring them back; for them its wave a magic wand and POOF! instavillage. I'm totally with you on AcademyCraft though, it seems like an interesting mod, but a weird choice for Regrowth.

A sci-fi themed pack where you start off with that very early, on the other hand - with more ability to change class if you want, perhaps more narrative... yeah, that could work!

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Fair comment :) I guess with the flora and basic fauna, its slow growth and some magic to bring them back; for them its wave a magic wand and POOF! instavillage. I'm totally with you on AcademyCraft though, it seems like an interesting mod, but a weird choice for Regrowth.

A sci-fi themed pack where you start off with that very early, on the other hand - with more ability to change class if you want, perhaps more narrative... yeah, that could work!
I'd love something like that, though maybe let AC get further in first. :p

I only discovered Academy Craft through regrowth though, I didn't even know it existed or how much I'd love it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Regarding Millienaire - Instavillage is cool, and it does seem to be the only 'village creating mod' out there, but the questing system that comes with it (and is a substantial appeal) is completely borked by the absence of biomes that aren't 'player-created'.

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
You know you can use the AE Storage Bus to attach to all of those and access them from the terminal right? You don't HAVE to use the drives to store things in. If you configure the Storage Bus that container (basrrel, drawer, etc) will become the default storage for those items. And you can attach ONE storage bus to a drawer controller to access the entire thing (special compatibility was made for it).
yeah I know I can do that. It can be attached to mfr dsus, jabba barels chests etc etc. I'm a bit away from it atm. And I think that storage drives are better storage for random items/trash. I will be using drawers/barrels for massive storage anyways.

Thats EXACTLY what "Storage Network" does, but its a 1.8.9 mod.. hence why I was suggesting it for a new and/or updated Regrowth. If you haven't played a 1.8.9 mod pack that has it, you can try out "The Essentials" mod pack VIA the curse voice launcher.. it uses Storage Network. IMO its a great mod that hopefully will get improved and become a staple in mod packs.
I should check this out. Haven't played any 1.8.9 packs yet. Don't have much time in my life atm.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Millienaire - Instavillage is cool, and it does seem to be the only 'village creating mod' out there, but the questing system that comes with it (and is a substantial appeal) is completely borked by the absence of biomes that aren't 'player-created'.
Well, technically there's also Ancient Warfare. But its designed to be an early-game unlock/progression, and looks difficult to tweak. Would have been a nice helper mod if it could be restricted to the dream dimension or some such.

My only concern with AcademyCraft here is that its internal progression is too slow, making its current unlock slot (late game) already 'obsoleted' by other mods (Botania, Thaumcraft and/or Mekanism). Shifting the seed unlock to mid-game (say at same unlock time as diamond seeds) would make the mod more viable as another option. Especially since the crafting is self-contained from the seed's resource.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Well, technically there's also Ancient Warfare. But its designed to be an early-game unlock/progression, and looks difficult to tweak. Would have been a nice helper mod if it could be restricted to the dream dimension or some such.

My only concern with AcademyCraft here is that its internal progression is too slow, making its current unlock slot (late game) already 'obsoleted' by other mods (Botania, Thaumcraft and/or Mekanism). Shifting the seed unlock to mid-game (say at same unlock time as diamond seeds) would make the mod more viable as another option. Especially since the crafting is self-contained from the seed's resource.
A config in AC for progression rate would be great, I completely agree it takes AGES to level up even once in it. Unlocking it earlier might be a good idea, maybe gating the power system behind other mods, but allowing access to the RF->IF/IF->RF converters immediately would help with some balance (still needing cables to run power until late game).

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys. Have a little problem here. Trying to get into The End, and whenever I enter there, there is always a cat waiting for me to kick me off the platform -.- No flying yet. Any advices? It lags for a 2-3 sec when I enter in and I just find myself slipping into the darkness every time.

Additional question: what is the best combination for a crossbow? which parts, which bolt? ty in advance!! ^^

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys. Have a little problem here. Trying to get into The End, and whenever I enter there, there is always a cat waiting for me to kick me off the platform -.- No flying yet. Any advices? It lags for a 2-3 sec when I enter in and I just find myself slipping into the darkness every time.

Two choices off the top of my head, Change to peaceful/or op yourself and then zone in (cheating but at this point no way around it because of lag). Second choice, delete the end file and then just zone back in. Cat should be gone and technically you didn't have to cheat.

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
Two choices off the top of my head, Change to peaceful/or op yourself and then zone in (cheating but at this point no way around it because of lag). Second choice, delete the end file and then just zone back in. Cat should be gone and technically you didn't have to cheat.
"technically" heheh. you are right I should do something because its quite stupid. Ty ^^

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
"technically" heheh. you are right I should do something because its quite stupid. Ty ^^
Just thought of it and thought I should suggest it. Get a form of invisibility and remove all armor. Walk in and let it load. As long as you are wearing no armor NPCs cannot detect you.
Botania tainted blood pendant (cloaking) will let you stay invisible as long as you wear the amulet and have a mana supply on you (with mana obviously).

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought of it and thought I should suggest it. Get a form of invisibility and remove all armor. Walk in and let it load. As long as you are wearing no armor NPCs cannot detect you.
Botania tainted blood pendant (cloaking) will let you stay invisible as long as you wear the amulet and have a mana supply on you (with mana obviously).

How about normal invisibility potion (idk if it's craftable) and/or tinkers invisibility armor?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
The invisibility potion lasts a small amount of time, and it stacks up to 1, it would fill your inventory quickly, other than that, it's pretty cheap. Idk anything about the TiC Invisibility Armor.

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
The invisibility potion lasts a small amount of time, and it stacks up to 1, it would fill your inventory quickly, other than that, it's pretty cheap. Idk anything about the TiC Invisibility Armor.

I will go to the end as soon as I finish all the quests (or get bored of them :p). Totally forgot to check how to make potion and how long it lasts. I was thinking since magical crops has every status effect as seed maybe it has invisibility too. Gotta check it later sometimes.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I will go to the end as soon as I finish all the quests (or get bored of them :p). Totally forgot to check how to make potion and how long it lasts. I was thinking since magical crops has every status effect as seed maybe it has invisibility too. Gotta check it later sometimes.

Sadly, no. Fire resist, Strength, Speed, Water breathing, Regen, and Night vision.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
How about normal invisibility potion (idk if it's craftable) and/or tinkers invisibility armor?
Tinkers armor does technically work, however you have to be sneaking for it to activate, which may not work while you're loading. As RealKC said normal invis potions just don't stack. I was suggesting the amulet since it's easy to make in regrowth, and is useful whenever you don't want mobs to see you (works great for trading with demons from witchery for example).

Last edited:

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, no. Fire resist, Strength, Speed, Water breathing, Regen, and Night vision.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :(

Tinkers armor does technically work, however you have to be sneaking for it to activate, which may not work while you're loading. As RealKC said normal invis potions just don't stack. I was suggesting the amulet since it's easy to make in regrowth, and is useful whenever you don't want mobs to see you (works great for trading with demons from witchery for example).

Totally forgot that you have to be sneaking to use it, my bad. I thought amulet is complicated to make, since all magic mods are complicated to me, more of a tech guy I am. I will try that. But after I finished with other things and craft nice xbow for dragon. Just got cobalt and ardite seeds. Do you guys know about pokefennium bolts? I know manyulinn ones are the best because of how heavy and durable they are.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :(

Totally forgot that you have to be sneaking to use it, my bad. I thought amulet is complicated to make, since all magic mods are complicated to me, more of a tech guy I am. I will try that. But after I finished with other things and craft nice xbow for dragon. Just got cobalt and ardite seeds. Do you guys know about pokefennium bolts? I know manyulinn ones are the best because of how heavy and durable they are.
Amulet = 1 mana diamond, 1 ghast tear, 4 prismarine shards (nether quartz tossed into a mana pool above an alchemical catalyst will make them)
Right click it onto a botanical brewery, then put on 1 netherwart, 1 snowball and 1 glowstone. Point spreader at brewery, and you'll have your invisibility amulet in seconds.

There's also a quest to make one of the amulets and the brewery in the botania section, so bonus stuff.

Have not used pokefennium, I normally use thaumium core, manyullyn tipped bolts, Extra modifer for more quartz.

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
Amulet = 1 mana diamond, 1 ghast tear, 4 prismarine shards (nether quartz tossed into a mana pool above an alchemical catalyst will make them)
Right click it onto a botanical brewery, then put on 1 netherwart, 1 snowball and 1 glowstone. Point spreader at brewery, and you'll have your invisibility amulet in seconds.

There's also a quest to make one of the amulets and the brewery in the botania section, so bonus stuff.

Have not used pokefennium, I normally use thaumium core, manyullyn tipped bolts, Extra modifer for more quartz.

I was about to do amulet quest my power went off -.- will do as you say.

I don't have acces to thaumium atm, Using pokefennium core with manyullin tip. 720 durability on bolts which is insane lol. Idk but dmg seems like crap, there are 3 quartz upgrades on bolts but I only can kill normal mobs on range, close range is kinda shit. At least sword doing some work.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
I was about to do amulet quest my power went off -.- will do as you say.

I don't have acces to thaumium atm, Using pokefennium core with manyullin tip. 720 durability on bolts which is insane lol. Idk but dmg seems like crap, there are 3 quartz upgrades on bolts but I only can kill normal mobs on range, close range is kinda shit. At least sword doing some work.
This is my usual weapon. Rend and Tear.
http://imgur.com/a/VdhuL
For the Crossbow, the arrow speed is the most important part for damage. Second would be reload speed (boosted by redstone) to repeat fire faster.

Reactions: An0nymuS