[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why I won't take that route. I already had to reset my hqm once fairly early on because of a glitch that erased my reputation while still leaving the quests completed. This how I know about some of the quests that are no longer appearing for me. And this is in all probability why I seem to be having difficulties now. I can only hope some of these quests do not effect too many of the others. I am in too deep and refuse to start over again if something else goes horribly horribly wrong.

To get back to the original question (or part of it) I checked the requirements for the the Alchemy Catalyst and the only requirements it has are to craft 1 gold ingot and a blaze rod. If it does not show up afterwards it is most likely a hidden quest that becomes visible after crafting the item. If you have one Catalyst already you probably will need to craft it again for hqm to detect it. Which is a thing you might have to do with all quests that are defined as crafting tasks.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why I won't take that route. I already had to reset my hqm once fairly early on because of a glitch that erased my reputation while still leaving the quests completed. This how I know about some of the quests that are no longer appearing for me. And this is in all probability why I seem to be having difficulties now. I can only hope some of these quests do not effect too many of the others. I am in too deep and refuse to start over again if something else goes horribly horribly wrong.

Considering you've already been able to reset your quest book, I don't see why you came here to ask questions about information you could have easily confirmed yourself in just a few minutes?

If you open up the "OP" quest book in edit mode, you'll be able to clearly see that many of the quest chains start off with a requirement for a certain level of reputation, pre-requisite quests (hidden trigger quests) and item detection. Just go to the one you are trying to open and trace back the requirements.

Frankly, considering you've already monkeyed with this by resetting your book, I think it's suspect that any advice anyone gives you would be worth anything. You've already modified the quest book outside of normal parameters, so there is really no honest way to advise you without someone examining your book themselves.

Occum's razor dictates It's either that, or despite following the advice in the "Getting Started" FAQ, you're unconsciously making a dumb mistake.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
--Small bug report--

Just started playing with regrowth for the first time on 0.9.1. I'm working on the mariculture quest line and found that snow was needed for the basic cooling upgrade. According to HQM, snowballs should drop from snowbells when harvesting, but after spending several stacks of bonemeal, I only ever got icy needles. I think this might be an agricraft issue. I assume if you managed to get mutandis to give you a vanilla snowbell plant, that might drop the snowballs. (I am using a 10/10/10 plant.) I was able to get some snow though via the pure daisy. place down some blocks on the sides, and you can place water in the corners that the pure daisy can reach. Not as efficient as a floating flower, but can be done a lot easier.

N

Nacoran

It is stored server side. In that folder you will find files named like: <date>_<time> graveLogs.log

In that file you will see a line like:
<date> <time> [INFO] Create <username>'s grave at <X>x<Y>x<Z>

Thanks! We were actually digging almost on top of it, but my Y was off by a few and we were digging through lava/obsidian. You are a life saver!

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
--Small bug report--

Just started playing with regrowth for the first time on 0.9.1. I'm working on the mariculture quest line and found that snow was needed for the basic cooling upgrade. According to HQM, snowballs should drop from snowbells when harvesting, but after spending several stacks of bonemeal, I only ever got icy needles. I think this might be an agricraft issue. I assume if you managed to get mutandis to give you a vanilla snowbell plant, that might drop the snowballs. (I am using a 10/10/10 plant.) I was able to get some snow though via the pure daisy. place down some blocks on the sides, and you can place water in the corners that the pure daisy can reach. Not as efficient as a floating flower, but can be done a lot easier.

Confirmed. I updated from 0.8.6 (I think) and I was able to get roughly 50/50 snowballs/icy needles from snowbells, but now I only get icy needles. I didn't check NEI to see if there was any indication that it should have changed.

Either way, this is going to make snow a lot harder.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
If you are clever you can automate it with a bc flood gate. You just have to position the flood gate right and fully enclose the area you want the water blocks. Then all you need is a form of block breaker. I forget if we have one in Regrowth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Confirmed. I updated from 0.8.6 (I think) and I was able to get roughly 50/50 snowballs/icy needles from snowbells, but now I only get icy needles. I didn't check NEI to see if there was any indication that it should have changed.

The snow from snowbells was a change from agricraft versions not regrowth (i could be wrong). If you need snow early on, just use your pure daisy, you get it about the same time and you do not need snow before then anyways.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
The snow from snowbells was a change from agricraft versions not regrowth (i could be wrong). If you need snow early on, just use your pure daisy, you get it about the same time and you do not need snow before then anyways.

You're right, it's an agricraft change and ThePhoenixLodge raised as a bug with Agricraft. Seems to be how Witchery Plants in general were being registered with the mod.

https://github.com/InfinityRaider/AgriCraft/issues/533

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bug with completing the "Another Side to the Story" quest (make an elven gateway). I've thrown my Botania book through and received the update to Elven Knowledge, but I can't complete the quest. As this world was an upgrade from 0.8.9, I created a new Botania book and repeated, still couldn't complete.

Both the automatic detection and manual detect fail to recognise the book.

PhoenixMage

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bug with completing the "Another Side to the Story" quest (make an elven gateway). I've thrown my Botania book through and received the update to Elven Knowledge, but I can't complete the quest. As this world was an upgrade from 0.8.9, I created a new Botania book and repeated, still couldn't complete.

Both the automatic detection and manual detect fail to recognise the book.
Been covered a few times. I was happening after you stored the book in the binder I believe. You can either create a new lexicon and throw it in or use the op book and mark the quest as done.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Something odd happened the other day. I went sight-seeing up on top of a mountain and got hit by hideous lag. Took me several minutes just to exit the game. When I got back in again the lag hit me really quickly and I had to log out and back in several times just to get back to my base. Now I'm back, everything is fine. Any ideas? My base is fairly advanced with multiple power systems and I'm working on bees at the moment and have a few World Anchors scattered around. Is chunk loading prone to lag problems? 0.8.8.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that this modpack does not use fastcraft. Is there any reason why?

Is it known to be incompatible? Does anyone else use it? I've used it in other mods, and it really does wonders.

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
Have flowers been disabled from agricraft crops? I'm trying to shear dandelions and poppies (with manasteel and normal shears) but I can't. It simply registers as a right-click and gives me dye. Both seeds ate 10/10/10.

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
I have found a bug. Upon trying to use the shears on a Botania flower to harvest it, the plant acts as if has been harvested and the shears are damaged, but there is no flower upon harvest

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Something odd happened the other day. I went sight-seeing up on top of a mountain and got hit by hideous lag. Took me several minutes just to exit the game. When I got back in again the lag hit me really quickly and I had to log out and back in several times just to get back to my base. Now I'm back, everything is fine. Any ideas? My base is fairly advanced with multiple power systems and I'm working on bees at the moment and have a few World Anchors scattered around. Is chunk loading prone to lag problems? 0.8.8.

I've had this happen to me a few times. I don't think it's related to using chunkloaders or any type of machinery.

However, since you were up really high, I think this might be your bug:

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2ozdwr/1710_please_point_me_to_a_mod_that_fixes_a/

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I have found a bug. Upon trying to use the shears on a Botania flower to harvest it, the plant acts as if has been harvested and the shears are damaged, but there is no flower upon harvest

you only get one flower per two dropped petals/dye, rounded down. This means that a unimproved crop will not drop anything, as it would have only dropped one petal/dye.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Have flowers been disabled from agricraft crops? I'm trying to shear dandelions and poppies (with manasteel and normal shears) but I can't. It simply registers as a right-click and gives me dye. Both seeds ate 10/10/10.

i have had exactly this problem in another pack, i still dont know what causes it. Let me know if you find out please.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that this modpack does not use fastcraft. Is there any reason why?

Is it known to be incompatible? Does anyone else use it? I've used it in other mods, and it really does wonders.

I add it to all packs I play and haven't had a problem as yet. It does wonders for my FPS on my little laptop.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands

I can confirm that fastcraft does indeed cause problems for me. You can read about the details in this post made by myself.

As I mentioned in the linked post, I'm glad that regrowth doesn't include fastcraft by default, because the FTB launcher doesn't allow a modpack to be downloaded without immediately launching it. So I can't disable fastcraft and have to reboot my computer at least once every time I download the a pack that has it (Like after an update to the pack)

On my old computer I didn't have this problem, So I added fastcraft myself and it worked great. It is a simple thing to do.

On the other hand, Maybe It is possible for the modpack author to add fastcraft pre-disabled. That way, the end user doesn't have to install fastcraft, only enable it in the FTB launcher. This doesn't exactly have a high priority though.

D

DJ salix

hey guys, i have totally no idea of this forum... i signed up just to find out if this modpack is still popular and if it is, when was the last time it was updated?? :)