[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

M

marek_maras

hello, I was doing some map renders while I was playing Vanilla few years ago.
How to do a render of Regrowth map?
Couldnt find any rendering program supporting more than Tekkit

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I have used MCMap, Mapcrafter, and PigMap recently, though not with Regrowth. Any of them should work for a 1.7.10 world, but you may see some issues when rendering mod added blocks. This is usually the fault of the mod author, not the mapping program since most of them rely on a blocks "map color" and many authors dont bother to set this for thier blocks.

M

marek_maras

Took me a while to understand how to operate Mapcrafter, but renders are nice. Sadly it looks like I will have to spend some time on understanding how resources files work to get blocks from modpack rendered. Thanks for an answer mate.

Btw. I forgot to thank the author of Regrowth for work he has done. I mean HQM quests at the most. I didn't play minecraft for a very long time and were expecting that I will be sitting on wiki 90% of the time studying this modpack and figuring out what to do next. Bunch of quests made this (for a newbie like me) really enjoyable from the start :)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
By render do you mean draw up a out of game map? I know journeymap does that. It is only capable of doing it to single player worlds, i think. The wiki goes over it.

M

marek_maras

Yes, i want to take out map render from the game and write it to any graphics file. I would like to create the history of my progress through the game and my changes done on map :)

I am playing singleplayer so it could suite me. I saw some links to journeymap but it is a mod. I guess i need some tools to add next mod to existing modpack? Better to make backup before it all crash :D

Last edited:

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, i want to take out map render from the game and write it to any graphics file. I would like to create the history of my progress through the game and my changes done on map :)

I am playing singleplayer so it could suite me. I saw some links to journeymap but it is a mod. I guess i need some tools to add next mod to existing modpack? Better to make backup before it all crash :D
Download it, drop it into the "mods" folder inside regrowth, and you're done. Always good to make a backup, simple changes or not.

M

marek_maras

Download it, drop it into the "mods" folder inside regrowth, and you're done.
Worked like a charm! Can't believe that adding mods is so easy now :) Everything is rendering correctly but I wish I could set 3d view and have more details. Anyway, i have something that works, and somewhat does what I wanted - thank you very much guys :)

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Worked like a charm! Can't believe that adding mods is so easy now :) Everything is rendering correctly but I wish I could set 3d view and have more details. Anyway, i have something that works, and somewhat does what I wanted - thank you very much guys :)
Adding mods is generally very easy now, assuming you're using forge (like this modpack is). Most do run on forge now though, wish it was so common when I hosted a server years ago.
Glad you were able to do (mostly) what you wanted.

kalavera

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching direwolf20-soaryn regrowth series and it seems that whenever one of the two completes a quest, both of them can claim the reward, and their questbook also updates regardless of who finished the quest.

Recently I started a server with a friend and apparently it is not possible to do the same, we actually have to complete every quest individually. Which leads me to believe I have to change something somewhere, but don't know what or how. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I've been watching direwolf20-soaryn regrowth series and it seems that whenever one of the two completes a quest, both of them can claim the reward, and their questbook also updates regardless of who finished the quest.

Recently I started a server with a friend and apparently it is not possible to do the same, we actually have to complete every quest individually. Which leads me to believe I have to change something somewhere, but don't know what or how. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi there, just had a quick scan and this could be helpful, was "pterodactal" on Reddit:

That is set within the Quest Book itself. I think only the Party Owner can do this. Open the Party Window and on the right page is a setting called Reward setting. By clicking the i next to it you can change how the rewards are given. You want the multiple rewards setting.

Do also note that in the same thread it was mentioned that it needs to be changed on both client and server, not 100% on how that's accomplished but hopefully this will give you a start!

- GwnG

EDIT: Here is the link to the Reddit thread.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks!

Hi there, just had a quick scan and this could be helpful, was "pterodactal" on Reddit:

Do also note that in the same thread it was mentioned that it needs to be changed on both client and server, not 100% on how that's accomplished but hopefully this will give you a start!

- GwnG

EDIT: Here is the link to the Reddit thread.
To clarify this, nothing needs to be changed server side. You sound like the two of you are not in a party at all since you have to complete quests individually. Reward sharing is an option (defaults to each take own rewards).

Open your quest book.
Click to go to the first page where it lists reputation.
At about reputation level but on the right side is a "party" section. One person makes a party and invites the other to it.
As stated above, by default you each take rewards from the quests either of you complete from now on.

A quick note, joining a party with a person sets your quest status to the exact same as theirs. So if the party leader is ahead of the invited person, the invited one forfeits any quests they personally have not completed yet.
The opposite is also true, if the party leader is behind the invited one. The invited goes backwards in the quests to be identical to the leader.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question to @thephoenixlodge : Why did you add Applied Energistics to the pack? Because of its popularity? Wouldn't Logistics Pipes have much more fit the whole pack which heavily uses Buildcraft?

Xionanx

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question to @thephoenixlodge : Why did you add Applied Energistics to the pack? Because of its popularity? Wouldn't Logistics Pipes have much more fit the whole pack which heavily uses Buildcraft?

Likely because Applied Energistics is the gold standard for GOOD inventory management and automated in 1.7.10 minecraft. It also fits just as well as Mekanism does, so I see no reason to complain about it not fitted the theme. IMO it needed to be made available earlier in the pack. I would also love to see Steves Factory Manager added to this. One of my main complaints about Regrowth is that it has way too many "time sinks", and Steves Factory Manager would help alleviate some of them.

Also, if in the future Regrowth "2" gets made for 1.8.9, I highly recommend adding "Storage Network" as an earlier alternative to AE. Playing with "chests" and "Storage drawers" is not my idea of fun..

Reactions: An0nymuS

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
Likely because Applied Energistics is the gold standard for GOOD inventory management and automated in 1.7.10 minecraft. It also fits just as well as Mekanism does, so I see no reason to complain about it not fitted the theme. IMO it needed to be made available earlier in the pack. I would also love to see Steves Factory Manager added to this. One of my main complaints about Regrowth is that it has way too many "time sinks", and Steves Factory Manager would help alleviate some of them.

Also, if in the future Regrowth "2" gets made for 1.8.9, I highly recommend adding "Storage Network" as an earlier alternative to AE. Playing with "chests" and "Storage drawers" is not my idea of fun..

Idk anything about Regrowth 2, but for inventory management something like logistics pipes would be amazing. I really would like something to interract with connected inventories such as vanilla chests, jabba barrels, drawes, cabinets, seed storages etc and act like a terminal. I wish there was a mod for that :(

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Idk anything about Regrowth 2, but for inventory management something like logistics pipes would be amazing. I really would like something to interract with connected inventories such as vanilla chests, jabba barrels, drawes, cabinets, seed storages etc and act like a terminal. I wish there was a mod for that :(
You know you can use the AE Storage Bus to attach to all of those and access them from the terminal right? You don't HAVE to use the drives to store things in. If you configure the Storage Bus that container (basrrel, drawer, etc) will become the default storage for those items. And you can attach ONE storage bus to a drawer controller to access the entire thing (special compatibility was made for it).

Xionanx

Jul 29, 2019

Thats EXACTLY what "Storage Network" does, but its a 1.8.9 mod.. hence why I was suggesting it for a new and/or updated Regrowth. If you haven't played a 1.8.9 mod pack that has it, you can try out "The Essentials" mod pack VIA the curse voice launcher.. it uses Storage Network. IMO its a great mod that hopefully will get improved and become a staple in mod packs.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I was not complaining.

About being the gold standard, not every mods needs to be included because people think it is a standard.

I never played with Logistics Pipes before Infinity Skyblock, but then I thought that it might have fit Regrowth much better since it basically builds on Buildcraft. The ultramodern AE somehow doesn't really fit the theme of the pack, but that is just my opinion. Of course AE is easier and people are used to it.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
I thought that it might have fit Regrowth much better since it basically builds on Buildcraft. The ultramodern AE somehow doesn't really fit the theme of the pack, but that is just my opinion. Of course AE is easier and people are used to it.

You are not the only one with that opinion.

Aside from AE and mechanism there is also AcademyCraft, I don't think these mods fit this modpack in the slightest.
Not complaining about the mods themself. They are all great mods, and I'm sure they'll work great in some other modpack.

I also don't think Millénaire fits very well, but it is less problematic than the other three, and there doesn't seem to be a better mod to spawn new villages.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You are not the only one with that opinion.

Aside from AE and mechanism there is also AcademyCraft, I don't think these mods fit this modpack in the slightest.
Not complaining about the mods themself. They are all great mods, and I'm sure they'll work great in some other modpack.

I also don't think Millénaire fits very well, but it is less problematic than the other three, and there doesn't seem to be a better mod to spawn new villages.
* raises eyebrow *

The aim of Regrowth is to bring life back to the world, and you don't think a mod that allows you to create villages that grow and expand fits the theme?

Hmm.

Reactions: Your mom