[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ngmatt8652

Jul 29, 2019
my sister and I want to use regrowth with lan, however when she starts regowth all the words are black boxes, we are running the same os os x 10.9.5 and it works just fine for me, here is her log http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/97290c14 I have no idea whats doing it

edit: when its minimized and brought back up, all the text disappears.

K

kastor

So earlier today, I was playing on my regrowth world when my computer inexplicably turned off. As a result, my file is corrupted. I've tried several recovery methods, to no avail. I'm just stuck with the message that the forge modloader is already using the level.dat file, or whatever. I dont really care now.
What I do want to say is how thoroughly enjoyable I found this modpack to be. the entire premise of regrowth thrills me to my very core. A focus on creation while being able to explore and make use of a world? Where the resources available are directly related to the effort and care you put forth? Amazing. The whole progression was slow, at enjoyable rate, but not because it was deep- it was wide. Its not like GregTech wherein its just extra steps, but rather the opening of entirely new possibilities.
But what I appreciated the most was the quest book itself. It did a splendid job at both guiding me towards my next goal, and showing me all that the mods had to offer, then rewarding me appropriately. Only once or twice did I really have to scratch my head over what to do next, unlike every other HQM pack I've tried, where every other step is me wondering what to do.
So, at the unexpected end of my own journey withing Regrowth- thank you. I loved every minute.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
my sister and I want to use regrowth with lan, however when she starts regowth all the words are black boxes, we are running the same os os x 10.9.5 and it works just fine for me, here is her log http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/97290c14 I have no idea whats doing it

edit: when its minimized and brought back up, all the text disappears.
Not sure if Regrowth does it as I think I might've done it on my own but in the config folder check splash.properties, enabled should be set to false. That should fix the issue, the F3+T also works but has to be done every run.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
So earlier today, I was playing on my regrowth world when my computer inexplicably turned off. As a result, my file is corrupted. I've tried several recovery methods, to no avail. I'm just stuck with the message that the forge modloader is already using the level.dat file, or whatever. I dont really care now.
What I do want to say is how thoroughly enjoyable I found this modpack to be. the entire premise of regrowth thrills me to my very core. A focus on creation while being able to explore and make use of a world? Where the resources available are directly related to the effort and care you put forth? Amazing. The whole progression was slow, at enjoyable rate, but not because it was deep- it was wide. Its not like GregTech wherein its just extra steps, but rather the opening of entirely new possibilities.
But what I appreciated the most was the quest book itself. It did a splendid job at both guiding me towards my next goal, and showing me all that the mods had to offer, then rewarding me appropriately. Only once or twice did I really have to scratch my head over what to do next, unlike every other HQM pack I've tried, where every other step is me wondering what to do.
So, at the unexpected end of my own journey withing Regrowth- thank you. I loved every minute.
Your Regrowth life isn't necessarily over. In the same directory where level.dat lives, there should be a file called level.dat.bak. Simply delete level.dat, rename level.dat.bak to level.dat, and all should be well.

By the way, the dragon heartily agrees with your sentiments. Although he does admit that the scarcity/grind/unlimited resources has spoiled him a bit for other packs.

K

kastor

Your Regrowth life isn't necessarily over. In the same directory where level.dat lives, there should be a file called level.dat.bak. Simply delete level.dat, rename level.dat.bak to level.dat, and all should be well.

There should be, but there isnt. There literally is no such file in the directory. :/
I've also tried transplanting the info into a new world. Doing it wholesale keeps the issue (obviously), copying a different world's level.dat, level.dat_old, and session lock causes the game to run without the error sign, but crashes immediately. Doing the inverse gives me the sign, but nothing else. And trying to copy just the world data resulted in... desk bells. A world made of desk bells, trees made of chests, a lot, a LOT of lag.

ngmatt8652

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if Regrowth does it as I think I might've done it on my own but in the config folder check splash.properties, enabled should be set to false. That should fix the issue, the F3+T also works but has to be done every run.

I think there has been a miscommunication, when she STARTS the modpack the forge preloader looks just fine, however once its done loading all the text on the title screen and the warning that comes before it is just black boxes, we haven't even begun to try multiplayer yet, the problem persists after making a single player world and the f3 + t did nothing

Last edited:

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
There should be, but there isnt. There literally is no such file in the directory. :/
I've also tried transplanting the info into a new world. Doing it wholesale keeps the issue (obviously), copying a different world's level.dat, level.dat_old, and session lock causes the game to run without the error sign, but crashes immediately. Doing the inverse gives me the sign, but nothing else. And trying to copy just the world data resulted in... desk bells. A world made of desk bells, trees made of chests, a lot, a LOT of lag.
I do apologize. There was way too much blood in the caffeine system this morning. Level.dat_old is the one you want. Rename level.dat to something, make a copy of level.dat_old and rename that copy to level.dat. I didn't have the issue you are describing, but I did have world that wouldn't load and that was what I finally managed to recover with. With any luck, the _old file is not corrupted also.
My 8 mo. old granddaughter just pointed out that maybe the session lock didn't get cleared properly when your system crashed and copying one from a world that properly closed may be all you need. Best of luck to you and lots of positive waves being sent your way.

Edit for typos, before mentioned granddaughter was "helping" me type. Another thought: Rename (or delete) the session lock. Forge "should" be smart enough to realize there is no lock file and create it.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to the Stable node thing. I understand the bulling aspect, I think. You place a 2 or more node within 5 blocks and the strongest one feeds off the weaker ones. It will drain the weaker one until it dies, or you can stabilize it and let it recharge and do it all over again. My question is, to make a all around good vis node what number/aspects should it be up to before energizing it? Also, is it faster to just feed your main node smaller ones and keep looking for more, or waiting for the weaker one to recharge each time? I also know that they start to loose points and will slowly recharge less and less.

Edit: If I read it right,, Does an advance node stabilizer keep the node safe from any other node? So it can feed off of any node (Big or Small) and you don't have to worry about it getting bullied?

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to the Stable node thing. I understand the bulling aspect, I think. You place a 2 or more node within 5 blocks and the strongest one feeds off the weaker ones. It will drain the weaker one until it dies, or you can stabilize it and let it recharge and do it all over again. My question is, to make a all around good vis node what number/aspects should it be up to before energizing it? Also, is it faster to just feed your main node smaller ones and keep looking for more, or waiting for the weaker one to recharge each time? I also know that they start to loose points and will slowly recharge less and less.

Edit: If I read it right,, Does an advance node stabilizer keep the node safe from any other node? So it can feed off of any node (Big or Small) and you don't have to worry about it getting bullied?

IIRC, the basic node stabilizer prevents the node from being bullied and prevents it from bullying. The Advanced stabilizer prevents the node from being bullied, but still allows it to bully others. The rules as far as large vs small still apply though, so a small node will not bully a larger one.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I think there has been a miscommunication, when she STARTS the modpack the forge preloader looks just fine, however once its done loading all the text on the title screen and the warning that comes before it is just black boxes, we haven't even begun to try multiplayer yet, the problem persists after making a single player world and the f3 + t did nothing
I know the forge loading screen will look fine, because I've seen many reports of what I think is the same bug, including on my own computer across many different packs, disabling the splash screen consistently fixes it. So does F3+T, for that you have to actually be currently loaded into a world and be holding F3 while you push T, like CMD+V or whatever, have to be holding the first key while you hit the second. Decent chance you have to push FN as well or F3 will just trigger spaces or whatever, if the F3 info screen doesn't appear when you push F3 it didn't count.

E

Eatthatmuffin

I'm stuck on the blast furnace quest and even though I figured out how to craft infernal blocks, when i build the recipe it simply doesn't craft anything.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck on the blast furnace quest and even though I figured out how to craft infernal blocks, when i build the recipe it simply doesn't craft anything.

I'm not sure. You crafted the infernal block with soul sand and nether brick? Then you place that block in a crafting window twice (I think) to get it to the block used in the Blast Furnace recipe? I'm sorry if that doesn't help, I know I had trouble with that one also because you have to back track how to get that block and it was confusing me.

For anyone that didn't know(I just found it out) The Auto Assembler from Enhanced Inventories will pull from a Draw controller. Well the Draws that are connected to a draw controller.lol I kind of wish I knew that earlier because that would be a good auto crafting setup, well still will be because I'm still a bit away from AE. Now to test and see if it will pull from the controller slaves. That way you could set up 3-4 Assemblers to each slave and add a recipe for each and you can auto craft. That should really be a quest for that. It will pull from most inventories, and you can use schematics.

Edit: Does anyone know if there is a player detect item/block that will trigger a redstone signal? I was hopping to try out the walls from Witching gadgets, but didn't want to just add a lever, or button.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure. You crafted the infernal block with soul sand and nether brick? Then you place that block in a crafting window twice (I think) to get it to the block used in the Blast Furnace recipe? I'm sorry if that doesn't help, I know I had trouble with that one also because you have to back track how to get that block and it was confusing me.

For anyone that didn't know(I just found it out) The Auto Assembler from Enhanced Inventories will pull from a Draw controller. Well the Draws that are connected to a draw controller.lol I kind of wish I knew that earlier because that would be a good auto crafting setup, well still will be because I'm still a bit away from AE. Now to test and see if it will pull from the controller slaves. That way you could set up 3-4 Assemblers to each slave and add a recipe for each and you can auto craft. That should really be a quest for that. It will pull from most inventories, and you can use schematics.
If I get what you are saying this would help a lot with essences.

Might actually work best with keeping what is needed on hand. If I remember those assemblers right they will only pull what they need to do the crafting. I seem to remember them filling output slots with the result. If the output can be jammed and it feeds a limited size container it would a allow for some materials to be kept in stock. Without using up all the basic components. I can't remember the exacts. I know it would work though. Would be a lit simpler to setup to with hooking directly into the whole system.

I never stopped to think how those controllers work. I know they let a AE system interface with them for full access to all the drawers. I never stopped to think that that would imply similar functionality to anything that wanted to access adjacent inventories.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, the slaves will work too.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019

You don't need to stress that much about energized nodes. If you want something to run your crafting bench/wand foci bench, then all you need to aim for is a node that has about 20-30 of each aspect in it. Compound aspects actually count towards this as well, so 20 points of say Lux, will break down into Aer and Ignis equally (10 pts each). Often you can solve the issue by feeding the node you want to energize a couple of weak nodes from Silverwood trees, particularly they spawn with victus on them along which I believe is Aqua + Terra

If you end up with 5 centevis of each aspect in your energized node, then you're doing perfectly fine. Also, even though energized nodes can't share the same vis relay, if you have multiple within 7 blocks of the item trying to use centevis, it'll draw the appropriate vis from each node. That is to say, you can have 2 or more energized nodes feeding your workbenches. You can also color code the vis relays if you need to by clicking them with shards if you really need to extend nodes close to each other. Word of warning - I've crashed Regrowth before by placing vis relays (uncolored) next to items drawing the same vis from multiple sources. Bad idea - it also destroyed all the items drawing vis :eek:

I'm guilty of this myself, but people spend way too long twiddling with nodes. There's not a finite supply of them, you can even make more if you need to through Silverwood trees. Oh well, at least I did discover a really nice way to drain every single point of an aspect from a node using vis readers, node stabilizers and dense redcrystal :p

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the slaves will work too.

I use the slaves a lot for this - Pull raw material from the farm with a hopper barrel, then feed that to an auto crafting workbench, then feed that via a normal hopper back into a slave (sometimes on another network). Basically automatically turn all my essences for ores and stuff like redstone/glowstone into their actual items and store them in the drawers I use to actually craft from.

Also, if people use the Inventorium, you can point the scribe at a slave or controller and it'll read the contents of every drawer on the network, regardless of range and of course, golems can insert/extract items from slave controllers as well. It can make your entire Inventorium set-up really, really, really small.

Sometime in mid-game I generally set up a few golem crafting workbenches tied to a row of slave controllers and then configure them to make stuff I use a lot, like pistons, redstone comparators, drawer upgrades, etc. I'm surprised more people don't use the golems for automation because if you're clever you can automate pretty much any type of processing or crafting without having to deal with item overflow and the golems can use the drawer slaves as a pickup/drop off point.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What are the options for auto-harvesting ore and XP berries?

p.s. The problem with auto-assemblers disappearing seems to be related to BC pipes, as it stopped happening when I replaced them with Mek logistical transporter pipes.

Last edited: