[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got access to glowstone, make a floating pure daisy, and you can then put it in a 3x3 pool of water. Be aware, that snow will melt if next to water, so you do need to baby sit it a bit.

I've got a setup with a BC Floodgate that is constantly pumping water into a 3x3 with a floating pure daisy in the middle. I've stored a bit of snow, but it is an easy way for me to get more.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It being in easy mode was honestly accidental - I was trying to make it easier on myself to creative test research and forgot to switch it back to normal mode a few versions back. Normal mode is the intention, but I'm not sure changing it back is worth the probable backlash that would result.
Well, the "easy" mode isn't really all that easy. You need to grind way more for easy mode. So you'd only piss of those allergic to the minigame and the hardcore.
Id love to resolve all those ordo links with the copious other aspects I have.
Regular research just takes longer, but it's way less of a research grind if you know the combos.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fimbrethil

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the "easy" mode isn't really all that easy. You need to grind way more for easy mode. So you'd only piss of those allergic to the minigame and the hardcore.
Id love to resolve all those ordo links with the copious other aspects I have.
Regular research just takes longer, but it's way less of a research grind if you know the combos.

I agree, the hunt for primal aspects, or having a way to generate them is a pain with easy mode. And once you get familiar with the various aspects, being able to link through the mini game isn't that hard.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
This bug has been reported numerous times since .9 came out. It is a problem with the current version, you need to give yourself the OP book and complete the quest.
I'm not following. I've given myself ops (/op), i've given myself the book (several times, with /give) i've even thrown a few copies through the portal.

What "OP book" do I need to give myself to finish this quest?

EDIT: Here's the answer if anyone finds it by googling.

first. op yourself (/op seanbrockest)
Next, use (/hqm edit) To give yourself the OP version of the questbook.
Now, find the quest, it's in Chapter 3, looks like a Pylon
Hold shift and hover over it. The text should change to "Click to Complete Quest"
Click it, then destroy this OP book. This book can also destroy your quest progress if used wrong, so don't keep it around.

Last edited:

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,

While editing the OP questbook for the quest Imag-ine a better system, as the book did not accept the constraint metal plate, my son did actived the hardcore mod in the game, now i only have three lives and do not dare to hunt the end dragon now... Is there a way to reset this back to survival mode as the game do not offer that option?

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,

thank you for replying RealKC but I am looking for the not cheating way of those hearts, just to get back to survival mode, hardcore mod stresses me too much :p

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth wasn't designed for Hardcore so PhoenixLodge didn't add a method for aquireing hearts. So unless you cheat you will have to just put up with 3 lives. That or pull rank and just turn regular mode back on.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
That or pull rank and just turn regular mode back on.
That's what he's asking. how does he turn regular mode back on. he doesn't want to play on hardcore.

EDIT: In attempting to help Ned, i've now accidentally enabled hardcore on my server as well. Really need a way to turn this back off.

Last edited:

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how you got yourselves into this mess, but type "/hqm help" to get a list of commands; "/hqm lives" can be used to add and remove lives if they are enabled, looking for way to disable lives for you now.

BlueDragon_Ned

Jul 29, 2019
greetings,

Thank you both seanbrockest and Flabort, and sorry to hear that you seanbrockest have the same trouble now, i hope a solution can be found.

Another question on Academy Craft: when i use a power from level two like light shield, it always say overload and nothing happens so i can not level those powers up, at the moment i am on level 4 by just using my level 1 power electron bomb and still i can not use the other powers, it still say overload... How do I raise my energy level so that I can use those higher tier powers?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I offered this thought some time back, but never saw any feed back as to whether it actually worked (I'm running a server and don't want to mess everyone else up experimenting). There does not seem to be any config file where hardcore mode is stored and it seems to be a dynamic thing you enable on the fly, so I suspect it is a flag in the HQM data files (player.dat) somewhere. Logic would suggest that deleting that file and its backup would clear that flag since TPL does not have it enabled by default. This means re-doing the quests, but we have all done that every time we changed versions so it should not be a big deal.

Again, I haven't actually tested this, but I do not think it will make matters any worse than they are. Positive waves being sent in your directions.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
That's what he's asking. how does he turn regular mode back on. he doesn't want to play on hardcore.

EDIT: In attempting to help Ned, i've now accidentally enabled hardcore on my server as well. Really need a way to turn this back off.
A quick look at the HQM sources suggests "/hqm hardcore disable" may do the job.

Reactions: An0nymuS

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good method for putting items into pipes? I am still early to mid game. I have redstone, and almost to diamonds.. Still working on the charcoal. For my small little automated farm, I am using a drum of the wild and a hopperhock, but my wooden engines can't keep up with the growth rate of the farm. I have even attached two engines to the chest, and I still end up with more in the chest than I can extract and pipe to my sorting system.