[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, apologies to anyone who's been trying to get mysterious maps lately. I just discovered a bug that meant they haven't been dropping from regular zombies and skeletons since 0.8.7.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
without cursed earth what is a good way to feed a well of suffering ritual.
Witches with nametags or flesh golems with upgrades that increase healing. Both will usually heal faster than the well will damage them. The golems do not have to have cores.

Edit - but if you want to be really safe put the ritual on a timer so that it is on for 10 sec, then off for 10 sec. This will ensure that the mobs have time to heal.

Note, I have not yet tried this in Regrowth, but it has worked in the past.

Last edited:

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I found 4 witch spanners have one about 10 blocks from each side with a pit at end . I just lure a bunch to the pit and it is working great.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I found 4 witch spanners have one about 10 blocks from each side with a pit at end . I just lure a bunch to the pit and it is working great.

Note that if you nametag a few witches they will not despawn, so you should be able to lure a few in, nametag them, and then never touch it again.

S

Skye Silverwing

I just finished up my elven portal, and tossed my Lexica Botania through and got the improved version, but the Quest book is not detecting it. I tried again and then even used NEI to cheat in the book. Nothing works. It is not good, because I know there are a lot of Quests locked behind that one, and I cannot finish the quest until it is fixed. Can someone help me?

J

Jasage

I just finished up my elven portal, and tossed my Lexica Botania through and got the improved version, but the Quest book is not detecting it. I tried again and then even used NEI to cheat in the book. Nothing works. It is not good, because I know there are a lot of Quests locked behind that one, and I cannot finish the quest until it is fixed. Can someone help me?
It is a known bug (something to do with the book binder). You can either remake the Lexica book and throw it in again or use the /hqm edit and finish the quest

S

Skye Silverwing

It is a known bug (something to do with the book binder). You can either remake the Lexica book and throw it in again or use the /hqm edit and finish the quest
I tried remaking the Lexica and throwing it in again. Several times. It still does not detect the Lexica. What is the /hqm edit, and how do I use it to make this work?

kshoh

Jul 29, 2019
I tried remaking the Lexica and throwing it in again. Several times. It still does not detect the Lexica. What is the /hqm edit, and how do I use it to make this work?

Just type /hqm edit and you'll receive the op quest book. Just open it and shift-click the quest to force validate. More info about it on the second post of this thread.

S

Skye Silverwing

Just type /hqm edit and you'll receive the op quest book. Just open it and shift-click the quest to force validate. More info about it on the second post of this thread.
I cannot use /hqm edit. I made this world with no cheats enabled.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
The humble (and somewhat battered and bruised) dragon comes before the assembled wisdom once again seeking enlightenment. How does one deal with a hungry node? I found one over water, so there was no warning crater. <sigh> There is, of course, the "avoidance" option, but I am a bit annoyed at it.

<bows low and slithers off to mend the tear in his wing>

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I've finished opening the eye. Can i dump my Warp now? I need a bath, but I don't want to lower my warp if there is another good reason to have it.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
The humble (and somewhat battered and bruised) dragon comes before the assembled wisdom once again seeking enlightenment. How does one deal with a hungry node? I found one over water, so there was no warning crater. <sigh> There is, of course, the "avoidance" option, but I am a bit annoyed at it.

<bows low and slithers off to mend the tear in his wing>
Ring of far reach, items that increase movement speed, something that gives you flight. These will help you maintain a safe distance from the node.

Encase the node in obsidian. Once it is surrounded it should be a lot safer.

If you want to be tricky, you can then feed, taint, and energize the node to use it as a power source.

Last edited:

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Made a forestry farm now have 25K apple saplings that won't crush into bio fuel. Any way to swap them back to oak saplings.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Made a forestry farm now have 25K apple saplings that won't crush into bio fuel. Any way to swap them back to oak saplings.

If it is ore dictionaried with the normal sapling, you may be able to convert it with jabba barrels. If not... I guess you could add a modtweaker script for it.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at finishing up this update now, and want to make sure I'm not missing any bugs people have found. If you know of any please post them again, but FIRST, make sure they aren't already addressed in the existing changelog (link here for convenience). Again, please post any bugs you know of, but make sure they're not already fixed first.

Reactions: Sungak and rjwboys